Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to next year even after yesterday. Sort the defence and second is very do-able. After all, we did score the most goals other than Celtic this season. Ninety in all competitions was it?

One clean sheet since December 21st is what done us in. Jackie also needs to start training set pieces. Both defensively and offensively. We must have had about five or six corners that done f**k all before they score from their second on half time.

It's his leg? Huh, I thought it was on his upper arm. I'm not a fan of tattoos in general but I just presumed he got it on his arm so it would be easier to show off or something. Ah well, either way he's an idiot.

dont see why not if the sheep shaggers get promoted Russell who was in same boat as GMS has gone for roughly that amount so why not?

When Russell left we had commitments to the bank so why wouldnt thompson not try to get a decent fee from a club like Festa or an ambitious championship club?

Russell went for £750,000 and that is a good indication to how much any young Scottish prospect might go for, so with GMS only having a year left on his contract we would probably get between £500,000 - £750,000 if he was sold this summer.

Robertson and Armstrong would have much higher market values I think, still not the amount that some fans think we would get but both would go for over a million.

If you can get what you got for Goodwillie, then Armstrong is worth more. A fine talent.

Looking forward to next season. I'd expect top 6, but would harbour hopes of pushing for 2nd/3rd, particularly if we sort our defence out. Maybe a good run in the cups too, if I'm being picky.

I also hope we can do a lot better next year when it comes to set-pieces. Always fear whenever the other team has a corner, free-kick or hell, even a throw-in just because of how bad we are at defending them. At the other end, I never expect any of our set-pieces to come to anything because our free kicks are mainly, pass it to the side, get closed down, lose the ball; our corners either never make it past the first man or make it past everyone, and our throws go straight to the opposition, if we don't take them quickly.

Think GMS is probably gone if anyone comes in with a decent offer (500k+) what with it being the last year of his contract. Probably to a mid-table Championship club. Can't see any of the other talked about players leaving this season, bar ridiculous amounts offered, if only because we'd have to be paying more money to the bank this year.

Gomis and Gunning will be off too I'd wager, possibly alongside the likes of Gardyne.

As for what we need in, a committed, no-nonsense centre-half is a must. Too many times this season our centre-backs have shirked from challenging a player and we've conceded because of it. Good back on loan would be good (there's no way of avoiding that!) to have back, but a more permanent solution would be preferable.

I'd also be making moves for Jamie McDonald, since he's now available. Whilst Rado still pulls off some spectacular saves, I'd say his mistakes has cost us more points this season than those saves will have earned.

We also need another striker too. What with El-Alagui going back to Brentford, and Graham being Graham, we'd need another striker to take some of the weight of Ciftci's shoulders. Lyle Taylor perhaps, if Sheffield United would let him go on loan again?

Finally, and I'm probably in the minority here, I wouldn't mind seeing Erskine being given a run in the team next season, particularly if GMS does go.

Overall, I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic about next season.

I'm yet to decide what I think about Rado. I really like him I think he loves playing for us and he is settled. He is a fantastic shot stopper and has produced some excellent displays since arriving here but he has looked very weak at times this year, in particular towards the end of the season. Much of that can be put down to the fact that our defence is so horrific so he is left more exposed but it can also be attributed to his style and the fact that he does have moments of madness. His distribution is plain awful and it won't get any better so he does have major issues in his game that won't be improved upon.

I think that unless we can get a good goalkeeper cheaply and easily then we leave Rado in the team and focus on more important targets (central defenders)

I said to Peel the other day but Graham's goals to mins played ratio must be pretty decent.

He is pretty Shite but really you can't ask much more of a backup 10 minutes per game striker than what he has done this year. I would keep him around but we need an extra player r who can start the game.

I said to Peel the other day but Graham's goals to mins played ratio must be pretty decent.

How many of those goals were meaningful though? Most of the ones I can remember were when we were already winning and dominating the game. Don't like writing players off but imo he's totally out of his depth at this level.

He averages a goal every 199 minutes in the league

How many of those goals were meaningful though? Most of the ones I can remember were when we were already winning and dominating the game. Don't like writing players off but imo he's totally out of his depth at this level.

Agreed and pretty much proves how statistics can be meaningless sometimes.

Archived