Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Honestly thought we'd come so close to glorious failure; all the plaudits but nothing to show for it.

Unbelievable character from the team.

Aye.

I thought Accies had bottled it on Wednesday, so that makes the turnaround all the more impressive.

Well done Hamilton,

This must be the worst season we've ever had, so many disappointments , Butcher has achieved something Calderwood or Fenlon didn't , we have gone down, at this rate we could be down for a good few years as well, god knows if Butcher is the man for the job or not, a lot of the blame being aimed at Petrie, to be fair he got the manager we all wanted in place, invested in players, the infrastructure at the club is sound so yes he can take blame but only a certain amount, just still can't quite believe we have ended up in this situation to be honest, oh well ....roll on the Championship.

Am I the only one who thinks Hearts will win the league and it will be Hibs and the other cheek in the play offs which will then hopefully be won by Falkirk who will beat the second cheek in the final.

to be honest yes I think you are the only one.

Well done Hamilton,

This must be the worst season we've ever had, so many disappointments , Butcher has achieved something Calderwood or Fenlon didn't , we have gone down, at this rate we could be down for a good few years as well, god knows if Butcher is the man for the job or not, a lot of the blame being aimed at Petrie, to be fair he got the manager we all wanted in place, invested in players, the infrastructure at the club is sound so yes he can take blame but only a certain amount, just still can't quite believe we have ended up in this situation to be honest, oh well ....roll on the Championship.

You will come back stronger for it mate its only a matter of time.

I am a veteran of seeing my teams getting relegated (well into double figures now), but with Sunderland in particular, there is an inevitability about a return once we hit the second tier. I think in our last 6 attempts at that level the lowest we have finished was 3rd out of 24, and we have won the title 4 times in that period. Clubs that size don't stay down forever and Hibs will be the same.

Time to have clear out and get the fans and the players bonded again and come back stronger.

Am I the only one who thinks Hearts will win the league and it will be Hibs and the other cheek in the play offs which will then hopefully be won by Falkirk who will beat the second cheek in the final.

The arse cheek won't see the playoffs. Cnuts will have been liquidated - shame for such a fledgling club to go the same way as its' previous incarnation.

Hearts

Hibs

Falkirk

There's my 1-2-3 in Irn Bru Fizzy Pop Division 1. Feck' knows who will win the Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup.

You will come back stronger for it mate its only a matter of time.

I am a veteran of seeing my teams getting relegated (well into double figures now), but with Sunderland in particular, there is an inevitability about a return once we hit the second tier. I think in our last 6 attempts at that level the lowest we have finished was 3rd out of 24, and we have won the title 4 times in that period. Clubs that size don't stay down forever and Hibs will be the same.

Time to have clear out and get the fans and the players bonded again and come back stronger.

i'd love to have your optimism ;) certainly the last time we were in the second tier was a superb time for Hibees , great football, big crowds and a title , some of the best memories I've had as a Hibs fan ,great buzz around the place too but this will be a different ball game I fear, can't see it being a bounce back job unless Butcher makes some dramatic changes, we'll be back yeah you're riight but i have no idea when.

The arse cheek won't see the playoffs. Cnuts will have been liquidated - shame for such a fledgling club to go the same way as its' previous incarnation.

Hearts

Hibs

Falkirk

There's my 1-2-3 in Irn Bru Fizzy Pop Division 1. Feck' knows who will win the Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup.

If that happens what will happen to the new club that was formerly the club that was formerly The Rangers? Put them in the Lowland league and let them work their way up via the newly introduced promotion and relegation system with the Highland/Lowland league?

Rangers mark III via Gala Fairydean would be something to be old

Jokes aside, what a day for Hamilton. Very much against the odds they went to Easter Road and rose to the occasion, and then some. They were fucking brilliant to watch.

This season, Rangers and Celtic have miserable campaigns.

Aberdeen lift their first trophy in nearly 20 years.

Raith Rovers defeat evil and lift the Challenge Cup.

St Johnstone win their first ever major trophy in 130 years.

And now this. What a season it has been for us diddies.

Jokes aside, what a day for Hamilton. Very much against the odds they went to Easter Road and rose to the occasion, and then some. They were fucking brilliant to watch.

This season, Rangers and Celtic have miserable campaigns.

Aberdeen lift their first trophy in nearly 20 years.

Raith Rovers defeat evil and lift the Challenge Cup.

St Johnstone win their first ever major trophy in 130 years.

And now this. What a season it has been for us diddies.

Don't forget us - we're coming up too! :P

i'd love to have your optimism ;) certainly the last time we were in the second tier was a superb time for Hibees , great football, big crowds and a title , some of the best memories I've had as a Hibs fan ,great buzz around the place too but this will be a different ball game I fear, can't see it being a bounce back job unless Butcher makes some dramatic changes, we'll be back yeah you're riight but i have no idea when.

Probably after Hearts and the other cheek go up.

Lets be honest Hearts were actually better than your lot this season and effectively went down due to the 15 point deduction. I take no pleasure in posting that as I personally prefer Hibs, but the facts remain and they are better placed for a return than your lot. They also have the advantage that they knew they were going down at Christmas and could mentally (and physically) prepare for it. You have about 5 weeks to pull yourselves together before pre season. I don't fancy your chances next season but you never know with football.

There are only 10 teams in the league and you get to the play offs with 4th and by then the wounds might be healed. Anything could happen.

Archived