St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

There were two bad things about running out of food/drink last Thursday. One was obviously that folk can't get what they want which for casual fans probably doesn't generate a good impression, the other is the loss of potential revenue. They were giving cups of water away for free before half-time as there was no juice left. On a hot day like it was, that's a lot of lost money at the scandalous prices they charge for a cup of warm coke.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its quite clear on the website that any student entering the East Stand can show a valid ID card and get in for £15. Maybe you should stop concocting reasons to cry and learn to read

Is there a student ticket price for the game this thursday?

As for the food/drink situation, well, saints run out of food on a league day so it is of absolute no surprise that they ran out last Thursday. How hard can it be - you are expecting 8000+ people - buy in enough food to cater for these people. Nothing worse than being told there's nae pehs left.

There were two bad things about running out of food/drink last Thursday. One was obviously that folk can't get what they want which for casual fans probably doesn't generate a good impression, the other is the loss of potential revenue. They were giving cups of water away for free before half-time as there was no juice left. On a hot day like it was, that's a lot of lost money at the scandalous prices they charge for a cup of warm coke.

I got charged 50p for my water. :lol:

actually going to demand a refund immediately from the club

Thought they stopped the student gate this year?

Is there a student ticket price for the game this thursday?

Cash Admission Prices at McDiarmid Park 2014/2015

During the 2014/2015 SPFL Premiership season Saints fans will normally be accommodated in the East and West Stands with away supporters being housed in the North Stand and/or north end of the West Stand as necessary. The Ormond Stand will normally be for St Johnstone-supporting families.

In order to maximise overall capacity, the club reserves the right to relocate Ormond Stand Season Ticket holders to either the East Stand or the West Stand at certain fixtures. In these circumstances, the season ticket holders will have the choice of which alternative stand to use.

Match day cash admission for the SPFL campaign for St Johnstone supporters will be a MINIMUM as follows:

WEST STAND

Adult - £23

Senior Citizens (65 and over) - £14

13 - 16 year olds - £13

Kids aged 12 and under (must be accompanied by an adult) - Free of charge

EAST STAND

Adult - £22

Senior Citizens (65 and over) - £12

Students with valid matriculation card - £15

17 – 18 year olds - £11

13 - 16 year olds - £8

Kids aged 12 and under (must be accompanied by an adult) - Free of charge

ORMOND FAMILY STAND

For most but not all fixtures, this is a mixed family stand. One adult and up to two children aged 12 or under can gain admission at a cost of £15. Unaccompanied adults or children aged 12 or under will not be admitted. Children aged 13-16 can gain admission at a cost of £8. Additional adults within a'family group' are admitted at a cost of £15.

Where the anticipated away support is expected to be of a size where it is not possible to operate the Ormond Stand as a mixed family stand then the club undertakes to provide a fixed number of 'adult and up to two kids aged 12 and under' packages or free admission to all kids aged 12 and under in whatever stand the away support is accomodated in.

AWAY SUPPORT

Where only one stand is offered to the away support (the North Stand OR the West Stand then the prices shall be: Adult £22, over 65s £12, 13-18 year olds £11. Students with a valid matriculation card will be admitted at a cost of £15. Please see above section on Ormond Stand for additional relevant details.

WHEELCHAIR USERS & DISABLED PEOPLE WHO DO NOT USE A WHEELCHAIR

Details of concessionary pricing for the above categries of supporter can be found in he 'Disabled Suppoeters' section of the website accessed via the left hand menu bar

Admission charges for all ticket fixtures will be higher than those listed above and will be advised when ticket selling details are announced.

I assume there should be student prices for Thursday, although to be honest you're probably right and there won't be, simply because the club like to make me look like a w****r

The student gate was scrapped for this season I'm sure, certainly at the gate. Too many people were abusing it. I think the student season ticket is still available, but I can't see the game on Thursday having a student gate.

Can we talk about the game now? It could well be our last European game at McDiarmid for a while, considering this is only the 5th time (and 3rd run) in Europe we've had. People moaning about ticket prices, not getting there seats etc really doesn't seem very important when you look at what we've got coming on Thursday and what just happened last week.

£26 is well worth it for the glorious scenes at full time against Rosenborg and after Tam Scobbie smashed his penalty home last week.

This is obviously a first leg, which means we'll not get to see the conclusion of the tie, but fingers crossed we can get ourselves in a good position.

I've absolutely no idea how good Spartak Trnava are. Looking at their squad, they don't have as much pedigree as Rosenborg or Luzern, but they do appear to be a better, more successful side than that utter gang from Minsk.

We can't afford complacency and we'll have to accept that they'll likely be better footballers than we are. That's not new to us in Europe though and if the players can muster the energy and commitment from the Luzern ties, I think we stand a good chance of going through.

With regards to the team, I see it reported this morning that Anderson is still out. That's obviously a blow, but at least we're quite well covered in defensive areas. I'd be happy for us to stick with the same 11 as last week, although I'd be inclined to bring in Croft for O'Halloran.

I notice that the bookies have us as favourites for the game, with prices around evens. They've probably got about as much of a clue about our opposition as we do though!

I take it everyone who registered for the last trip will have just had a call from TMG regarding the club package

Its £600 for a twin or £635 for a single. Transport to and from McDiarmid, flights from Edinburgh and one night in Bratislava with transport to the game returning on the Thursday night.

I take it everyone who registered for the last trip will have just had a call from TMG regarding the club package

Its £600 for a twin or £635 for a single. Transport to and from McDiarmid, flights from Edinburgh and one night in Bratislava with transport to the game returning on the Thursday night.

There was a message on my answer machine, don't think I'm going this time though. Although is that £600 for 2, or £600 each?

If it's the former, I might have to find someone to go with, although I suspect I've misinterpreted your wording.

Per person, working in the travel industry its a reasonable single supplement for a 1 night stay.

I would doubt I will do this one either, I just cannot afford to spend the equivalent of a months take home pay to volunteer for the club at 2 away games in under a month.

Per person, working in the travel industry its a reasonable single supplement for a 1 night stay.

I would doubt I will do this one either, I just cannot afford to spend the equivalent of a months take home pay to volunteer for the club at 2 away games in under a month.

Yeah that's completely fair. It's not the cost for me, it's the fact that it's such a short timescale and there's no way if get it off from work. Mind you I've not had a holiday this year, so that's the only reason I'd probably be able to afford it. Mind you it's not worth it for 2 days most of which is travel.

Here's hoping we got though and get a cheaper and easier tie to get to once more.

Frustrating as I can get the time off work (My boss assumed I would be going) but if we get through I will just have to find other ways of getting there and back but i'm not bankrupting myself for a few 2 day trips (If I do this one Id end up doing them all!)

I am sure their will be pictures from the game via the Perthshire Picture agency who got to Minsk and the club officials can do the twitter and facebook updates so hopefully people who cannot get to the game can at least get some form of updates if there is no TV coverage (There is bound to be none)

Work prevents me from doing this jolly. Having just been off for 3 weeks there is no way I can get even the two days off that this requires. Worst thing is I have just been paid and money wise it aint a problem. Need to hope we get through this and then draw an English team or someone very nearby where I can do a there and back the same day..

Lyon, Inter, Tottenham, PSV all await in the next round. We simply have to make it

I was a bit bored, so heres a prospective group we could end up in...

Inter Milan

Everton

Wolfsburg

St Johnstone

Lyon, Inter, Tottenham, PSV all await in the next round. We simply have to make it

Inter Milan

Everton

Wolfsburg

St Johnstone

No No No

can you imagine how upset everyone would get about the ticket prices, never mind the cost of getting to all the games :)

I honestly think its 50/50 in this round and with the Slovakians having the home advantage in the second leg I think they must be favourites

No No No

can you imagine how upset everyone would get about the ticket prices, never mind the cost of getting to all the games :)

I honestly think its 50/50 in this round and with the Slovakians having the home advantage in the second leg I think they must be favourites

I suppose, the club would probably have the sheer audacity to offer season ticket holders the first chance to get tickets for the home games. Swine

And yeah I'm getting ahead of myself, its incredibly hard not to peek though

This must be the first time a team's cancelled a league match to help them prepare for a game against us. Looks like we've got Europe worried... 8)

Actually, two games against an Inter Milan type team is enough for sleepless nights let alone six. For a change I'd be glad sides basically stop playing when three or four ahead instead of going for the jugular. Shamrock Rovers were well beaten but not humiliated in their group stage outing so there's hope.

Inter Milan

Everton

Wolfsburg

St Johnstone

Far too early to be coming away with that chat!

I'll stick to dreaming about the play-offs. Some of the teams in there are absolutely outrageous. Imagine drawing Inter Milan or Lyon. Imagine Saints at the San Siro. Saints. In the San Siro. THE SAN SIRO. That is what dreams are made of.

These Slovaks are no mugs. We've got our work cut out but we must believe.

Archived