Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Can't believe cowden fans not wanting to attend rangers game. We have worked our socks off for years to get to this stage. Enjoy it and hope the club makes some money though with the size of our squad we can't be making much.

As for rather go to Montrose etc thats a poor attitude in my world. Aim to do your very best always and revel as the underdog. Celebrate every point as a triumph for david over goliath. Make the most of this purple patch while it lasts lads and remember we would still be the wee club if we got relegated and probably also the wee club in the bottom league.

Get in'tae them.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe cowden fans not wanting to attend rangers game. We have worked our socks off for years to get to this stage. Enjoy it and hope the club makes some money though with the size of our squad we can't be making much.

As for rather go to Montrose etc thats a poor attitude in my world. Aim to do your very best always and revel as the underdog. Celebrate every point as a triumph for david over goliath. Make the most of this purple patch while it lasts lads and remember we would still be the wee club if we got relegated and probably also the wee club in the bottom league.

Get in'tae them.

Big Al great post enjoy the big games they dont come along often

What's your big team Wasp? I'm going Rangers. Typical patronising view. A 'big' game is what you deem a big game to be. League winners v Elgin and Forfar, promotion v Brechin, play off v Brechin and the Pars. These are 'big' game. Not fucking Sevco in December.

I should be enthused by this game but in all honesty I'm not that excited about it. It will be great to see us have a full house and I'm glad of the money it will raise for the club but that's as far as it goes for me. Rangers are not a big draw as far as I'm concerned. They continue to prove that they are just an embarrassment to Scottish football with every passing day. In days gone by I would have seen it differently but I'm going to this with no sense of excitement.

I hope there is no trouble at the game and if there are going to be flash points I'd expect them to be in the older wooden stand. I hope that the police are around in numbers where they are needed for a change and that the stewards employed by the club have clear instructions about how to deal with any antagonistic away fans who are seated in the home end.

Bottom line is, we need to be in this league.

Yes, away days are so much better, but we need to be here.

Some folk saying they won't attend!!! Can't believe that??

If it was a Scottish cup tie then ud b there

But Vince there's been games you've chosen not to attend? What makes this any different?

There's a bit of a category confusion in this thread. There's no contradiction between being a loyal Cowden fan and choosing not to go to a game featuring the Old Firm. Quite a number of fans stay away by choice when Rangers or Celtic are in town.

There's also not a contradiction between preferring the away games in the lower leagues to watching the "big" games with more possibilities of hammerings.

Personally, though, I think it's good to be competing against the big boys from time to time. Who knows, we may pull off a memorable result against one of the fancied clubs. We want to encourage ambition on the part of the players. Not only that, the revenue will be important for the club. (I do have reservations about the size of the current squad and its impact on finances.)

We do have some good players, and although we're somewhat inconsistent and erratic we can pull off some surprise results in this league, These will be something to cherish and remember.

For me, the 2005/6 season under Mixu will take a bit of beating, With the leadership of big Innes Ritchie - the "Big Ming" of the era - and the enthusiasm of the young players, plus the sheer class of Markus who was worth the admission money alone...and then the helicopter over Central Park: doesn't get much better.

post-882-0-79197300-1414695375_thumb.jpg

post-882-0-99958200-1414695396.jpg

Archived