Dundee United 2014/15 Season

We sell them 2 we can afford to pay off jackie and bring back Cathro lol, but if we do we will be lucky to get top 6 next year and will anger the fans even more by the choice of buying club yet again not good :(

Stay strong Thomspon and sell to any club but Celtic and dont sell Harry he needs game time here him and Coote ive been wanting in our 1st team this season

You got Harry from us in the first place - bring him home, Ronny

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got Harry from us in the first place - bring him home, Ronny

Its not him your apparently interested in its the older brother John ;)

FYI its Man City that want Harry not Smeltic so there :P

This is horrible! I've no issue with being a selling club, but touting players in the media before they have even kicked a ball in professional football is brutal. As for Nads and Soapy I'd happily take £1.5m for them in the summer, both will have 12 months left on their contracts so seems like decent business and I can't see Nads extending, Soapy might.

Soapy wont extend. Given he chose not to go to Sunderland and then has been hampered by injury ever since, if the opportunity arises for him to make any step up, I think he'll grab it and you couldn't blame him. He's seen Robertson, Gauld and Stretch go, whilst he has been left behind, with his form tailing off to boot. He probably wonders if the chance has gone.

Soapy wont extend. Given he chose not to go to Sunderland and then has been hampered by injury ever since, if the opportunity arises for him to make any step up, I think he'll grab it and you couldn't blame him. He's seen Robertson, Gauld and Stretch go, whilst he has been left behind, with his form tailing off to boot. He probably wonders if the chance has gone.

He's only 18 remember, hard to say he's missed his chance. Still got 5/6 year before he should be thinking about missed chances.

Looks like the rumours are true:

At the Lennoxtown press conference ahead of the home match against Dundee on Friday night, when the names of Souttar and Ciftci were put to him, the Parkhead manager said: "It is just rumours, I don't want to comment on any names.

"We have our targets, we work on things, and when it is clear we will tell you.

"I can understand they are upset but they have to see it as a big honour that they are producing players that other clubs want.

"And if there are more players that we want, or anybody else wants, new stars will again come in their clubs.

"It is always tough for smaller clubs to lose players but they also bring a lot of money into the club.

"They can reinvest and build the club further and the small clubs need to do that more than the bigger clubs.

"But we also do the same, so every club has that decision to make."

Asked directly about United perhaps being under pressure not to sell to Celtic again, the former Stromsgodset boss replied: "It is up to them.

"I think they know what price they want for the players and they have to think if they need money or not.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/u/deila-refuses-to-deny-uniteds-souttar-and-ciftci-on-his-summer-shopping-list.1430315267

I can understand selling Ciftci as he just has a year left and wont extend. Dont like it but fully expect it.

Will be gutted if they sell Souttar. There is no need to sell him. If it is 1.5m for both that would probably mean 5-600k for Souttar. He has been at United a long time and is still just 18. We would be due around the same money as we got for Allan as a homegrown player from any club that signed him next year. (400-450k) We would be crazy to give him to Celtic for 100k more when we can get a full year out of him and receive that money at the end of his contract.There is the possibility he signs a new contract. Even if he doesn't sign a new contract it would be worth it to keep him to not piss off already mightily pissed off fans further.

Souttar is potentially the best of the lot, if you ask me, but still has loads to learn. The timing has been right for most of our recent transfers, for the player at least, less so the club, but Souttar's priority should be to establish himself in our first team. Will be gutted to see him leave without us seeing the best of him.

I believe Souttar is free to sign a pre contract in this summer and leave for a development fee in the jan window, so we are already at the stage we were with allan.

Pish, thought we had him tied up till next summer. That being the case it looks like he will be away if he doesn't sign a new contract. A real shame if thats the case as like Gibby I think he will be the best of the lot. Really confident laddie with great feet. Not strong enough yet for centre half but I think everyone has been saying for quite a while that in front of the back is an ideal position for him and the last 2 games have shown that.

I think another year at United would be perfect for him as he would get a lot of game time and that wouldn't be the case at Celtic. If he does move would love to see him follow Gauldy.

According to the BBC he's contracted until May 2016 after he extended along with Gauld and Spark last season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24812193

If we aren't already doing so then we should be really be pushing hard to get Soapy to extend again, even if it's just one more year. I really like Souttar but this season has more or less been a write off for him. He needs to get regular game time and experience again next season and unlike Mackay-Steven, Armstrong and potentially Ciftci now, I can't see him playing frequently if he moved to Parkhead.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21190697

Out of contract in January next year.

According to the BBC he's contracted until May 2016 after he extended along with Gauld and Spark last season.

If we aren't already doing so then we should be really be pushing hard to get Soapy to extend again, even if it's just one more year. I really like Souttar but this season has more or less been a write off for him. He needs to get regular game time and experience again next season and unlike Mackay-Steven, Armstrong and potentially Ciftci now, I can't see him playing frequently if he moved to Parkhead.

&

http://dufc.co/the-teams/first-team/6087/

The last paragraph specifically.

I seem to recall both Souttar and Gauld signed extended contracts back to back in a short space of time because you're only allowed to sign for a maximum of three years when you're 17. So three years from January 13, then three years again in May 13.

Archived