Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've already been told by a club official that nothing will be done about it. The official line looks like "grin and bare it". Alright for them sittin in the officials area. If it gets too bad I'll just leave. I'm considering not going at all.

You were told nothing of the kind - comments like that are the sort of misleading summary you hear from politicians. I gave a personal view - nothing to do with the club - I have had no involvement in the security arrangements nor have been in discussions about them - they are largely the province of the former Assistant Chief Constable who is on the Board. He will liaise with police and stewards. Again as pointed out above my view as I said was leave it to the police and stewards - not nothing will be done. Maybe tear gas and baton rounds is your suggestion. Yes it's great sitting in the officials section - once I have written the programme, helped selling the tickets, managed the budget in a period of over 5 weeks with no games, had negotiations with the club's owners, organised the turnstiles for the game and run them on the night, dealt with any crisis or problem that arise on the night, helped shut down the stadium after the game, I might manage to fit in sitting down and at least seeing a part of the match. Meantime some of those other unpaid fat cats on the Board are sorting the floodlights, dealing with damage to the pitch, organising and running hospitality, dealing with the security for the game, etc.

Woah cc. Never said u didn't deserve to be sittin there. Everybody knows how hard the board work.

But next Tues if things don't go to plan and if there is a potential of bother, having seen before how quickly the stewards size up and react to a situation, I have no confidence in them stopping it.

I would rather the situation wasn't allowed to happen in the first place. As Dumbarton fans have posted, there was an "awkward" situation on Saturday that they weren't happy about.

Hopefully nothing does happen and as you have suggested that there will be RFC fans in the Cowden section, that there is no bother. Hoping doesn't always work tho. I do not want to be sitting next to Rangers fans next Tues so will have to take an independent assessment of the situation when I take my seat.

These are the games that the club have been striving to play in for years and now we're there some supporters don't want to go! That's a strange one for me, but everyone to their own I suppose. Ideally we would have sold out our allocation to the home fans, but I've been at games like Dunfermline v Rangers and the Rangers fans have always managed to find their way into the home end when they couldn't get a ticket for the away end, so it's no surprise that we are in the same situation. Just want us to put in a performance on the park and at least try and make them work for it. The board do a tremendous job given our resources and deserve 100% backing from the fans. People will have different opinions from the board at times, but ultimately we know they are doing the best for the club in difficult circumstances.

I don't tbink I've ever really wanted to see us play Rangers at Central Park. What's the attraction? I just dont see it.

For me I just want to see the ground full, whether it's Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc we're playing. Not had much chances to see the big Scottish clubs play at Central over the years and this season we play 3 of the big clubs twice at home. Just good to be part of it for a change. I'm sure as hell glad we won the play off. Who are the Pars playing next week?

So do I Blueminer but if the club knows that we are selling tickets to away fans why not let us have our normal part of ground and we stand together. I only got my ticket monday if tickets are for a allocated seat I could be in a seat surrounded by Rangers fans if they bought tickets at same time I would not be happy with that

So do I Blueminer but if the club knows that we are selling tickets to away fans why not let us have our normal part of ground and we stand together. I only got my ticket monday if tickets are for a allocated seat I could be in a seat surrounded by Rangers fans if they bought tickets at same time I would not be happy with that

I believe that police set out how the ground was going to be divided for the big games Scotty.

We are not selling tickets to away fans - Rangers are doing that. The whole point is that it is possible that some Rangers fans might acquire tickets for the home end - they have done that at every other club it seems. If we sell 1200 tickets - and have 370 season ticket holders - then we have lots of buyers who are not really well known to us. That hardly means though you are likely to be surrounded by Rangers fans in a segregated match - let's keep things in perspective.

I just want us to be competitive, entertaining and successful on the pitch - regardless of who we play. I'd rather go to a home game v East Fife then a home game v the Old Firm.

Well I would suggest playing Rangers or Celtic or Hibs or Hearts and having much larger crowds would generally mean we are being more successful on the pitch than if we are playing East Fife. It's 43 years since we played any of those teams in a League - suggesting that this is the most success the club has had in all those years. We have played East Fife about 30 times in the last 15 or so years.

Woah cc. Never said u didn't deserve to be sittin there. Everybody knows how hard the board work.

But next Tues if things don't go to plan and if there is a potential of bother, having seen before how quickly the stewards size up and react to a situation, I have no confidence in them stopping it.

I would rather the situation wasn't allowed to happen in the first place. As Dumbarton fans have posted, there was an "awkward" situation on Saturday that they weren't happy about.

Hopefully nothing does happen and as you have suggested that there will be RFC fans in the Cowden section, that there is no bother. Hoping doesn't always work tho. I do not want to be sitting next to Rangers fans next Tues so will have to take an independent assessment of the situation when I take my seat.

I don't know if there will be Rangers fans in the home section - we aren't selling tickets to Rangers fans. But can you show me any club they have played where there were no Rangers fans in the other end? All I suggested is that it wouldn't be a surprise if some Rangers fans managed to get Cowdenbeath end tickets and if there were then it is for the police and stewards to deal with as they see fit as presumably they have done at any other ground where this has happened e.g Dumbarton.

Who are the Pars playing next week?

but I've been at games like Dunfermline v Rangers and the Rangers fans have always managed to find their way into the home end when they couldn't get a ticket for the away end,

East Stirling away in the cup, would take it every day of the week than having one of the old firm in town, I appreciate that the game will have a bit of the novelty factor but it's absolutely fucking pish. If there's one thing that will make getting pumped all the worse, it will be the c**t who lives around the corner from central park giving it big licks about the mighty Gers, while all the while being a condescending and patronising arsehole about his local team. Not all Rangers fans are arseholes, the minority are very good at making themselves known though.

At least you can join in with that song about the Bouncy :barf

East Stirling away in the cup, would take it every day of the week than having one of the old firm in town, I appreciate that the game will have a bit of the novelty factor but it's absolutely fucking pish. If there's one thing that will make getting pumped all the worse, it will be the c**t who lives around the corner from central park giving it big licks about the mighty Gers, while all the while being a condescending and patronising arsehole about his local team. Not all Rangers fans are arseholes, the minority are very good at making themselves known though.

As CC wrote, it's over 40 years since we've went head to head in the league with the big guns, so the novelty factor is certainly there.

Can't deny we like doing the bouncy now and again :bounce3

Completely understand what you're saying. It's a double edged sword for me personally - I've never seen central park full in all its glory. It's just a pity that the majority of the crowd will be deplorable cretins. Without a doubt, I'd 100% rather see us play the pars in front of a capacity crowd, or anyone else other than the disgusting twosome. However you lot were too shite to be in our league this season :(

I say, let's appreciate the dosh we will make from the circus act and hopefully take something from the game.

Archived