Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the Chairman said that they were possibly looking at a nucleus of 5 or 6 full time players at the club. I dunno which ones would fit the bill: so to start the ball rolling:

Full timers: Flynn, Brett, Brownlee, Wedderburn, TOB + poss another midfielder or a young striker.

Part timers:. Chopper (has his job with the polis), Milne, Kane, Adamson (squad), Robertson, Miller (Squad).

Signings: Left Back, Left midfielder, Back up Goalie, Central midfielder, 3 x strikers, back up centre back.

I would have thought we would look to sign full time players as opposed to upgrade our part time players to full time. I'd imagine we will offer all these lads an improved part time contract - one that they won't better anywhere.

That's the big problem IMO. One that Donald and JN will no doubt try and bridge. I don't see the value in bringing in over paid full time players this season. Some quality part time additions and a settled side should be enough to keep us in this division once again. If only football was so simple...

We need to get in early and pluck out the quality loan signings.

With the clubs future looking financially sound due to the status of the Championship next season - It would be good if the club could afford to take longer contract risks on good quality players such as for example Brownlie signing a 2 year + deal with the hope of making money by selling him on in the future or adding a future transfer clause in their contracts.

Obviously Cowdenbeath FC could not financially commit to such deals in the past but with the club making good progress maybe they could make these commitments on hot prospect players.

Imagine if we had the finances to tie Hemming's to a 2 year deal and the potential Return on Investment the club would have made.

Something for the club to start considering if they can financially commit to such deals. Look at the money Hamilton made on McCarthur.

Exciting times ahead for us all at Cowden - Looking forward to our next Journey and making more history.

Remember the Chairman said that they were possibly looking at a nucleus of 5 or 6 full time players at the club. I dunno which ones would fit the bill: so to start the ball rolling:

Full timers: Flynn, Brett, Brownlee, Wedderburn, TOB + poss another midfielder or a young striker.

Part timers:. Chopper (has his job with the polis), Milne, Kane, Adamson (squad), Robertson, Miller (Squad).

Signings: Left Back, Left midfielder, Back up Goalie, Central midfielder, 3 x strikers, back up centre back.

Isn't Robbo already full-time?

I think we should be looking to re-sign the core of this season's squad, who will only improve with the experience gained over the last couple of years at Championship level. I think players like TOB, Robbo, Lewis Milne, Deano, etc. will all have taken a lot of confidence from how well they performed over the last few games of this season and the play-offs.

Strikers will be a priority, having lost Greg and Kane looking at his options. In all honesty, they were the difference to staying up over the season and when one or the other was out injured then it usually coincided with a run of poor results. To be honest, there's not that many strikers kicking around the Championship or League 1 that jump out and make you want to sign them. Maybe we can unearth a hidden gem from a Premier team youth squad? I'm sure part of the answer will be to get a good quality loan striker for the season. Perhaps someone from the Premier who would benefit from playing every week (Moore from Motherwell, Shankland from Aberdeen, etc.)

I'm sure the board will be trying to do a deal with Darren Brownlie after he was released by Partick. We could also do with a couple of left-sided players to balance the squad. McKeown was a success but I'm guessing he'll be back in the Kilmarnock first team squad for next season.

Does staying up really allow you to sign up 6 full-time players?

That's not really what's being said. We will have a squad containing 6 full time players. We already have Brett and Milne as full time players - perhaps Robertson as well.

Heard theres a striker almost defo joining us. Dont think it would be too hard to work it out. Was playing with rovers last year...lol

Also an ex cowden man would be interested in re-joining if things were discussed. :P

Archived