Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Brownlie has been released by Thistle so he might sign for Cowden permanently.

Would be happy with that. He's been excellent for us. If we signed him up next season it would almost be on a par with getting Hemmings this season.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took my son to his first football game yesterday. He loved it, he now wants to support Cowdenbeath, get a strip and a season ticket.

I recall my first Cowdenbeath game, getting a doing my Albion Rovers, must have been the mid 80's. Joe Craig IIRC was the manager. Used to stand right in the middle of the main terracing behind some guy who was a Charlton supporter and a few other regulars. Was quite amusing at times. Still went to a good few hundred games after that though. My first time back in a while due to a change in work so think we will both be getting season tickets for the new season. Was going to buy them online today but not on-sale yet.

Fantastic atmosphere yesterday.

The Charlton fan was back up a few seasons ago

Glad ur wee man loved yesterday

What a day / nyt it was

Al must be pushing 50. He's looking good for it though I must say ;)

If we keep that back 3 it's a huge building point. Along with Flynn and Brett it would be brilliant.

Big 40 next year. Hope you're as fit when you get to my age ;-)

Trying to remember which cowden fan went up to jimmy nic at the end of season night to politely point out to him that the tob/chris kane pairing wasnt working and we needed robbo in there instead to give us more football and dominate the games against lower league teams in play offs?

His name evades me but sure hes a tall good looking dude.

I have a feeling dumbarton may not be as good next season just a hunch though.

Maybe, maybe not. But I have a feeling that Cowden will not be as good next season either.

Anyway well done on Sunday, watched the game and you deserved it.

Trying to remember which cowden fan went up to jimmy nic at the end of season night to politely point out to him that the tob/chris kane pairing wasnt working and we needed robbo in there instead to give us more football and dominate the games against lower league teams in play offs?

His name evades me but sure hes a tall good looking dude.

Nelly?

Maybe, maybe not. But I have a feeling that Cowden will not be as good next season either.

Anyway well done on Sunday, watched the game and you deserved it.

To be fair they seem to have most of their players signed up.

Stop Al you're making me feel old remember it cant believe 26 or so years ago. The Pars had Kozma and O'Boyle whom Eric Archibald ensured had to travel back in an ambulance. Sure John Wright scored for ius that night, back to the staging post in Lochgelly after the game .

We gave O'Boyle dogs abuse that night, but he has a sense of humour and when he was carried off on the stretcher he took it lightly and sat up and grinned and waved to us.

Do we find out after the meeting today who will be kept on etc?

Also, do we get any money when KH moves on? Or, does he leave on a free?

Archived