Dundee United 2014/15 Season

No offence but no one gives a flying f**k about Celtic or their youths here and if they do, they need their heads seen too.

Celtic & youths together in one sentence now thats harsh :D

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GMS & Armstrong in before the window closes hopefully. Reckon armstrong would walk to celtic park but we should have went for robertson before he went down south

Ooooft "went", really?

Anyway, Stuart's quite an intelligent chap so I think that's unlikely.

Edit: I'll kill you skinny! :angry:

My celtic supporting pal is saying 1.2m plus fisher to go on loan for rest of season.

I'm guessing it's bollox

It better be former grandmaster and genuine paranoid fruitcake the late Bobby Fischer although your spelling has made me doubt that it will be.

If Celtic's interest in Armstrong is genuine I wonder what sort of derisory bid they will make?

To be fair to Celtic, in the past decade or so didn't they at least give us decent money for players? They gave us 1 million for Robson who was in his late twenties and chucked in Jim O'Brien on loan until the end of the season. They offered a reasonable amount for Wilson as well didn't they?

It was always Rangers who used to take the piss with offers for players, particularly with Goodwillie in 2011.

ETA: Cue a bid of 500k and a loan of Pukki for a month now.

Who the f**k is Fisher? I'll say it again Armstrong is the best player we have produced in 20 years.He will have much higher ambitions than playing in front of an empty stadium most weeks and playing Dukla Prague and Tromso through the week.

Having said that he was in Tesco on Saturday with no socks on. Celtic type behaviour imo.

To be fair to Celtic, in the past decade or so didn't they at least give us decent money for players? They gave us 1 million for Robson who was in his late twenties and chucked in Jim O'Brien on loan until the end of the season. They offered a reasonable amount for Wilson as well didn't they?

It was always Rangers who used to take the piss with offers for players, particularly with Goodwillie in 2011.

ETA: Cue a bid of 500k and a loan of Pukki for a month now.

Depends on what you consider to be decent money. Robson had three years left on his contract and was absolutely on fire when he left United for Celtic. O'Brien was awful. Wilson had a £500k release clause in his contract (from which he himself took a healthy cut). None of this is the fault of Celtic but I wouldn't agree that the deals were particularly good value for United.

Who the f**k is Fisher? I'll say it again Armstrong is the best player we have produced in 20 years.He will have much higher ambitions than playing in front of an empty stadium most weeks and playing Dukla Prague and Tromso through the week.

Having said that he was in Tesco on Saturday with no socks on. Celtic type behaviour imo.

Nah.

Depends on what you consider to be decent money. Robson had three years left on his contract and was absolutely on fire when he left United for Celtic. O'Brien was awful. Wilson had a £500k release clause in his contract (from which he himself took a healthy cut). None of this is the fault of Celtic but I wouldn't agree that the deals were particularly good value for United.

Fair enough, I didn't realise that Robson had that much time left to go on his contract. Looking back on now we probably could have got a bit more, especially as you say given how he'd been playing for us in the 12 months leading up to his transfer. O'Brien was indeed awful. The only fond memory I have of O'Brien at Tannadice is in the 09/10 season when Dixon got himself sent off for karate kicking him in the chest. :lol:

Archived