St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far too early to be coming away with that chat!

I'll stick to dreaming about the play-offs. Some of the teams in there are absolutely outrageous. Imagine drawing Inter Milan or Lyon. Imagine Saints at the San Siro. Saints. In the San Siro. THE SAN SIRO. That is what dreams are made of.

These Slovaks are no mugs. We've got our work cut out but we must believe.

We were talking about what it would be like to watch Saints at the San Siro on Sunday, would be ridiculously surreal!

I don't want to talk about it, as I feel like its completely jinxing it and I feel right a right arrogant p***k towards a team who will likely be one of the toughest we've faced, but you can't help but dream at the moment

This team on Thursday deserve full respect. They apparently went through qualifying rounds one to four last season before going out of the competition. This year they already negotiated two rounds. This will be a brutally tough match for us as we really cannot afford to lose an away goal.

Inbetween the two games the vast majority of people will have been paid. And its only an extra £5 pound on what you pay to watch a home game, so over the course of a week you'll have paid an extra £7 to watch two home European games than you would to watch two home league games, that seems a perfectly acceptable "inflation" considering the difference of importance.

This whole thing just stinks of this "can do no right" attitude some fans seem to be taking against the club all of a sudden, probably entirely based on the fact we haven't signed any senior players.

No,I think people are really starting to get hacked off with the "rip em off every chance we get" mentality throughout Scottish football.I'm a neutral and was thinking of going to the game this Thursday,I won't be at those prices.I was going to go to 'wells euro tie a few weeks ago,again didn't for the same reason.it must be great being in Europe but these are not glamour ties and I don't think they should be priced as such.lower the prices more people may go.incidentally,fair play to Aberdeen,they're the only team that had a game against a team from a "big" euro nation a couple of weeks ago-and they were the only ones with a sensible pricing policy for the match

I don't know what you'd classify a glamour tie as then, but a European game is about as glamorous as Saints get. The punters through the door last week justify the boards decision.

Aye, but will they pay it several times in a row? I'll be interested to see the crowd on Thursday.

I agree with HighlandCowden. For one-off glamour games people will turn up, and you can milk your core fan base, but these prices are only going to repel the casual fan; and that's who you need to attract for long-term sustainability.

No,I think people are really starting to get hacked off with the "rip em off every chance we get" mentality throughout Scottish football.I'm a neutral and was thinking of going to the game this Thursday,I won't be at those prices.I was going to go to 'wells euro tie a few weeks ago,again didn't for the same reason.it must be great being in Europe but these are not glamour ties and I don't think they should be priced as such.lower the prices more people may go.incidentally,fair play to Aberdeen,they're the only team that had a game against a team from a "big" euro nation a couple of weeks ago-and they were the only ones with a sensible pricing policy for the match

Out of interest how much did Aberdeen charge in the last round?

I can see this for next weeks game http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140728/uefa-europa-league-aberdeen-v-real-sociedad-thursday-7th-august-ko-745pm_2217950_4039324

Their prices seem similar to Saints this week except they give their season ticket holders a discount by we let in under 12's for Free and have the £17 for 1 adult and 2 children deal.

Don't think there is a student gate for the game tomorrow but looks as though they will honour it for league matches this season. Interested to know how people were "ripping the piss" with it? Surely you either have a valid matric card and get in for student price or you don't and therefore you don't?

Just saw on Twitter that they are now just gonna go ahead with opening North Stand from the word go rather than only in the event the East starts to properly fill. This is a sensible move IMO as may serve to lessen the ques at the East a bit. What was the atmos like in the North last week as regretfully I couldn't make it? I have never sat in there in all my time going to McDiarmid but might do so tomorrow if it makes life easier and I don't have the threat of a bigger boy shouting at me if I am sitting in his seat.

My student card is out of date but most clubs still accept it.

Yeah I think with that, most turnstile operators don't necessarily know where they are looking on a matric card or are just busy/un-bothered about whether it is valid or not so allow the person through.

But this isn't people ripping the piss I wouldn't say, if the club don't want to let folk in for student price without a valid matric card, then simply tell the staff to look at the card properly and if it is out of date or not the individual in the photo or says they are in part time, then advise them they require to pay the full price.

My student card is out of date but most clubs still accept it.

not at saints it wouldn't. We mega strict and actually get each card in our posession to check it valid etc. Lost count last year how many out of date cards I refused . The amount of excuses for not having valid ones were funny but unfortunately person still paid full whack.

If you c***s are going to keep moaning about it, might I suggest a minute of all shouting "rabble, rabble, rabble" at the 26th minute?

Seriously, just go and enjoy the game. I'll be in the stands cheering my team on against some European opposition for the thrill of making it through to the next round, something I would happily pay £26 for.

This team on Thursday deserve full respect. They apparently went through qualifying rounds one to four last season before going out of the competition. This year they already negotiated two rounds. This will be a brutally tough match for us as we really cannot afford to lose an away goal.

I see that 2 seasons ago they beat Sligo who ran Rosenberg close this year. They also beat Steaua Bucharest away that year although they did lose the tie. Suggests they're probably above saints level.

Moaning about the prices for a European game FFS. :lol:

Some of you boys really have been spoiled over the last few years.

Good luck for tomorrow night, be amazing if you could make the playoff.

It gets me into McDiarmid so someone isn't doing their job properly.

well I will soon get reminder out to ensure doesn't happen this season. On separate note why you not paying full whack? It is the club you support and only them that you hurting by being a Fanny and dodging full price ??

8000 at McD tomorrow night will prove the clubs pricing for Euro games is spot on.. FFS folk are moaning about nae signings ( because we are skint ) and then complain when the club ( the they purport to love) try to make a bit of hay while the fucking sun shines..

All this success on the pitch in the last few years ( 8th, 8th, 6th,3rd & 6th)in the SPL, Europe 3 seasons on the bounce, Away wins in Rosenbourg and Minsk, knocking out Rosebourg & Luzern, a league cup semi, a Scottish cup WIN.. and yet some c***s cannae help themselves.. Moan moan moan....Christ knows what some of you will be like when it goes tits up ( as it certainly will at some point) and we have a shite season and get relegated.

lets be honest here. you'll all have mobile phones, go on holiday and happily spend £50 plus on a night on the pish but If you cannae afford £26 then I am truly sorry,

Get a fucking grip and back yer team...

Archived