Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

If Dundee sign any more players , maybe we could get Greg on a loan deal?

Would make little sense for Dundee to loan him out. Hartley knew exactly what he was getting with Greg so he must rate him, Greg played against Man City as well so he must be in their plans. Wouldn't really benefit Dundee to loan out a 24 year old to a club they just signed him from. Obviously I'd love Greg back but there is very little chance.

All the loan signings I've heard we are getting seem to be featuring for their respective teams but that doesn't mean much pre season.

I still think we need 4/5 players. Our left side looks very weak. An injury to Adamson (or suspension) and there's no one.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would make little sense for Dundee to loan him out. Hartley knew exactly what he was getting with Greg so he must rate him, Greg played against Man City as well so he must be in their plans. Wouldn't really benefit Dundee to loan out a 24 year old to a club they just signed him from. Obviously I'd love Greg back but there is very little chance.

All the loan signings I've heard we are getting seem to be featuring for their respective teams but that doesn't mean much pre season.

I still think we need 4/5 players. Our left side looks very weak. An injury to Adamson (or suspension) and there's no one.

Grasping at straws with Greg, but Dundee signed another striker on a two year deal. All their forwards can't get a game. It would be a real shame if Greg ends up on the bench. You are correct, we need another four or five players, at least three good ones to replace those that we have lost just to have a chance of staying up.

Thanks, Duncan. How do you think we'll do against Hibs, Hearts and Rangers? Do you remember any famous victories when you were a ballboy at CP, Duncan?

Anytime Cowden won back in those days was great as it didn't happen too often. I do remember going to Easter Road to watch them play in the then League Cup against Hearts (lost I think 9-3 or something like that). All the ball boys went together. Bobby Gilfillan hit the post in the first few minutes and we were sure we were going to win. We also played Rangers at home in the Scottish Cup and lost 2-0 but the big game was when we lost at home to Celtic because the highlights were going to be on TV, all 30 seconds of them. How things have changed. I really enjoyed listening to the interviews, thanks for posting the links. I think today's team will fare better than those teams did, I watch the highlights off the Pars playoff all the time. Thanks again.

Get a job!!!

I was going to say that! Don't know why students think there a 'special case' when it comes to getting into football on the cheap - what about the unemployed and people on low incomes who are probably more deserving cases.

I was going to say that! Don't know why students think there a 'special case' when it comes to getting into football on the cheap - what about the unemployed and people on low incomes who are probably more deserving cases.

If students have to get a job why don't the unemployed?

If students have to get a job why don't the unemployed?

I would imagine most unemployed people would love to have a job not exactly loads of them going about at the moment. I was just pointing out that I don't know why students think the should be a special case above other people with low incomes.

All in all I wouldn't give students discount. I was better off as a student than I will be for the rest of my life. Too many people studying pointless subjects that don't deserve discount because they are studying Sports science at Forth Valley. Apprenticeships get f**k all money why should they not be let in cheaper? Where do you draw the line.

When I was a student I obviously would have preferred one but I never missed a football game due to a lack of student gate to save £5 or whatever.

I've never understood why people think that the student gate is there as some sort of reward for students. It's there to get more people through the gates. I know, when I was a student, I picked and chose my away games, and student gates played a big part in those decisions.

If that's the case just make all gate prices the same as students? It will encourage more people in.

If that's the case just make all gate prices the same as students? It will encourage more people in.

Unsustainable.

Cowden will get with the times one day. They're the first club I've come across in a long time without a student gate.

Archived