Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can all agree to play the champions league theme at the beginning of both matches in the tie.

Better than playing frickin' Amarillo like that dipsh!t PA guy did before kick-off today!

Does the SPFL help to Hibs end now or are their still some twists to come?

Maybe a dodgy ref or new rule that States Hamilton must play wi 9 men.

Does the SPFL help to Hibs end now or are their still some twists to come?

Maybe a dodgy ref or new rule that States Hamilton must play wi 9 men.

drunk_at_computer.jpg

Losing Hibs and gaining Hamilton would be dreadful.

Sadly I just can't see Hibs winning this though.

Agree with your sentiment. Nothing against Accies who I've a lot of time for, but Hibs are a far better crowd puller and away day.

I think Hibs will sneak it by the odd goal.

Will Hibs allow this to be shown on TV?

Did Hibs prevent their game against Kilmarnock from being on TV? I saw that an 'undecided' SPFL match was due to be shown on BT Sport, but when I switched over it wasn't on. Someone on facebook claimed it was because HIbs decided not to let them show it, but I thought he was taking the piss.

Petrie wasn't getting any more money for it and Hibs had already provided their obligated number of games. BT were chancing their arm by asking for an "extra" Hibs game for free as part of the TV deal, while Hibs were trying to ensure they had as many people at the game as possible.

Fair play to Petrie for that, in the grand scheme of things, scottish clubs get little in the way of TV money and real fans have to adjust their schedule all the time for silly kick off times. So trying to get an extra game, a big one at that for nothing its good to see someone to tell them to GTF.

As much as I would like to watch this game we have to look at the bigger picture and it means we will have an extra bargaining chip at the next tv deal negotiation.

Petrie wasn't getting any more money for it and Hibs had already provided their obligated number of games. BT were chancing their arm by asking for an "extra" Hibs game for free as part of the TV deal, while Hibs were trying to ensure they had as many people at the game as possible.

Rather than showing the game to a UK-wide audience, Hibs decided to charge a tenner to view it on their own Internet service.

I guess it made them a few bob, but to the detriment of potential exposure of an important Scottish game to a wider audience.

The Hibs twitter is an excellent judge of character.

Or 140 characters...

Anyway, my issue with Hibs going down is this media obsession, fuelled by Hearts and Sevco fans, that the "Championship will be the better league next season". Now thankfully Dunfermline have already fucked up part of that plan (yes, they were cited as being one of the big clubs for some weird reason). If Hibs somehow get through these games, then all that's left of their dream are Hearts and Sevco.

Archived