Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's true about Nish, Jimmy N will have the formation he has always wanted. Remember how he pursued big Mark Beck, from Carlisle? Nish certainly gave our defence a torrid time, With Nish, Herron, Buchanan and Kudus we should have strength and pace up front. The board has backed the manager: it's now up to JN and the team to deliver.

when i look at that picture you have, what i think is how gutted the stand full of townies in the background must be. Beautiful contrast in that picture.

He's really not that good. I've always tried to defend him when others give him stick but I've been finding that increasingly difficult. He's also our top earner so you must be paying him a handsome wage.

He's better with the ball at his feet but he's terrible in the air. He also goes down really easy but never gets a free kick for it. A hugely frustrating player that I wont be disappointed to see the back of.

there is no way we going to win 3 games in a row. Fantasy talk mate.

there's not much in it between the teams around us and a big divide to the top teams.

Problem is, we need to. If we cannot beat Dumbarton and Alloa, who exactly are we going to beat? We need at least a draw on Saturday and then two wins. We managed 7 points out of 9 at the end of last season when people thought it wouldn't happen.

Alloa will take points off the other teams outwith the top three because most of their games are close and they have already taken points off the top three, which we haven't managed.

As for Livi, who knows with them. They may get kicked out the league, but they may not and they are spending money yet again and may move upwards fairly quickly. That was a resounding win over Dumbarton yesterday.

On behalf of everyone at ParsTV, we'd like to send our sincerest condolences to Dean and his family.

Btw, just in case you hadn't heard or seen, the PST (Pars Supporters' Trust) are taking donations from Pars fans - who requested that idea on our forum last week - to pass on to Dean and his family.

More here - story is titled "Pars share Dean Brett's Grief":

http://dafc.co.uk/news.php?c=News

On behalf of everyone at ParsTV, we'd like to send our sincerest condolences to Dean and his family.

Btw, just in case you hadn't heard or seen, the PST (Pars Supporters' Trust) are taking donations from Pars fans - who requested that idea on our forum last week - to pass on to Dean and his family.

More here - story is titled "Pars share Dean Brett's Grief":

http://dafc.co.uk/news.php?c=News

I have been impressed by the Dunfermline fans and the club as a whole in their kindness towards Deano after what has happened to him.

Problem is, we need to. If we cannot beat Dumbarton and Alloa, who exactly are we going to beat? We need at least a draw on Saturday and then two wins. We managed 7 points out of 9 at the end of last season when people thought it wouldn't happen.

Alloa will take points off the other teams outwith the top three because most of their games are close and they have already taken points off the top three, which we haven't managed.

As for Livi, who knows with them. They may get kicked out the league, but they may not and they are spending money yet again and may move upwards fairly quickly. That was a resounding win over Dumbarton yesterday.

Its been a long time since we've beaten Dumbarton. In six attempts since they came up we've beaten Alloa twice. We've had two extremely lucky results against Livi this season.

I've seen nothing to suggest our dreadful performances will change. You could see against Hibs the heads dropped after the first and we never looked like competing let alone getting anything. The players don't look motivated.

I have been impressed by the Dunfermline fans and the club as a whole in their kindness towards Deano after what has happened to him.

Very impressed by the Pars fans also.

Received an e-mail today re the 100 club making a donation to help Dean and his family. I'm sure every member will be behind this 100% and I hope we can make this as much as is possible. . Money of any amount is of course no compensation at all for such a huge loss but at least it will help to let Dean know that everyone at Cowden is with him at such a terrible time in his young life.

That clip on Sky Sports with someone pouring a boiled kettle on the pitch to thaw it is embarrassing. Who the f**k allowed that to be filmed and go out? Makes the club look like a bunch of amateurs.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9660229/scottish-championship-wrap-24th-january

What's he doing? He is destroying the pitch. He has probably killed the little grass that was on that area of the pitch.

Archived