St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

Definitely winnable, wouldn't say walkover though, Swiss teams always hard to break down but with the second leg here, there is a very good chance saints will progress!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positives are it's not the hardest tie, is definitely one of the better draws for the fans and a victory would leave us seeded in the third qualifying round. Plus from our pot, we could have got Rosenborg again or the absolute nightmare of eastern Ukraine, although that game might have been moved?

Negative is that it isn't the easiest tie but think generally you have to be pretty happy with it.

swissporarena1.jpg

Belter of a stadium as well, love the look of that. I'll be doing my utmost to go, my dearest father has already agreed to it provisionally and he's not even in Scotland right now11

Paint McDiarmid Gold, fill in the corners and finish off the blue seats and it could look like this!

I really want to go but I don't know where to start regarding travel. There seems to be so many options. If anyone can give some pointers, could you fire me a PM please. Don't mind if travelling involves connections or stops. Cheers.

Home leg all ticket? Last euro game I was was against the Turkish side and it was a bit of a nightmare finding seats in the East (punted to the Ormond).

Luzern have said they're expecting 500-750 travelling across, so I can imagine the club doing it as tickets only if we get a good result over there

If the first leg result is favourable for Saints we will fill McD .

Actually, might their larger than normal away support ironically prevent that? If they guestimate 750 fans, will the away section of the Main Stand hold that or will we have to give them the North Stand? If it's the North then that means there'll be at least 1200 unsellable tickets to Saints fans. Hope that's not he case obviously.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us selling tickets for the home leg. Given we had 9,000 there last year for Minsk, and 15,000 at the cup final, and only about 9500 seats available to sell to home fans I'd be surprised if the police didn't insist on it.

Archived