Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Rumours on United Mad that Webster will sign next month, replacing Fojut who is going back to Poland. Sounds alright in theory, but struggling to think of a player who hasn't been complete turkey after coming back to United.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumours on United Mad that Webster will sign next month, replacing Fojut who is going back to Poland. Sounds alright in theory, but struggling to think of a player who hasn't been complete turkey after coming back to United.

I think Webster's older than me and I am old as fuck.

Be a real shame to lose Fojut. Terrific centre half.

I think Webster's older than me and I am old as fuck.

Be a real shame to lose Fojut. Terrific centre half.

Just turned 33.

If he has another decent season in him, then fair enough. Not much pace in a potential McGowan, Webster, Dillon, Dixon back 4 though...

Fojut really isn't a terrific centre half. Might be there under a better coach, mind.

you've got to pray Dillon isn't a starter next year or it will be another piss and wind season.

Yay for optimism!

Fojut really isn't a terrific centre half. Might be there under a better coach, mind.

you've got to pray Dillon isn't a starter next year or it will be another piss and wind season.

The same Dillon who totally bossed the game today? He has had his poorest season for us but there is a still a good Premiership defender there, that much is pretty clear IMO.

Webster might be slower than a day out in Perth but at least he knows how to organise a defence. He turned Kenneth into a decent centre half for that one season so i'm sure he could do the same to Morris, Dillon, Fojut or whoever will play there next season.

The same Dillon who totally bossed the game today? He has had his poorest season for us but there is a still a good Premiership defender there, that much is pretty clear IMO.

Oh, yeah he was the best player on the pitch. But he cannot be a starter for us next year. We need to find a solid four and someone to partner Souttar in midfield.

We cannot go into next season with Rankin, Dillon and Paton being starters.

Willo Flood?

Had a shite first season then had a stormer the second if I recall correctly.

I know what you are saying, we need more competition in some positions (sitting midfielder definitely) but I still think Dillon and Rankin (who was also very impressive today) can still do a very solid job for us. It's performances like today that I would use as evidence to justify giving people like Dillon new contracts to keep at the club. I know not many people agree with that though. Rado also showed us the plus side to his game. Some excellent saves and took one corner in particular fantastically well through a ruck of bodies. Just like Dillon this has been the poorest season he has had with us but again I think he is a good Premiership goalkeeper on his day. Personally I'm pretty sad to see him leave us.

Archived