Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Raith played Hibs I didn't buy the hype of how rotten they were. It turns out they really are that bad. If Accies get in about them they will certainly beat them.

The hibs defence in awful and their strikers can't hit a barn door. Relegation combination that.

Accies have a fantastic chance here which I think they'll take. Hibs were exceptionally poor when we played them at Easter Road earlier this season. They lacked any creativity and seem to be a million miles away from where they were even then. Prior to that game, they'd been getting a bit of flak but I think we destroyed any belief in both their team and Butcher's ability to turn things around.

Accies on the other hand have looked a suitably impressive footballing side. In our first meeting, I wasn't too impressed with their cynial tactics (Alex Neil in particular, who has been the Championship's own Jim Goodwin). However, the second time I saw them they were 4-0 up at half time and tore us apart. Andreu in particular was different class. I genuinely think if they keep themselves tight at the back, then Hibs will probably aid them with their ability to self-destruct at any given time.

This is Hamilton, as in the Hamilton who couldn't win a league with Dundee in it and who where humped fae Dumbarton a few weeks ago and not Athletico Madrid just for clarification?

That's the same Hamilton but this is Hibs, as in Hibs who have one win in 20 games since the start of 2014. That one win was against a dreadful Ross County side, at Easter Road.

An in-form team full of hungry players with natural goalscorers up front with literally nothing to lose other than to fucking go for it...

Versus a team of low in confidence, disjointed premadonnas.

:lol:

I didn't think Hibs would be as bad as everyone made out until we played them. We went 2 up in 15 minutes got a man sent off after 25 and strolled it.

We aren't exactly a solid outfit.

I was commenting at the time that it was one of the worst ever performances I had witnessed from a team at the new ground - a team from any division. After we went down to 10 men, my only anxiety was that we'd throw our lead away (possibly by having 8 players sent off), as opposed to any hint of danger from Hibs. They were utterly devoid of creativity and dig in every area of the pitch. It was a pitiful display.

Accies have a fantastic chance here which I think they'll take. Hibs were exceptionally poor when we played them at Easter Road earlier this season. They lacked any creativity and seem to be a million miles away from where they were even then. Prior to that game, they'd been getting a bit of flak but I think we destroyed any belief in both their team and Butcher's ability to turn things around.

Accies on the other hand have looked a suitably impressive footballing side. In our first meeting, I wasn't too impressed with their cynial tactics (Alex Neil in particular, who has been the Championship's own Jim Goodwin). However, the second time I saw them they were 4-0 up at half time and tore us apart. Andreu in particular was different class. I genuinely think if they keep themselves tight at the back, then Hibs will probably aid them with their ability to self-destruct at any given time.

The league below's equivalent of Goodwin?

i7jGfDN.gif

How much does the South stand hold at Easter Road? Our OS says we have 1900 available tickets in the upper & lower tiers. Surely it must hold about double that?

I dont like the fact that we have both tiers. If we're only getting a fraction of the stand then wouldn't it make sense for the club to request that we're all in the one tier so we're all together and we can make an atmosphere easier?

Archived