St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

Don't fancy Norway again! Trondheim was a complete ghost town, locals couldnt give a monkeys about the Europa league, weather was pish and it's £10 a pint!

Aye I spent £100+ in one night, Jim Spence still owes me one and I got laughed at for being hilariously hungover in the hotel and falling asleep behind the saints ticket table!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the other Minsk team.

Not a strong 10 minutes for you on this thread, mate. :P

Hopefully the Saints do well this season in Europe, did well last season but bottled it especially in pens against that Minsk mob.

It's a mentality thing in Scotland I think, we are actually miles better than some diddy European teams but we always think we are the diddy team.

Player by Player not true - the case is a good example.

Mon the Scots in Europe!

Hopefully the Saints do well this season in Europe, did well last season but bottled it especially in pens against that Minsk mob.

It's a mentality thing in Scotland I think, we are actually miles better than some diddy European teams but we always think we are the diddy team.

Player by Player not true - the case is a good example.

Mon the Scots in Europe!

We should never have lost to that Minsk mob. We outplayed them for 120 minutes in the home leg, they broke up the park once and scored. They were incredibly cynical and with a stronger referee, there's no way they would've had 11 men left on the park. Some of the fouls were horrendous. It really was just one of those nights.

We should never have lost to that Minsk mob. We outplayed them for 120 minutes in the home leg, they broke up the park once and scored. They were incredibly cynical and with a stronger referee, there's no way they would've had 11 men left on the park. Some of the fouls were horrendous. It really was just one of those nights.

Nice one Kyle, got told a similar story off a guy in work last season but that's just football.

Hopefully the Saints do us proud.

All the best in Europe.

That night still haunts me. I have no idea how we went out to that mob. Looking forward to another trip away although i haven't had a proper summer holiday in two years now due to generally being a big pisshead when we've been away and spunking silly amounts of money. The bird wants to go to Vegas at the end of the year and i don't think she's taken the news very well that will be a no go if we go on a run. Somewhere cheap this year

Hope you do well in Europe and make the group stages at minimum. :thumsup2

We're going for the trophy, nevermind the group stages. The least we expect from the World Famous.

We're going for the trophy, nevermind the group stages. The least we expect from the World Famous.

Me likes this attitude Kyle, let's hope the squad goes into their ties with that approach. :)

I really want to go to the away game this year, it would be typical if it was some awful place

I really want to go to the away game this year, it would be typical if it was some awful place

Yeah definitely try, it's one of these things that whilst we may have done 3 times now in a row, you just know it could easily be another 50 years for another opportunity to come around. I've already said I'll be going if it's accessible with or without my dearest father this year. So if there is anyone up for meeting a randomer and having a good old swally get in touch. :lol:

Yeah definitely try, it's one of these things that whilst we may have done 3 times now in a row, you just know it could easily be another 50 years for another opportunity to come around. I've already said I'll be going if it's accessible with or without my dearest father this year. So if there is anyone up for meeting a randomer and having a good old swally get in touch. :lol:

Yeah me and my dad joked about it last year, and then of course we actually made it. I've not made any holiday plans this year, and we're genuinely going to try if its a reasonable price and that. Do feel like we'll stop qualifying eventually (surely?), so best to go while we can

A guy with us spent about £400+ on the first night and then put his card behind the bar at the Piano Bar the second night before he got chucked out for being too drunk!

Not sure if it's the same guy but a boy I know was in there spending fortunes he was buying me shot after shot in the night before the game and yet I still manged to spend £300 in two days.

I'm just hoping for somewhere cheap so I can definitely go.

Best ask early before everyone else does - any idea of draw dates and dates ties to be played?

The draw is the 23rd of June and the matches are the 17th and 24th of July.

I hope we draw a beatable side with the first leg at home to build on the cup final feel good factor as well as getting our home winning record back on track. I've no doubt we'll be the unseeded team all the big guys will want to avoid though. 8)

Not sure if it's the same guy but a boy I know was in there spending fortunes he was buying me shot after shot in the night before the game and yet I still manged to spend £300 in two days.

I'm just hoping for somewhere cheap so I can definitely go.

Could be. He's from up this way. Must have bought every single person in the Three Lions a pint or two. He was just handing them out to everyone.

Archived