Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Likely utter garbage, but rumour elsewhere about this out of contract Czech ogre being The Messiah at centre back... :wub:

1411460-img-sport-fotbal-slavia-sparta-l

wank.gif

A 6'4", 83kg beast the likes of which some of us have been hankering for for a few years.

Interesting. Who is it? Does the star mean he is a Champions League winner....?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. Who is it? Does the star mean he is a Champions League winner....?

I think the star means he's 'Famous'.

Martin Latka. Like I said, rumour is probably utter pish, but worth posting to get the juices flowing.

In 2009 we signed an absolute beast of a man in Slovakian internationalist Maros Klimpl.

The only problem was that he was shite.

Not that I want to dampen your hopes or that.

In 2009 we signed an absolute beast of a man in Slovakian internationalist Maros Klimpl.

The only problem was that he was shite.

Not that I want to dampen your hopes or that.

5'11", have only heard of one of the teams he's played for, and he was no doubt surrounded by shite. Our beast would be the perfect compliment to the layers of silk throughout the Dundee United team.

But the rumour is likely shite anyhow.

5'11", have only heard of one of the teams he's played for, and he was no doubt surrounded by shite. Our beast would be the perfect compliment to the layers of silk throughout the Dundee United team.

But the rumour is likely shite anyhow.

My exaggerating inches appears to have caught up with me.

Tbf, that is quite an obscure name for a rumour. There's either some truth in it or someone's been playing too much Football Manager.

We have plenty of guys heading for the exits, so should have some funds to spend, and personally I would concentrate the funds on two players. A striker and a centre back.

The centre back is a given. Somebody in the Lee Wilkie/Andy Webster mould would be feckin fantastic.

A striker is really needed to so we don't have to rely on fuds like Graham and Farid.

Midfield is a problem for me too (albeit I'm fighting a losing battle with this opinion), as the number of times this season Paton and Rankin have been unable to dominate the midfield (especially against top 6 teams) has been inhibiting our play. I fought Gomis' case all season, and when he finally got a couple of games, what he clearly offered was obvious as day against Celtic. Pass and move and pressuring of the opposition, rather than our usual slow deliberate play.

So, out I would release or beg others to take....

Gunning

Millar

Gardyne

El Alagui

Graham

Erskine

Oyenuga

Butcher (if able to get Good for season)

In....

Striker (Boyd)

Defender (Dunno)

Gomis (new contract)

We don't need anyone else. Plenty of good kids coming through!

We have plenty of guys heading for the exits, so should have some funds to spend, and personally I would concentrate the funds on two players. A striker and a centre back.

The centre back is a given. Somebody in the Lee Wilkie/Andy Webster mould would be feckin fantastic.

A striker is really needed to so we don't have to rely on fuds like Graham and Farid.

Midfield is a problem for me too (albeit I'm fighting a losing battle with this opinion), as the number of times this season Paton and Rankin have been unable to dominate the midfield (especially against top 6 teams) has been inhibiting our play. I fought Gomis' case all season, and when he finally got a couple of games, what he clearly offered was obvious as day against Celtic. Pass and move and pressuring of the opposition, rather than our usual slow deliberate play.

So, out I would release or beg others to take....

Gunning

Millar

Gardyne

El Alagui

Graham

Erskine

Oyenuga

Butcher (if able to get Good for season)

In....

Striker (Boyd)

Defender (Dunno)

Gomis (new contract)

We don't need anyone else. Plenty of good kids coming through!

I didn't see the Celtic game but apparently Gomis was good. On the handful of occasions I have seen him he has been pish.

Hopefully he goes and you don't find something equally tedious to post about for the coming season.

We need another striker, and two central defenders (Good on loan and an experienced guy along side himwould be good).

I didn't see the Celtic game but apparently Gomis was good. On the handful of occasions I have seen him he has been pish.

Hopefully he goes and you don't find something equally tedious to post about for the coming season.

We need another striker, and two central defenders (Good on loan and an experienced guy along side himwould be good).

Nope. I know you and many others think Rankin and Paton are a midfield pairing to dream about, but not me!

Darren Petrie will hopefully get game time next year, as well as Telfer so you might not see the combinations every week.

At first I wanted Boyd, but won't his wage demands be massive? I'd rather work on the defence first, as scoring goals isn't that much of a problem. Plus, I've said it before but I want us to bring in a pacey as f**k forward to give us another option for playing through balls and turning defenders backs and what have you. Lyle Taylor looks very quick and he's a decent finisher.

Darren Petrie will hopefully get game time next year, as well as Telfer so you might not see the combinations every week.

At first I wanted Boyd, but won't his wage demands be massive? I'd rather work on the defence first, as scoring goals isn't that much of a problem. Plus, I've said it before but I want us to bring in a pacey as f**k forward to give us another option for playing through balls and turning defenders backs and what have you. Lyle Taylor looks very quick and he's a decent finisher.

Lyle Taylor I wanted as a replacement for Daly. Has done well for Partick and looks a huge improvement on Graham, but Boyd (much as I hate the boy) has done brilliantly this season and McNamara wanted him this year - worth the money, especially if we slim down the squad players we don't need!

Heard you guys are interested in Callum Morris.

He is a big physical centre half who is good on the ball. That's where the good stuff ends, made a blunder almost every game at league one level but somehow he has been voted into the team of the year this season and last when we were in the Championship alongside Thistle so their could be some truth in it.

Would like to see him play in the SPL for teh lolz.

Report in today's Courier that McNamara wants Curtis Good on loan again. Excellent news but we still need another CD IMO.

Would be awesome. However, read elsewhere that he might be surplus to requirements at St Cashleys Park, which would mean a proper transfer presumably not to us.

Him and Latka though, would be like the second coming of Wilkie and Dods.

Report in today's Courier that McNamara wants Curtis Good on loan again. Excellent news but we still need another CD IMO.

Agreed. Getting Good in is a good excuse to punt Butcher out the door, but we still need an experience head in there!

Scott Allan is available for nowt, and was at the Cup Final. Worth a punt?

I'd say so, especially if we're liable to lose one of Armstrong/GMS.

Would be awesome. However, read elsewhere that he might be surplus to requirements at St Cashleys Park, which would mean a proper transfer presumably not to us.

Really? I thought the word was that Good was rated quite highly by Newcastle. He's on a long contract there as well I think so it'd probably cost a fair bit to get him out of it and you can't imagine that even down south with the money that gets flung around that many clubs will be prepared to stump up the money for someone so young. I'd be happy to have Good back again on loan but would hope we also try to sign an experienced centre-back as well.

It's easy to forget given that he's had a reasonably good end to the season that Dillon hasn't been playing for the majority of the season for a reason and relying on Good and Souttar together a lot throughout next season doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Scott Allan is available for nowt, and was at the Cup Final. Worth a punt?

I'd say so, especially if we're liable to lose one of Armstrong/GMS.

Scott Allan's a tricky one, he was undoubtedly talented with a lot of potential and while Houston apparently behaving like a total bell-end was big reason for his departure, since then reports of his attitude problems have followed to whichever club he's gone to on loan. We've got the likes of Connolly, Smith, Petrie and Fraser coming through and they can play in the midfield roles that Allan would suit. Plus if the rumours are true then we also could have the Sevco youngster Telfer coming in too. In all honesty I'd rather just focus on them rather than take a chance on Allan again.

That said, at the Q&A a couple of months back somebody brought up Scott Allan and Stevie Campbell spoke for a couple of minutes about him and stressed just how disappointed he was that the situation with Allan turned out the way it did and that he was sad at the way his career has gone since leaving. If he thinks Allan might still be a big assest for United then he could easily have a word with McNamara to try and convince him of the merits of bringing him back again.

Archived