Dundee United 2014/15 Season

I'm no getting into this center mid pish with you man. Telfer can play wide easily enough, who knows where his best position is, like you said probably Armstrong's role, but we now need to be look at alternatives for Gary's position. Connolly or Telfer fit for me, they are both raw and game time can only help their development.

I personally feel Connolly and Spittal are the best two prospects for the wide attacking roles and Telfer is better suited to play in either Armstrong's current position when he goes or further back in the midfield as he did against Hamilton.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree with ArabFC (that's twice its happened now). Connolly in a wide position but not Telfer, though I think Connolly is ready for more regular football. Thing is if GMS is going we must be looking to bring someone unless there's yet another young talent winding his way through.

It's a shame Ali Coote isn't further in his development, could have been an ideal opportunity.

Good luck to him.

Fantastic player in past seasons (when fit) but been utter pish this year bar 2 games (Dee and P-Thistle) and knew he was going to leave anyway so not bothered by this in the slightest.

Only issue now is do we keep playing him (he'll get booed by the dim element of our support) or play Telfer or Connolly.

I'm not on Facebook or Twitter though and I get paid for sitting at this desk so, y'know.

Don't get high and mighty by proclaiming you don't do Facebook or Twitter - welcome to the modern world man ;)

You're having a floppy (again). You can't really think that the half dozen or so of us on here who disagree with peeeeeeeel are any more representative of Arabs than those who contribute through other social network.

Floppy? You mean like I'm having a stroke, or a seizure? Or are you suggesting that I can't sustain an erection because I can. I totally can and you can just about shut your dirty mouth!

Not that surprised, but he could have continued playing as he is playing and hoped his form attracted other options. There's no law to say you need to sign a pre-contract at the first available opportunity.

You're right, there is no law. What this has been is a judgment call by the player and his agent. Fact is if his form drops again or, worse still, he gets an injury it might be he wouldn't get the opportunity again.

What's strange is that's there some folk questioning whether he's good enough to play regularly for Celtic but also suggesting he should hold out for something 'better'.

I'd agree with ArabFC (that's twice its happened now). Connolly in a wide position but not Telfer, though I think Connolly is ready for more regular football. Thing is if GMS is going we must be looking to bring someone unless there's yet another young talent winding his way through.

Dow, Armstrong, Ciftci, Erskine, Connolly. Spittal? Enough options, no?

I personally feel Connolly and Spittal are the best two prospects for the wide attacking roles and Telfer is better suited to play in either Armstrong's current position when he goes or further back in the midfield as he did against Hamilton.

For some reason I never even thought of Spittal another reason we should look to play Gary less.

I'm no getting into this center mid pish with you man. Telfer can play wide easily enough, who knows where his best position is, like you said probably Armstrong's role, but we now need to be look at alternatives for Gary's position. Connolly or Telfer fit for me, they are both raw and game time can only help their development.

Don't get into the midfield pish, but Telfer ain't a winger, and he is doing a good job in an area where he is needed right now.

Floppy? You mean like I'm having a stroke, or a seizure? Or are you suggesting that I can't sustain an erection because I can. I totally can and you can just about shut your dirty mouth!

Sorry, that was meant to be 'floopy'.

Getting your floopies and floppies mixed up at my age can be a dangerous thing.

BTW - the erection thing, sounds like you're protesting too much.

You're right, there is no law. What this has been is a judgment call by the player and his agent. Fact is if his form drops again or, worse still, he gets an injury it might be he wouldn't get the opportunity again.

What's strange is that's there some folk questioning whether he's good enough to play regularly for Celtic but also suggesting he should hold out for something 'better'.

Not better. Different.

It isn't an anti old-firm thing for me, but if I was a pro-footballer, I'd want to test myself in England/Spain/Italy etc.

Dow, Armstrong, Ciftci, Erskine, Connolly. Spittal? Enough options, no?

Options yes. But I think we might all well have to swallow the fact that with GMS going in the summer for nowt, Armstrong and Ciftci will likely depart if any decent money is on the table for them. Both out of contract end of next season.

For some reason I never even thought of Spittal another reason we should look to play Gary less.

Like you I don't think GMS's current form is going to last much longer, but I think we should keep playing him at the moment until his form does dip again and proves those suspicions correct. I'm a big fan of Connolly but monday night for me showed that he isn't quite ready yet so I don't want to see him chucked in to replace GMS permanently at the moment. The same with Spittal.

I think also its fairly obvious when a player goes to Celtic from your own club, if he is going to succeed.

Mark Wilson was always going to do well, but never going to be a star.

Davie Hannah? Well we couldn't kick him out the door fast enough when offered that money.

We made a £100k profit on him after we resigned him from there :D

Sorry, that was meant to be 'floopy'.

Getting your floopies and floppies mixed up at my age can be a dangerous thing.

What is this, I don't even ... ?

BTW - the erection thing, sounds like you're protesting too much.

I don't think so, man. It's good to be clear about where you stand. And that you stand. Upright and strong. Shows the world that you mean business.

I don't think so, man. It's good to be clear about where you stand. And that you stand. Upright and strong. Shows the world that you mean business.

^^^^^

Prelude to a restraining order type post.

Like you I don't think GMS's current form is going to last much longer, but I think we should keep playing him at the moment until his form does dip again and proves those suspicions correct. I'm a big fan of Connolly but monday night for me showed that he isn't quite ready yet so I don't want to see him chucked in to replace GMS permanently at the moment. The same with Spittal.

Lets just hope he keeps up his form and helps us into Europe or better still to winning a trophy.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30799180

McNamara is a bit of a fanny sometimes. Coming out with stuff about plastic pitches and the like and now this.

Celtic are within their rights to act as they have and I hope we are doing the same with other clubs.

Gary's highlight video. Consisted of highlights of his last 3 games. :lol:

Archived