Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

I still can't believe we don't have a better Rb on the books than Maybury, no wonder we are fucked.

Nothing against the guy at all, he was never supposed to play much this season and was meant to be focusing on his coaching role. He's been hung out to dry here and we're suffering from it.

Mullen and Clancy left with no one coming in, some great planning there :lol:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon we'll need to get a positive result from Wednesday's game to take to Easter Road to defend to have a real chance of progressing. I'd imagine there will be a few tired legs in our ranks going into the 2nd leg and however bad Hibs have been this season there is still a considerable gap in quality between the bottom half of the Premiership and the top end of the Championship, so this will be closer game than a lot of people think.

Forster is better than him. Was the boy from Arsenal not signed as cover but is in fact just shite?

I don't actually mind Forster at RB but Butcher likes him a CB. The boy from Arsenal is a CB but tbh I've not see much of him to judge, got to think he must be shite though if he can't get a game over Nelson?

From recent stats, Hamilton have scored 17 in their last 6 games, Hibs have scored 3 in the last 9, and I know this is skewed by the Morton score, but that's a 9:1 ratio in Hamilton's favour. If nothing esle it shows they put away a far higher proportion of their chances than Hibs. In the simplest of worlds, the odds look to be well in Hamilton's favour, if they put out a team with a bit of steel in the defence.

I'd actually have a look at playing McGivern in an advanced position in midfield for this. He's better going forward than he is defending, and could be the provider Collins has been needing all season.

Never ever going to happen though.

My team would be

Williams

Maybury McPake Forster Stevenson

Harris Robertson Thomson McGivern

Stanton

Heffernan

What I reckon Butcher will play is;

Williams

Maybury Forster Nelson McGivern

Robertson Thomson

Harris Stanton Craig

Collins

Fingers,toes,legs ect crossed.

I know you are taking the piss but our defence has been shit months and stuck in a rut. Maybe throwing McPake in could give them a lift, it can't really get much worse than it has been.

That's my reasoning for it. McPake played a big part when he first came in under Fenlon and don't forget the majority of the Hibs support begged for him to be signed on a permanent basis.

His injuries have taken their toll but it would be a nice send of for him if he could play a part in keeping us up.

Hibs have to get a result at Hamilton because I don't think either they or their support will be confident about turning things round at Easter Road.

I'm in the minority because I don't think they're actually that bad a team and player for player are certainly superior to the opposition but I've never known a team so fragile and lacking in confidence.

I fancy Hibs to turn it round but if they don't can we have Stanton?

Went down to Easter Road this morning to get my ticket for the first leg.

I don't know all that much about Hamilton this season, except for the fact they seem to score a lot of goals. Not sure how much of an effect fatigue will play in this one. I read that Hibs were down at Spartans today to train, so hopefully the artificial pitch won't come as a total surprise although it should give Accies an advantage. Hoping Hibs can sneak a win or get a score draw. (I realise away goals don't count, but just to actually score a goal might give the team some confidence.) If they lose by a couple, it's going to be awful on Sunday.

From memory, McGivern has provided crosses leading to the last two goals Hibs have scored, but I just see him as too much of a liability at the moment, at least with Stevenson you get full commitment. Thomson back in the middle would be a boost, as he seems Hibs best of trying to control the midfield and dictate play. Both Watmore and Harris seem more effective coming and with Hamilton having played twice and going into a third game in 8 days, I'd hope them coming off the bench with 20/30 minutes to go would allow them a bit more space to try exploit.

:lol:

Good luck to the Accies.

Hibs are a total joke of a club inside and out.

Completely outplayed by us for over 100 years. Outplayed by kids.

An absolute joke.

Hoping it's as good a tie as Accies v Falkirk and Falkirk v QoS before it - four hammer and tongs games with maximum commitment and no little skill into the bargain.

I'll be delighted if we prevail, because I believe our players deserve it, but if it's not to be I shan't be too disappointed as it's been a great season with cracking climax.

Also, if we do go up, it means a minimum four visits to Dundee and all the ugliness that entails so every cloud etc

Expect Hibs to do it.

But then I expected them to push top 6 when Butcher took over.

And I expected them to get the one win they were looking for to get safe.

And I expected them to beat Killie on the last day.

Maybe I expect too much?

Happy anniversary by the way Hibees :D xx

Hoping it's as good a tie as Accies v Falkirk and Falkirk v QoS before it - four hammer and tongs games with maximum commitment and no little skill into the bargain.

I'll be delighted if we prevail, because I believe our players deserve it, but if it's not to be I shan't be too disappointed as it's been a great season with cracking climax.

Also, if we do go up, it means a minimum four visits to Dundee and all the ugliness that entails so every cloud etc

8 what about united?

Archived