St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don;t get too ahead of yersels lads, this next round is going to be a tough.

All the best

This. Precisely this. Some people on WAP predicting we'll pump them. Not a hope IMO. We need to be winning our home game with a clean sheet to give us a good chance over there, but it could easily go the wrong way (see FC Minsk last season...)

Professional attitude required. Feel them out for the first half hour and try to get ahead at some point in the home leg. Clean sheet almost essential at home.

Doubt you lot will be interested now, but Luzern took a pumping yesterday, gubbed 3-0 away to Basel. Head coach needs to win the next 3 or 4 matches or he'll be gone.

Standard issue with continental European football supporters. Tend to be very vocal and put on a good show, but also always have an element of stabby nutters.

Seems to be the case everywhere apart from in the UK, wonder what the reason for that is

As for the behaviour of the away fans, that's pretty standard here in my experience, though Luzern have a reputation for being far less stabby and rioty than a lot of the other away supports. I was in the away end yesterday for Bern v Aarau, and it was 90 minutes of singing, dancing, flags and the odd smoke bomb. Decent entertainment when the game get's a bit dull.

Hopefully it's a bit cooler on Thursday and not just for the fans in the East Stand. Think we would have pressed FCL harder and further up the pitch if it hadn't been so hot. The slight tweak of Caddis coming on played it's part too but thought it was noticeable that we got further up the pitch and were probably the better side for the first time when it got to extra-time and the sun had gone down.

We'll be learning from every European game though. There's every chance Spartak Trnava will be cute in a lot of their play but hopefully we're more able to just ignore that or play around it. Hopefully club get the prices announced today and everyone can start building the game up.

Doubt you lot will be interested now, but Luzern took a pumping yesterday, gubbed 3-0 away to Basel. Head coach needs to win the next 3 or 4 matches or he'll be gone.

It is interesting actually, especially as he appeared to be far more concerned about the league game than pesky little Saints. That he got his comeuppance in both games is quite enjoyable.

They really do have a hard neck up at that club £26 as a one off is just about acceptable but twice in seven days is hard to swallow also neither game has been on the season ticket either they are just squeezing every last penny which as a fan you are never delighted about but on the back of a summer where they haven't signed a single player is utter bullshit.

They really do have a hard neck up at that club £26 as a one off is just about acceptable but twice in seven days is hard to swallow also neither game has been on the season ticket either they are just squeezing every last penny which as a fan you are never delighted about but on the back of a summer where they haven't signed a single player is utter bullshit.

Either this game or Ando's testimonial's 3 days later is going to take a hit. Given the lack of oomph for the Euro game so far, it might well be this one.

Either this game or Ando's testimonial's 3 days later is going to take a hit. Given the lack of oomph for the Euro game so far, it might well be this one.

If it wasn't for the fact I'm following the Ando testimonial feed on twitter, I'd hardly know about that game either!

You'd think so, the Hearts game certainly did last year from memory.

As for the behaviour of the away fans, that's pretty standard here in my experience, though Luzern have a reputation for being far less stabby and rioty than a lot of the other away supports. I was in the away end yesterday for Bern v Aarau, and it was 90 minutes of singing, dancing, flags and the odd smoke bomb. Decent entertainment when the game get's a bit dull.

It is interesting actually, especially as he appeared to be far more concerned about the league game than pesky little Saints. That he got his comeuppance in both games is quite enjoyable.

Echoes of McNamara last season, when he rested players against us so they were fit for Aberdeen, and ended up losing both

It's merely an observation, no need to be so defensive.

Unlucky if you are missing the game though, money must be tight.

If I miss the game it'll be through choice, not lack of money, but I'm touched by your concern <3

I like this from the club

'Season Tickets are NOT valid but season ticket holders wishing to utilise their normal seat should bring their season ticket book with them. Non season ticket holders are asked to sit in any unreserved seat.'

Can't see any problems arising from this whatsoever.

26 quid is a rather obscene amount of money to pay for a Europa League Qualifier. Fair enough if it was Inter Milan in a play-off, but not for this.

If you are a full time worker 9-5 mon-fri then fair enough. I work part-time, I'm a student and there is no student gate. As far as I'm aware, Saints have never done a student gate - which is incredibly fucking stupid considering the Perth College is a 10 minutes walk away and a key group of the target audience is young people and students. Last week I was expected to fork up £27 pounds against Luzern. That's after spending several hundreds to cheer on the team in Switzerland. Pretty shoddy by the club.

Whens everyone planning on heading up? And when will the turnstiles actually be opening? I'll desperately be scrambling for my usual seat you see

If I miss the game it'll be through choice, not lack of money, but I'm touched by your concern <3

I like this from the club

Can't see any problems arising from this whatsoever.

Yep, just read that too.

I retract my earlier statement of "every man for himself". This is definitely going to create agro. Season tickets seats should NOT be valid for this game. Now me and my mate (potentially 10 of us) are going to have to search around the stand for seats together that don't have a season ticket sticker on them. Ridiculous decision from saints.

Archived