St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

My travel costs alone from the Shire to Switzerland are just over 100 quid. Not bad.

Questions for Ross.

What tend to be the cheapest places to eat/booze? I.e cheapest supermarkets and chain restaurants/pubs (if any)?

What would you recommend worth visiting in Lurcerne, any nice sights or activities? I don't know how well you know the city but any help would be appreciated, for me and other saintees alike.

Cheers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've registered interest for the chartered flight. A bit dear, but hopefully worth it. Did anyone take it last year? Did it sell out quickly?

My dad and I did it last year and tbh it's great for no hassle, easy to travel and whilst expensive does allow you access to playing staff and other members of you get the chance.

I was actually quite annoyed my dad booked it again this year, I'd already started to plan it on the cheap, but clearly he just wanted to know everything was fine, which is fair enough. I don't imagine it'll sell out immediately, but if you're gonna do it, book it soon I'd say.

Ohh and I'm finding Jim Spence, because he owes me a pint from Trondheim and it was an expensive one at that!!! (Well maybe not, I was pished and buying a round. :lol: )

My dad and I did it last year and tbh it's great for no hassle, easy to travel and whilst expensive does allow you access to playing staff and other members of you get the chance.

I was actually quite annoyed my dad booked it again this year, I'd already started to plan it on the cheap, but clearly he just wanted to know everything was fine, which is fair enough. I don't imagine it'll sell out immediately, but if you're gonna do it, book it soon I'd say.

Ohh and I'm finding Jim Spence, because he owes me a pint from Trondheim and it was an expensive one at that!!! (Well maybe not, I was pished and buying a round. :lol: )

If you've booked it already, are they on sale yet? Can't find anything or have you just registered interest?

Right apparently it was offered to folk who went last year first, since there's only gonna be about 50 seats for fans I guess. It also had to be done over the phone, that's all I know I'm afraid, if you're really wanting to go, definitely phone the office ASAP and even then it'll probably still be booked up!

Right apparently it was offered to folk who went last year first, since there's only gonna be about 50 seats for fans I guess. It also had to be done over the phone, that's all I know I'm afraid, if you're really wanting to go, definitely phone the office ASAP and even then it'll probably still be booked up!

Cheers mate. I didn't go last time, so trying to get a seat on 2nd come, 2nd served basis I guess.

Presume it sold out last year? I.e no spare seats left.

From what I remember yeah and it was a bigger plan last time too IIRC.

Cheers mate. Worried now. I'll call them and chase later today. Fingers crossed. If I do get there, I owe you a pint for the information.

My travel costs alone from the Shire to Switzerland are just over 100 quid. Not bad.

Questions for Ross.

What tend to be the cheapest places to eat/booze? I.e cheapest supermarkets and chain restaurants/pubs (if any)?

What would you recommend worth visiting in Lurcerne, any nice sights or activities? I don't know how well you know the city but any help would be appreciated, for me and other saintees alike.

Cheers

Legends Bar Luzern AKA Billy's have been posting on the club facebook page looking to make themselves the base for our fans.

It seems to be run by someone with some Scottish connections.

Lowenstrasse 8 6004 Lucerne, Switzerland, tel +41 79 203 81 12, http://www.legends-luzern.ch

Registration for the plane was on the club website on Tuesday

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=3030

I got a phone call direct from the travel agent,tmg? on Friday,so I assume there's still spaces

Yes thats when I got my phone call and she said they were starting to call around people who had registered that morning.

Questions for Ross.

Cheers

In terms of cheap places to eat and drink, it's all expensive relative to Scotland. There are a few pubs along the waterfront either side of the Kapellbrücke(The big wooden bridge...) that are cheapish, probably Mr Pickwick would be the best bet for cheap pub grub. It's a "British" theme pub chain and not the greatest but it does the job if you are happy with that kinda thing. I would suggest someone bringing a St Johnstone scarf for them to whack up on the wall with all the rest... If you really want a cheap bevvy your best bet is going into the Co-op and buying a carry out. If the weather is decent then you can sit around the lake and bevvy outside(Allowed to do that here), or go for a swim in the lake which is what I'll hopefully spend most weekends this summer doing.

In terms out touristy stuff, the old town is fantastic to look at, the Kapellbrücke is fairly well known, the lion monument looks a bit odd but is worth ticking off the list, or if you are feeling flush you can take a train to the top of Pilatus, or the boat across to Rigi and head up there and take in some of the best views in Europe.

For what its worth, I don't actually know Luzern too well beyond the town centre, so I'm probably missing a lot of stuff out. Beautiful city though, and some fantastic fanny to perv at if that's your thing.

Can any of you tell me if away tickets are going to be available pay at the gate? Fancy going to this.

Legends Bar Luzern AKA Billy's have been posting on the club facebook page looking to make themselves the base for our fans.

It seems to be run by someone with some Scottish connections.

Lowenstrasse 8 6004 Lucerne, Switzerland, tel +41 79 203 81 12, http://www.legends-luzern.ch

Never been in there but looking at the map it's a 5 minute walk from the main train station, and just outside the old town. If the bevvy is cheap enough then it won't be any worse than the rest of Luzern for sure.

Booking tickets tonight. Flying from Glasgow and changing at London City to Zurich.

Anyone know about tickets? Can we pick them up on the day?

yes you can or from McDiarmid Park tomorrow

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=3039

No indication of the price of the away tickets but going by the FC Luzern website they should be around 20CHF

Archived