Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a footnote to this season, hopefully it marks the definitive end of over-spending in Scottish football.

It's great to see clubs coming out of debt and no longer chasing the big bucks; as a result we've had one of the most competitive seasons in recent history, and we're back to having top flight teams fielding mostly Scottish players, which can only be good for our national team as well as the spirit and competition of our league football.

The SPL, OF and Sky were the real Armageddon.

As a footnote to this season, hopefully it marks the definitive end of over-spending in Scottish football.

It's great to see clubs coming out of debt and no longer chasing the big bucks; as a result we've had one of the most competitive seasons in recent history, and we're back to having top flight teams fielding mostly Scottish players, which can only be good for our national team as well as the spirit and competition of our league football.

The SPL, OF and Sky were the real Armageddon.

I definitely agree, although it has been a bad season as a Hearts fan (well, till now ;) ) I can see it's been tremendous for everyone else. The playoff have been a great idea and the league has been fab this year.

Can't believe I finally got to the end of this thread :) Looking forward to next season, the Championship will be an exciting one next year I think. Hopefully we can all keep Sevco down, if they don't put themselves down first.

It did indeed.

Although the 5 months at Pittodrie must've been brutal?

well, our highest attendance will remain at pittodrie as its more than our current capacity and yeah, to be forced to increase you stadium size to a maximum of 6k and know you wont fill that most weeks wasn't exactly welcome but we stuck out and are still there (with a minor hiccup when a certain mr butcher was in charge and we went down)

The playoff have been a great idea

Indeed, but (with no personal dislike towards Hibs) it's most pleasing to see the SPL side in the playoffs get relegated when the setup is different from Leagues 1 & 2 to give them an advantage in true Self Preservation League style.

What an incredible bottle job though. Tragic through 2014, crumbled in the 'Hearts relegation party', screwed up further right at the end of the league and f***ed the playoffs up at home going in with a two goal advantage, typically in injury time.

Finally, to any Hibs fans reading this that just booed their team at the half, full and half of ET times when their team needed the backing of the home 'supporters' the most - you totally deserve this. :D

No complaints, deservedly down. The second half of the season has been an utter shambles and couldn't have gone much worse so congrats to the accies.

Gutted to say the least and won't every forgive that group of players but now after sleeping on it I'm looking forward to this chance of rebuilding and the journey that this will be. We'll come back stronger.

GGTTH

Indeed, but (with no personal dislike towards Hibs) it's most pleasing to see the SPL side in the playoffs get relegated when the setup is different from Leagues 1 & 2 to give them an advantage in true Self Preservation League style.

Hibs & Hamilton both played 40 League & Playoff games. It is the 3rd & 4th places clubs its weighted against.

Does league 1 & 2 not give advantage to the 11th placed club?

Well done to Hamilton, especially pleased to see Daz Mackinnon making the most of his move from the Bankies. Surprised to hear he only picked up the 16 bookings last season mind you....

I've no idea if this has been asked already, due to not trawling through the 80 pages; but when was the last time, if ever at all, the Edinburgh derby was played outside the top flight?

Also, well done Hamilton. Brilliant stuff. Pangs of jealousy, but overall, well done!

Having just watched the Sportscene highlights, I can excusively reveal that Hibs are the worst, most tactically inept, hapless collection of "footballers" to ever grace the Scottish top flight.

That is all.

I've no idea if this has been asked already, due to not trawling through the 80 pages; but when was the last time, if ever at all, the Edinburgh derby was played outside the top flight?

Also, well done Hamilton. Brilliant stuff. Pangs of jealousy, but overall, well done!

It's the first time ever there will be no Edinburgh clubs in the top flight.

I guess Edinburgh is not a footballing city*

*copyright all newspapers when they talk about Perth, where the Scottish cup is currently residing.

Still can't believe that yesterday.

My jaw dropped to the floor when Accies scored their second goal :lol:

I thought Motherwell scoring a last minute winner at Pittodrie a couple of weeks ago was a sore one but I can't even imagine how Hibs fans must've felt after that second goal.

And then the subsequent penalties, grim stuff.

Never thought Hibs would actually go down, especially after the first leg.

Good luck next season lads, hope you batter Sevco.

Not even going to read this as I can already guess what's been said 'accies have no fans how can they be in the big league'.

Luckily attendance isn't a criteria for promotion :)

WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE HAMILTON.

What a game, what a atmosphere, what a season.

Can you imagine if it had been Dundee doing that to Hibs yesterday instead of Hamilton?

Pie and Bovril would've melted off the internet.

Archived