Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is Dundee s budget compared to the rest of the league?[/quote

Significantly less than yours, that's for sure.

Well if you ever get above us in the league or or beat us in a game I'm sure it will be a cause of great celebration.

However. Maybe you could get above the 2 teams above you with a lesser budget before you pull that card.

Fwiw seeing as you have the 4th biggest budget in the league if you finished one place beloww us it would be entirely expected.

ame="DonnieDarko" post="9224096" timestamp="1424034769"]

Well if you ever get above us in the league or or beat us in a game I'm sure it will be a cause of great celebration.

However. Maybe you could get above the 2 teams above you with a lesser budget before you pull that card.

Fwiw seeing as you have the 4th biggest budget in the league if you finished one place beloww us it would be entirely expected.

I cant tell if you are trolling or not? Celtic, Aberdeen, United, Inverness,St.Johnstone,Thistle, Motherwell, Ro$$ County and their 99 fucking players all surely have a bigger budget than us?

I cant tell if you are trolling or not? Celtic, Aberdeen, United, Inverness,St.Johnstone,Thistle, Motherwell, Ro$$ County and their 99 fucking players all surely have a bigger budget than us?

Doubt saints, ICT, Thistle or Motherwell have a higher budget than Dundee. You're crowds dictate you can pay higher wages I guess.

If I was to guess, you'd only be behind Celtic, Aberdeen, United and probably Ross County too. That's not to say all the budgets aren't roughly similar.

Doubt saints, ICT, Thistle or Motherwell have a higher budget than Dundee. You're crowds dictate you can pay higher wages I guess.

Yes and no. I think overall we'll be paying money that's quite good and probably in line with our crowds but a chunk of that will be taken up by the automatic renewal clauses built into the players contracts from last season. We basically had to pay everyone off from last season and make up the difference in whatever wage they could find elsewhere so that accounts for a fair chunk of it but with the actual available squad we've had this season, I think there will be a few more teams above (even St Johnstone in this).

Hopefully, with that gone we can reduce the budget a bit while simultaneously freeing up more funds for the manager.

One of your directors told me Dundee have the 4th highest budget in the league. I don't see any reason to disbelieve it but I also don't care enough to give it much thought, maybe its shite.

Theres some #dece trolling going on here but the claims on the Dundee thread of only being 9 points behind Utd and targeting closing that gap are prime candidates for a minterectomy.

Utd have 2 games in hand for starters (no idea who against) and we need to be looking at our season in isloation rather than even looking at you boys. There were some outlandish predictions from cetain Dees at the start of the season but there is no doubt that we have overachieved this season. Next season will be tougher for Hartley as he will be expected to build on this seasons finish (which is looking likely to be 7th - 5th) and it will be completely his squad next year when we ship the auto renew Bomber brigade.

The icing on the cake for this season would be getting the Derby monkey off our back. That is a very achievable goal IMO despite this seasons other horror shows. If we can field our best XI we can get a result. It also depends on if our players can get the negativity from the previous 2 league demolitions out of their head as psychologically Utd have the upper hand before a ball is kicked.

We will finish third. We've got two games in hand against the team currently in third.

Plus, three homE games in a row coming up so minimum of seven points there.

Bookmarked for future blame game.

We will finish third. We've got two games in hand against the team currently in third.

Plus, three homE games in a row coming up so minimum of seven points there.

Was looking at this earlier, we need 7pts minimum to be going into the March madness with some confidence.

I said at the start of the season I thought Dundee would finish in the top six and I still think they will. It would be good to get four derbies this year. We will probably finish fourth now, I still really worry about out mentality and the ability to grind out results, something we simply don't have.

Just watched the highlights there. I know I'm like a broken record but Rado needs dropped now. It's a pattern of bad keeping and at least one f**k up, whether punished or not, per game. First two killie goals went by him at about 2 mph and the first is yet again a direct consequence of him not knowing if he is coming or going with cross balls and attrocius positioning.

In happier news good hold up and lay off and a nice finish for anier. Hopefully he can kick on now.

Just watched the highlights there. I know I'm like a broken record but Rado needs dropped now. It's a pattern of bad keeping and at least one f**k up, whether punished or not, per game. First two killie goals went by him at about 2 mph and the first is yet again a direct consequence of him not knowing if he is coming or going with cross balls and attrocius positioning.

In happier news good hold up and lay off and a nice finish for anier. Hopefully he can kick on now.

And just like a broken record, I'll suggest that perhaps Jackie knows the other keepers we have are even worse. But then, he could have bought a new one by now.

Won't blame Rado for the first goal though - thats ridiculous - the ball is well past him before he has the ability to react.

Apart from Dillo being an absolute fud, our ability to set up a wall is embarrassing for pub league standards. Guys stood still, guys jumping and guys turning away from the ball - you all stand strong, or all jump - it ain't fcuking rocket science!

Archived