Dundee United 2014/15 Season

This was bound to happen. Surprised there's been no sniffing around Armstrong yet.

Anyone but West Ham, Andy, please. Vile club and an unimaginative move.

At this rate United will have £5m + in the coffers less what the bank and investors take or are due.

LOADSAMONEY....

If they replace wisely then they will be favourites for second...

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mcnamara hasn't done particularly well in the transfer market so far has he? It'll be interesting to see the sort of players United go for.

Robertson wasn't a bad signing. 2m+ potential profit in one year. Now Scotland International and in the team of the year.

Ciftci also in the team of the year last year. Superb player.

Paton has been a mainstay in the team and personally think he was very good last year and allowed the flair players to play.

Butcher was injured for most of the season but admittedly looks shaky. Erskine hasnt had a chance really but we will get rid of him ok if thats whats decided. Graham was a pre JM signing.

Mcnamara hasn't done particularly well in the transfer market so far has he? It'll be interesting to see the sort of players United go for.

I'd happily take a Curtis Good, Ciftci and Robertson every summer.

Talking of the latter, £3m plus or bolt.

I'd say he's done average. Robertson, Ciftci and Paton can all be considered good/great signings with Good on loan as well. Wilson and Gomis have been decent back-ups as well, although certainly have shown their decline at times. El Alagui I'd say was neither here nor there, with Butcher, Graham, Goodwillie and Erskine being bad for us so far, although I feel Erskine could still turn it around. Oyengua and Connolly look to be ones for the future, so can't tell with them at the moment.

But I'd happily take him finding a Ciftci and a Robertson every season, mind!

Most things I've seen are saying "Sky sources"

Anyway, I'd be expecting a lot more than that for Robertson, particularly with the apparent interest from other EPL clubs. And I really hope he doesn't end up at West Ham. Seeing him under Sam Allardyce would the stuff of nightmares. Move to a Southampton or Everton, much better suited to his talents.

Of course, I'd prefer it if he didn't leave at all, but that was the same with Gauld :bairn

Robertson to Southampton makes sense with them losing Shaw.

Great move for Gauld, going to a club known for developing young stars of the future, if only Scott Allan, Jamie Ness, etc had done similar instead of falling for the EPL hype. Good luck to the lad!

Not the green and white I had hoped to see him in but a great move for the lad. Would have been wasted at us anyway. Hopefully he gets the head down and sticks at it, looking forward to seeing how much he has improved in a few years time as i doubt i'll see much of him at Sporting.

Possible new contract for Mackay-Steven with the income? Wouldn't like to see too many of the players leaving in one go.

Although Jackie has been quoted as not looking at a replacement for Gauldy any genuine realistic transfer targets we can now go in for ? anyone who you can see now arriving (Curtis Good, Denny Johnstone?) ?

Robertson was obviously a tremendous find but I thought Ciftci was down to that Dutch ex Celtic player? I forgot about Good as well.

Van Hooijdonk is Ciftci's agent & sounded out McNamara as to his availability. Obviously McNamara and Van Hooijdonk know one another from Celtic days though.

*you're - I am sure if I point this very basic grammatical mistake enough times you might learn to use the English language properly.

However let's just analyse the statement in question. This is a Dundee fan, in a Dundee United thread, complaining that other posters are obsessed about Dundee.

Are u the spelling police.as for posting on other teams threads is that banned ??

Back on track.

What is a realistic amount for Robertson? £2.5million, £3 million.

Given the money that is sloshing around in the EPL surely those sort of figures are not unrealistic for someone with his talent.

"the spelling police" Christ are you 12?

Seriously though, if you have dyslexia or something fair enough, if not, sort it out.

this is a football fourm never knew i had to spell all my words correct.

Back on track.

What is a realistic amount for Robertson? £2.5million, £3 million.

Given the money that is sloshing around in the EPL surely those sort of figures are not unrealistic for someone with his talent.

Wed take atleast £2.5m and a sell on and some clauses and run as the lads had 1 year in top division and would be a decent fee but we wont be hurrying to sell after Gauld thats for sure.

Banks had there pound of flesh so if we did sell Robertson most the money would go directly to the club thats the upside :D

Back on track who do you see coming to Tannadice now ? Good and Johnstone would be 2 we'll probably now move for and the dutch trialist.

The bank are still entitled to a percentage of all transfer fees to 31st August 2015 and could end up making more money through percentage of transfers than we originally owed them under the initial terms of the loan.

At settlement the loan was £3.605m but with early settlement fees and overdraft the total amount due to them was £4.7m. We paid them £1.45m to settle the debt that day with a contingency agreement that the bank receive a reducing percentage share of all transfer proceeds to August 31st 2015 up to a maximum of £4.1m.

I don't know if reducing percentage means they get say 40% of first deal, 20% of second, 10% of third for example, or it may mean that they get 40% in this transfer window, 20% in January transfer window, 10% in final transfer window before August 31st.

If we didn't sell anyone in the three transfer windows we were due a final payment of £250k on August 31st 2015, which means the total repaid was £1.7m to write off £4.7m of debt (although the debt wasn't really as much as £4.7m as this included fees that wouldn't have come in to play if we hadn't settled early.)

However if we sell enough players, and depending on the percentages the bank receives we could end up paying back a total of £4.1m between now and August 31st 2015 to repay what was a £3.605m loan (+ overdraft) when we entered this agreement.

And for the record, I think it's a great deal that United/Investors/John Bennett struck, it was 100% the right thing to do, I'm just saying that if we start selling Gauld for £3m, Robbo for £2.5m, Armstrong for £1.5m, GMS for £500k etc in the next 14 months then the bank get a hefty wedge too.

Really worried that Robertson will be out the door next. As a previous poster mentioned, Gauld will be missed less than Robertson because we actually have three or four decent players in that position. As for left back? Not so much.

We should be aiming to reinvest some of the Gauld money in a decent defender and actually push the boat out to get someone who can lead from the back and keep us organised. If Robertson does go he would be very difficult to replace.

McNamara said that the approach from Lisbon came out of the blue but with the signings of Telfer and Spittal pushed through so early it was obvious that the club knew that Gauld would have been leaving at some point soon.

Archived