St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

Yep, just read that too.

I retract my earlier statement of "every man for himself". This is definitely going to create agro. Season tickets seats should NOT be valid for this game. Now me and my mate (potentially 10 of us) are going to have to search around the stand for seats together that don't have a season ticket sticker on them. Ridiculous decision from saints.

Are the stewards going to enforce it? That's madness. It's either a season ticket game or it is not. You have to wonder about this club sometimes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26 quid is a rather obscene amount of money to pay for a Europa League Qualifier. Fair enough if it was Inter Milan in a play-off, but not for this.

If you are a full time worker 9-5 mon-fri then fair enough. I work part-time, I'm a student and there is no student gate. As far as I'm aware, Saints have never done a student gate - which is incredibly fucking stupid considering the Perth College is a 10 minutes walk away and a key group of the target audience is young people and students. Last week I was expected to fork up £27 pounds against Luzern. That's after spending several hundreds to cheer on the team in Switzerland. Pretty shoddy by the club.

Working part time and being a student didn't hamper your trip to Switzerland, so why does it hamper you this week?

Some of our fans are proper seething at what is simply good business. Its a fucking European game, not Hamilton on a Tuesday in December.

Working part time and being a student didn't hamper your trip to Switzerland, so why does it hamper you this week?

You're missing the point. The point is myself and many others like me will have spent hundreds of pounds to watch Saints away in Europe and then we have to fork up 27 quid for the home leg. If you away or not, it's still a lot of money and I don't agree with it. Now they want basically the same again the next week. Then again, how much is it for an adult to see a home league game? Probably too much as well. That's the way it is I suppose.

You're missing the point. The point is myself and many others like me will have spent hundreds of pounds to watch Saints away in Europe and then we have to fork up 27 quid for the home leg. If you away or not, it's still a lot of money and I don't agree with it. Now they want basically the same again the next week. Then again, how much is it for an adult to see a home league game? Probably too much as well. That's the way it is I suppose.

Inbetween the two games the vast majority of people will have been paid. And its only an extra £5 pound on what you pay to watch a home game, so over the course of a week you'll have paid an extra £7 to watch two home European games than you would to watch two home league games, that seems a perfectly acceptable "inflation" considering the difference of importance.

This whole thing just stinks of this "can do no right" attitude some fans seem to be taking against the club all of a sudden, probably entirely based on the fact we haven't signed any senior players.

This whole thing just stinks of this "can do no right" attitude some fans seem to be taking against the club all of a sudden, probably entirely based on the fact we haven't signed any senior players.

Not with me anyway. I've been complaining about ticket prices for years, so nothings changed there. And it is entirely acceptable to criticise the club regarding the seating because they have had a shocker there.

Can't agree that the European games should be part of the season ticket.......Saints season tickets are already very good value in comparison to the rest of the league.

You've just won the Cup and had how many consecutive top 6 finishes?! Get behind the Club and help them kick on!

Can't agree that the European games should be part of the season ticket.......Saints season tickets are already very good value in comparison to the rest of the league.

You've just won the Cup and had how many consecutive top 6 finishes?! Get behind the Club and help them kick on!

Nobody has said they should be, have they?

The fans have. 15,000 at said cup final, season ticket sales up, 1,000 in Switzerland, 8,500 there last Thursday.

The fans have certainly done their bit.

Not with me anyway. I've been complaining about ticket prices for years, so nothings changed there. And it is entirely acceptable to criticise the club regarding the seating because they have had a shocker there.

Prices are too high at every club in the Country, we're forced to charge the prices we do due to the fact other teams are and we need to have a competitive income, and by the fact previous attempts at reducing prices haven't increased the attendances enough to justify it.

And season ticket holders have been complaining about not getting their seats for non-season ticket games for years, so the club have finally listened. Suppose it depends on what side of the fence you sit on though. I don't see any problem with it though, its just the same as finding seats for a league game, except you have to get there earlier than usual

No, I'm not missing any point.

Congratulations on travelling to Switzerland, are you still waiting on the hand written letter of thanks coming from the club? You're making out as if the club owe you a favour.

Let's slash the prices then, tell the police and stewards that although we need more of them, we won't be paying any more than usual. The pie stall suppliers and staff will be fine with that as well.

I agree that in general, football is too expensive.

Saints get no benefit from anyone spending money going to Switzerland, so the idea the prices should be reduced because of that is crazy. Fair enough if folk think it's too expensive (the Rosenborg, FC Minsk and FCL games suggest otherwise though) but using the reasoning that folk have shelled out £500 or whatever in Switzerland is irrelevant. A student can get a season ticket for £150 (less than £8 for each game) too, so really there is little grounds for complaint on that front either.

I don't really see the big issue about ST holders getting their seats either. Take off the away section and there will be over 5,000 unreserved seats across the three stands, just fucking sit in one of those. I think most folk are reasonable and if they turn up 5 minutes from kick-off won't expect to be able to get their seat. You'd need to be a bit of an arsehole to demand someone moves just before the game starts. Conversely, if folk are going in an hour before kick-off, is it that hard not to sit in a seat with a sticker on it? The game should have been ticketed though, if for no other reason than easing the inevitable congestion at the turnstiles. Not sure why they reckoned they didn't have the time to sell tickets.

All this stuff is banal though.

Radford we always have between 300 and 400 in change on turnstiles for big cash gates (that's every turnstile operator). And someone comes round us,all up to 4 or 5 times to give us top up of change if required. The slowing down process is down to idiots who steaming and clearly not under 18 trying to get entry as under 18 etc.

The pricing is fine. Would expect to pay a bit more for a euro game, regardless of opposition. Plus, we still have the incredible adult and kid pricing arrangement.

I think the club are crazy making it a cash gate though. The queuing and congestion and scramble to get in the east stand at the last cash euro games are not ideal. Pretty much just walked straight in on Thursday.

I don't really see the big issue about ST holders getting their seats either. Take off the away section and there will be over 5,000 unreserved seats across the three stands, just fucking sit in one of those. I think most folk are reasonable and if they turn up 5 minutes from kick-off won't expect to be able to get their seat. You'd need to be a bit of an arsehole to demand someone moves just before the game starts. Conversely, if folk are going in an hour before kick-off, is it that hard not to sit in a seat with a sticker on it?

You'd be surprised. I 100% expect people to turn up late and start asking people to get out of their seat. It's definitely going to happen. I remember going to a cup game (where season ticket seats were no valid) and some w****r asked us to move because "it's my seat." It's a cup game we said. "I don't care, it's my seat." This was a full grown man speaking to two young teenagers. That was about 5 years ago now, but if it happened today I'd be telling that c**t to jog on.

So yeah, there is definitely an issue regarding the seating. The opposite would to make season tickets valid for the game but oh, by the way, you won't be able to sit in your usual seat for this one. :lol: They've needlessly made it complicated for everyone. And, for the record, I don't particularly fancy having to turn up an hour early with my mates to find seats - and I'm pretty sure other supporters don't fancy it either.

Saints get no benefit from anyone spending money going to Switzerland, so the idea the prices should be reduced because of that is crazy. Fair enough if folk think it's too expensive (the Rosenborg, FC Minsk and FCL games suggest otherwise though) but using the reasoning that folk have shelled out £500 or whatever in Switzerland is irrelevant. A student can get a season ticket for £150 (less than £8 for each game) too, so really there is little grounds for complaint on that front either.

I don't really see the big issue about ST holders getting their seats either. Take off the away section and there will be over 5,000 unreserved seats across the three stands, just fucking sit in one of those. I think most folk are reasonable and if they turn up 5 minutes from kick-off won't expect to be able to get their seat. You'd need to be a bit of an arsehole to demand someone moves just before the game starts. Conversely, if folk are going in an hour before kick-off, is it that hard not to sit in a seat with a sticker on it? The game should have been ticketed though, if for no other reason than easing the inevitable congestion at the turnstiles. Not sure why they reckoned they didn't have the time to sell tickets.

All this stuff is banal though.

This post is so fucking right I could have posted it myself. Well said Mr Anorak. I salute you :thumsup2

Since 1999, St Johnstone have played 7 home European ties including this one. Suppose they charged £26 for each one. Works out at £13 a year.

None of that really matters though, some moments - like when the full time whistle blew against Rosenberg last season - you cannot put a price on.

One thing that annoys me is the catering at Saints - why is it so fucking difficult to have enough food so it doesn't run out midway through the first half? I went at the start of the first half last game and they'd ran out of several items, no sauce left etc. Completely amateurish, which seems to be somewhat of a theme.

I wasn't saying prices should be lowered because fans traveled...i'm just annoyed there isn't a student gate. It's always bothered me. I'm a moaning p***k when it comes to that but i'm not arsed.

Its quite clear on the website that any student entering the East Stand can show a valid ID card and get in for £15. Maybe you should stop concocting reasons to cry and learn to read

Archived