Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

With survival confirmed it's time to look forward. Been mentioned on the other thread that we need a few new faces.

I'd imagine almost all of Sundays bench to be released as they haven't seen any game time so JN clearly doesn't rate them. Sammy Stewart as well I see no need to keep.

Realistically we may let go:

Gold, Usai, Stevenson and Morton. Stewart, Adamson and Miller potentially though Nicholl may wish to keep them as squad players. Pyper and a host of players too old for 19s should also be away. None are good enough for the first team it seems.

Bringing in players is tough. I wouldn't tie much money up on a keeper. We know Flynn is as good as it gets. No matter what he should be number one. If he gets injured look to bring in a loan signing.

Strikers is the big issue. We need three. One loan signing. It's funny but I think we can replace Kane, a young hungry loan striker from the SPL like Moore will be a suitable replacement. The problem for me is Greg. His touch and class can't be found easily and when it is no one will want to let it go.

We need to continue with the same system and not dick about. We need someone to compete with Milne in that role. Kane will provide competition for TOB who in turn will offer cover at the back.

That's before we even consider losing any other players as I assume no one bar Robertson is signed up.

Yesterday was simply fantastic but the hard work starts all over again for the board and management. There's still two other part time teams in this league so no reason why we can't compete.

Finally, I'd bring out a season ticket incentive this week. The Pars game saw over 1000 Cowden fans. We normally get 300 to a home game. Try and drive another 50/100 season tickets out of people who will still be on a high. We need to increase our core support and as difficult as it is it's something we need to do.

Bring on the Jambos!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree Muz. The signings are going to be key.I hope we dont waste a couple of wages on "experienced" players coming to end of their career. We need youngry lads with raw talent. E.g Brownlie. Craig moore is a good shout and with extra dosh could see us land a player like him. I like Lee Erwin of motherwell but think he had a bad injury.

Be interesting to see the cost of the season ticket but the club should try make an offer soon as people will buy now on the high of the game yesterday.

We can compete with dumbarton/alloa/raith and even Livi next season no doubt. Our performances against those teams need to be better. Notably alloa and dumbo.

I have a feeling dumbarton may not be as good next season just a hunch though.

With survival confirmed it's time to look forward. Been mentioned on the other thread that we need a few new faces.

I'd imagine almost all of Sundays bench to be released as they haven't seen any game time so JN clearly doesn't rate them. Sammy Stewart as well I see no need to keep.

Realistically we may let go:

Gold, Usai, Stevenson and Morton. Stewart, Adamson and Miller potentially though Nicholl may wish to keep them as squad players. Pyper and a host of players too old for 19s should also be away. None are good enough for the first team it seems.

Bringing in players is tough. I wouldn't tie much money up on a keeper. We know Flynn is as good as it gets. No matter what he should be number one. If he gets injured look to bring in a loan signing.

Strikers is the big issue. We need three. One loan signing. It's funny but I think we can replace Kane, a young hungry loan striker from the SPL like Moore will be a suitable replacement. The problem for me is Greg. His touch and class can't be found easily and when it is no one will want to let it go.

We need to continue with the same system and not dick about. We need someone to compete with Milne in that role. Kane will provide competition for TOB who in turn will offer cover at the back.

That's before we even consider losing any other players as I assume no one bar Robertson is signed up.

Yesterday was simply fantastic but the hard work starts all over again for the board and management. There's still two other part time teams in this league so no reason why we can't compete.

Finally, I'd bring out a season ticket incentive this week. The Pars game saw over 1000 Cowden fans. We normally get 300 to a home game. Try and drive another 50/100 season tickets out of people who will still be on a high. We need to increase our core support and as difficult as it is it's something we need to do.

Bring on the Jambos!

Lost interest at 'With'

Agree Muz. The signings are going to be key.I hope we dont waste a couple of wages on "experienced" players coming to end of their career. We need youngry lads with raw talent. E.g Brownlie. Craig moore is a good shout and with extra dosh could see us land a player like him. I like Lee Erwin of motherwell but think he had a bad injury.

Be interesting to see the cost of the season ticket but the club should try make an offer soon as people will buy now on the high of the game yesterday.

We can compete with dumbarton/alloa/raith and even Livi next season no doubt. Our performances against those teams need to be better. Notably alloa and dumbo.Jamie Stevenson was our only player yesterday who wasn,t a product of our youth system or has been playing since they were kids.Nat also but he is only 23.Experience yes but end of career pros please no.

I have a feeling dumbarton may not be as good next season just a hunch though.

Well played on delaying the inevitable, you will be punted next season though, back to where you belong. Diddy land.

Perhaps you should have another bet on it, just to prove you are not masking your painstaking obsession with them.

Well played on delaying the inevitable, you will be punted next season though, back to where you belong. Diddy land.

Ahhh wondered when that response was going to come along.GOOOD ONE....

People talk about winning titles . No one talks about winning play offs

They sometimes can be as valuable as winning the title

Jimmy Nic has done a great job

Well done to all at the club

Step forward Bob McHugh. Surely already a Cowden legend. Without his late late goal you wouldn`t have been in the play-offs and would have missed out on yesterday`s rout of the Pars/

Just a word about Jimmy. He has been magnificent and apart from a 4 game spell when he completely baffled me this man has been superb. Some players have really stepped up to the mark as well. We need to keep confidence in some of them bcoz next season is going to be tough and we are going to have some right poor games and results but also hopefully some memorable wins.

A word about the fans as well. Each an everyone who goes to the games, contributed to the 100 club, put money into the managment fund, help out every week in and around Central Park, are on the board, put their own money into the running of the club, I could go on! :thumsup2

The players and management have come good for us in the end but it's been a season where the fans have really stuck together (not difficult as there's about 12 of us) and done their bit. From Davie and Andy with the outstanding programme to Jimmy and WIllie with the rigged 50/50. Guys who go down to CP on match days to help like Stevie and John - amongst others - fans on the board like Tam and Davie. There's loads of other as well.

Finally all the guys who turn up every week in the pishing rain to watch us get humped ;) Even the boy with the dog must have enjoyed Sunday! From the old boys to the young team! The moaning faced git (myself) to the eternal optimists!

To all you c***s :wub:

Took my son to his first football game yesterday. He loved it, he now wants to support Cowdenbeath, get a strip and a season ticket.

I recall my first Cowdenbeath game, getting a doing my Albion Rovers, must have been the mid 80's. Joe Craig IIRC was the manager. Used to stand right in the middle of the main terracing behind some guy who was a Charlton supporter and a few other regulars. Was quite amusing at times. Still went to a good few hundred games after that though. My first time back in a while due to a change in work so think we will both be getting season tickets for the new season. Was going to buy them online today but not on-sale yet.

Fantastic atmosphere yesterday.

Took my son to his first football game yesterday. He loved it, he now wants to support Cowdenbeath, get a strip and a season ticket.

I recall my first Cowdenbeath game, getting a doing my Albion Rovers, must have been the mid 80's. Joe Craig IIRC was the manager. Used to stand right in the middle of the main terracing behind some guy who was a Charlton supporter and a few other regulars. Was quite amusing at times. Still went to a good few hundred games after that though. My first time back in a while due to a change in work so think we will both be getting season tickets for the new season. Was going to buy them online today but not on-sale yet.

Fantastic atmosphere yesterday.

Good stuff mate. Welcome back we are all brothers. And what a first game for the laddie. He will be well hooked.

My first game away from central was late 80s against the townies at starks park in the cup. A sellout and tremendous atmosphere got me hooked. We lost 2-1 but it reminded me of yesterday abit.

Good stuff mate. Welcome back we are all brothers. And what a first game for the laddie. He will be well hooked.

My first game away from central was late 80s against the townies at starks park in the cup. A sellout and tremendous atmosphere got me hooked. We lost 2-1 but it reminded me of yesterday abit.

Stop Al you're making me feel old remember it cant believe 26 or so years ago. The Pars had Kozma and O'Boyle whom Eric Archibald ensured had to travel back in an ambulance. Sure John Wright scored for ius that night, back to the staging post in Lochgelly after the game .

Archived