Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Latest rumourblabbering - Jackie after the Boyd bullet that we dodged in the summer. Why just why. William McKay doing the rounds again, though I imagine more through hope than anything.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest rumourblabbering - Jackie after the Boyd bullet that we dodged in the summer. Why just why. William McKay doing the rounds again, though I imagine more through hope than anything.

im pretty sure billy McKay is out if contract in the summer so if jackie put in a pre contract for o donnell then there's every chance he could do the same with McKay

im pretty sure billy McKay is out if contract in the summer so if jackie put in a pre contract for o donnell then there's every chance he could do the same with McKay

More that I thought McKay would have higher ambitions than United.

Would not like Boyd, partly because he isn't the type of striker I think would fit into our system, he isn't hard working enough or comfortable enough on the ball. McKay on the other hand would be great. I'm at the stage now where I know we have worked incredibly hard to reduce our debt and sort out our finances but I would like us to be identifying maybe one signing that we can push the boat out a little to get and McKay would fit the bill for that IMO.

Id be absolutely aghast if we signed Kris Boyd. He offers us nothing whatsoever except a large wage packet. This would signal a huge backward step for us as a club if he were to join.

On the other hand id be very happy to sign Mckay but it would be surprising if he didnt sign for a club down south on massive wages due to him being a free agent.

Id be absolutely aghast if we signed Kris Boyd. He offers us nothing whatsoever except a large wage packet. This would signal a huge backward step for us as a club if he were to join.

On the other hand id be very happy to sign Mckay but it would be surprising if he didnt sign for a club down south on massive wages due to him being a free agent.

Like you I'd take McKay before Boyd; but like you I think the chances of us getting McKay are zilch.

Don't agree about Boyd offering nothing, I think he could do a job for us and thrive under the positive coaching at United.

One thing is certain, if the transfer window closes without us bringing in another striker to play now (as oppossed to Simon Ferry) then we'll regret it.

He'd offer us goals. Twenty odd last season in a poor Kilmarnock team.

A proper striker, would be a great signing.

Like you I'd take McKay before Boyd; but like you I think the chances of us getting McKay are zilch. Don't agree about Boyd offering nothing, I think he could do a job for us and thrive under the positive coaching at United. One thing is certain, if the transfer window closes without us bringing in another striker to play now (as oppossed to Simon Ferry) then we'll regret it.

We've not signed that utter diddy from across the road have we? :huh:

He'd offer us goals. Twenty odd last season in a poor Kilmarnock team.A proper striker, would be a great signing.

His game has regressed alarmingly and its doubtful he would fit in to our style of play. Considering his goals to game ratio in the Championship, id say last season could have been his indian summer

I doubt we could get McKay but would much prefer him over Boyd if it was possible. Last summer Id have happily taken Boyd, but 2 goals in 19 games in the Championship - no thanks.

McKay will likely end up at a Preston or a Bristol City.

Would not like Boyd, partly because he isn't the type of striker I think would fit into our system, he isn't hard working enough or comfortable enough on the ball. McKay on the other hand would be great. I'm at the stage now where I know we have worked incredibly hard to reduce our debt and sort out our finances but I would like us to be identifying maybe one signing that we can push the boat out a little to get and McKay would fit the bill for that IMO.

I'd be happy to see us pay a bit of money for a player but they'd have to be a definite improvement to the first team and I'd rather Ciftci up top than McKay personally. Ideally if we were going to be paying fees for players I'd like us to sign a quality central midfielder and left back. Graeme Shinnie anyone? Probably unrealistic but that type of signing would be fantastic.

Re transfer rumours, would happily take McKay and O'Donnell but not too keen on Bannigan. Definitely need another striker at the club and if it was to be Boyd hopefully no more than a 6 month deal with the option to extend for a further year, that way if it's this seasons sevco Boyd we can punt but if Jackie can get the best out of him we can keep.

Boyd's no signing for us, hes already coaching at Killie and he's turned us down at least 3 times.

Billy McKay's no signing for us, he'll be off down south where some team will take a gamble on him.

Anyone remember Jamie McCunnie? Just played sixes against him and got ripped a new one.

Boyd's no signing for us, hes already coaching at Killie and he's turned us down at least 3 times.

Billy McKay's no signing for us, he'll be off down south where some team will take a gamble on him.

Anyone remember Jamie McCunnie? Just played sixes against him and got ripped a new one.

I played against mccunnie a couple of years ago at sevens. He was utterly class. Pinging crossfield balls onto a sixpence.

Garry Kenneth also came ( while still playing pro, fucking knows what he was thinking). He was shite.

Eta. f**k Kris Boyd.

Archived