Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

I know a guy who has played with Ian Campbell and it appears that he is signing, he also says that he will do a great job for us wide left (where Rory was playing)

He has played a lot of games at senior level now and is a local lad, if Jimmy thinks he is good enough for the championship next year lets give the boy a chance!!

Yes hes a left back/ left wing back.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a guy who has played with Ian Campbell and it appears that he is signing, he also says that he will do a great job for us wide left (where Rory was playing)

He has played a lot of games at senior level now and is a local lad, if Jimmy thinks he is good enough for the championship next year lets give the boy a chance!!

The lad will be given every chance when he pulls a Cowden shirt on but it seems a strange signing. Maybe, being local, it will help but he wasn't a stand out at Forfar. I hope he does well and everyone else we sign too.

Looks a bit on the chunky side to me , Heard good reports though

He looked terrible in every photo from Ibrox that day but he's a lot more svelte than the image above would suggest. I can only echo what yer man Cowden Till I Die wrote but he should be a good signing for you. Played at that level with reasonable distinction before and should do well with a partner.

I'm pretty sure that Scott Booth wanted to keep him at the club but Higgins couldn't commit to the new training schedule.

Wouldn,t jump the gun just yet on Nat not being signed.With being in the playoff final the players effectively lose two weeks of their holidays so its not surprising that he would be away just now.Kenny would fit in to the left of the back three but it still leaves us looking for a left mid like McKeown.

Are we not trying to sign Rory?

He looked terrible in every photo from Ibrox that day but he's a lot more svelte than the image above would suggest. I can only echo what yer man Cowden Till I Die wrote but he should be a good signing for you. Played at that level with reasonable distinction before and should do well with a partner.

I'm pretty sure that Scott Booth wanted to keep him at the club but Higgins couldn't commit to the new training schedule.

Thanks, Craig. How do you think Stenny will do next season?

Your "Tell Him He's Pele" series is great, by the way. Without doubt some of the finest and most informed football writing in Scotland. The Championship end of season report is right on the money.

Can't afford him I believe

Shame as he really is a good player

While we'll have a huge financial lift next season, the cash will have to fit into the long term plan for the club and be used wisely. One of the best bits of business so far has been getting Deano and Lewis Milne on two-year deals.

A back five of Brett, Brownlie, Armstrong, Adamson and Campbell would be a bit of a worry but I'm certain JN won't be planning to start the season with that. Kenny and Campbell will be the left sided cover. We will definitely bring in at least one more centre half.

Campbell was Forfar's Player of the Year in 2012/3

He's a decent left back with a very good dead ball delivery. However, he has limited pace and a suspect temper. Over all I thought he did well for us in his time but don't think he's Championship level. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Yes hes a left back/ left wing back.

You would imagine Campbell's being looked on as a squad member. We've been woefully short of left-sided players since before Scotty Linton left. Not everyone we can afford to sign will be a world-beater. That said, there isn't any point signing players that won't at least hold there own at Championship level. Jimmy must think the lad can still develop and do a job for us, even if it isn't starting every week.

Hopefully Jimmy's judgement will be sound.

Gutted to see Iain go, as good a left back you'll get at our level. Slight step up should be ok for him. Maybe needs to get himself a bit fitter as thought he was a bit sluggish looking towards the end of the season.

Archived