Dundee United 2014/15 Season

I can't see a downside in any of this.

• Gauld gets a move to an elite European club that is renowned for developing young talent.
  • Dundee United gets a decent chunk of money and very probably a nice sell on fee.
  • Young players at the club see that if they put in the performances they too can get a "dream move".
  • Potential players when eyeing up a move will see that United will not only get game time but the rewards for it - Telfer being a perfect example
  • The Scottish national squad will have a player that has continental experience.
  • And finally, the Dundee fans will be absolutely spitting feathers as their team becomes an irrelevance in Scottish football and the city of Dundee itself.

I can. I don't get to see him play in tangerine anymore :(

I remember seeing Gauld and Souttar last year in Tesco. They were talking about which frozen food to get - they quickly settled on the cheapest. I remember thinking they'd be absolutely loaded not long in the future. Gauld must be set for life now with a 6 year deal.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to see him leave this early in his career but a wonderful move for him and hopefully United and Scottish football in the longer term.

The 60m Euro buy-out clause in massive, and I think that shows how much potential this boy has. Hopefully we have a huge 25% sell on fee.

In context the centre mid that Man Utd are after from them has a 45m Euro clause, Van Wolfwinkle before him had a 22m Euro clause and the boy Celtic were after in January has a 2m Euro buy out clause.

I wouldn't read too much into the release clause, its an essential part of the contact and is probably club policy to have one at that size, especially when there is no resistance from the agent representing the player

Great move for Gauld, hope he does well. Think moving abroad was a better idea than going to England. They must see real potential especially with that 60 odd million release clause.

Can't be bothered looking back through the thread but why do United only get £1.5 million for the deal instead of the £3 million quoted? Something to do with the bank?

Excellent move, Sporting Lisbon have such a good dvelopment scheme so if he works hard - which he seems sensible enough to do - he has every chance of fulfilling his potential there. So good to see a player with horizons bigger than the EPL.

Sad that United lose him just as he was breaking through, I really enjoyed watching Utd and their kids play last season as it was something a bit different to celebrate in Scottish football, however the transfer fee is good for them and I have no doubt that Thompson will have got some kind of sell-on clause in there, hes not daft.

Hoping he doesn't turn Portuguese and we still see him turn out in a Scotland shirt in the future. :)

I see United have turned down an offer of 1.5 million for Andy Robertson from west ham.

I can't think of a team that suits Robertson's style less than West Ham.

No doubt he'd love to go to the EPL, but i really hope it's not with West Ham, under Allardyce.

more like your obsessed we us

*you're - I am sure if I point this very basic grammatical mistake enough times you might learn to use the English language properly.

However let's just analyse the statement in question. This is a Dundee fan, in a Dundee United thread, complaining that other posters are obsessed about Dundee.

Source?

Most things I've seen are saying "Sky sources"

Anyway, I'd be expecting a lot more than that for Robertson, particularly with the apparent interest from other EPL clubs. And I really hope he doesn't end up at West Ham. Seeing him under Sam Allardyce would the stuff of nightmares. Move to a Southampton or Everton, much better suited to his talents.

Of course, I'd prefer it if he didn't leave at all, but that was the same with Gauld :bairn

Anyway, I'd be expecting a lot more than that for Robertson, particularly with the apparent interest from other EPL clubs. And I really hope he doesn't end up at West Ham. Seeing him under Sam Allardyce would the stuff of nightmares. Move to a Southampton or Everton, much better suited to his talents.

Of course, I'd prefer it if he didn't leave at all, but that was the same with Gauld :bairn

I hope he goes to Spain tbh. You could see how playing in Spain massively improved Hutton. West Brom, how utterly uninspiring.

That said he should have another season ripping up the Scottish Premiership and wait for the perfect move.

See it now, its in the Courier here.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-reject-west-ham-bids-for-andy-robertson-1.451721

This was bound to happen. Surprised there's been no sniffing around Armstrong yet.

Anyone but West Ham, Andy, please. Vile club and an unimaginative move.

Archived