St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be glorious if we could break 10,000. I don't think they should make the game all ticket, every man for himself for these occasions IMO.

Well then, you're fucking stupid!

Why don't we just mix the crowds like the World Cup games. St Johnstone v a team from Switzerland? Probably the two most passive sets of fans you'll ever have in a stadium at the one time

Why don't we just mix the crowds like the World Cup games. St Johnstone v a team from Switzerland? Probably the two most passive sets of fans you'll ever have in a stadium at the one time

This isn't fucking rugby mate. Get them in their own section, line of stewards for segregation. Let there be a vicious European atmosphere.

This isn't fucking rugby mate. Get them in their own section, line of stewards for segregation. Let there be a vicious European atmosphere.

Wonder if theres a bunch of Swiss hooligans sitting in some Swiss chocolate factory discussing the game, murmuring the immortal words...

"St Johnstone away?! LOVE IT!!"

Personally, I don't fancy having the wait in a queue for two hours or be there that early. I would rather spend that time in a pub with a decent atmosphere pre-match. Also it's pretty difficult to find seats together if you're in a group larger than three. I don't see the problem with making it an all ticket game. It's a pretty simple case of going to McD to purchase a ticket or getting it sent to your house. Games with larger than average crowds are a fucking nightmare at McD, largely because of inept organisation.

Personally, I don't fancy having the wait in a queue for two hours or be there that early. I would rather spend that time in a pub with a decent atmosphere pre-match. Also it's pretty difficult to find seats together if you're in a group larger than three. I don't see the problem with making it an all ticket game. It's a pretty simple case of going to McD to purchase a ticket or getting it sent to your house. Games with larger than average crowds are a fucking nightmare at McD, largely because of inept organisation.

Well maybe if they could organise proceedings properly we wouldn't be left having to wait for Ghostie to roar at stewards and wait to hear confirmation from "Commander Dave." Maybe then the game could be pay at the gate and there will be no hassle.

#everymanforhimself

Hooliganism is rife in Swiss football. No idea if Luzern are bad for it, but the league as a whole has problems.

I was about to say just that.

Basel, Aarau, Bern and Grasshoppers all have fairly sizeable "Ultras" groups, who for the most part double up as hooligans when they can get away with it. Luzern also have a few headbangers but not as many as some of the other clubs from what I've seen.

ETA, just text a Scottish boy I know over here who worked in a boozer in Luzern for a few years. He said they have an absolute c**t of a set of ultras/hooligans, but has just added that most of them tend not to travel.

Further edit: One of the Swiss boys I go to the football with says they have quite a big Ultras section, but not too many of them are into hooliganism. He reckons they'll have a fair sized away crowd because they don't qualify for Europe too often.

Definitely considering going to Switzerland as I've never been to an away European match before and I'm missing the home leg this year.. Might wait to see what the club has planned in terms of a potential charter flight before making a decision.

Well maybe if they could organise proceedings properly we wouldn't be left having to wait for Ghostie to roar at stewards and wait to hear confirmation from "Commander Dave." Maybe then the game could be pay at the gate and there will be no hassle.

#everymanforhimself

What's the problem with tickets exactly? That people are too lazy to go and buy them or phone Saints?

We could share milking tips???

Archived