St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

I wouldn't be expecting too much more from O'Halloran. He's not a promising youngster like Scott Brown who didn't really settle in England so came back.He was 23 in January and came through a then Premier League youth system, gaining League One experience on loan at 3 clubs and Scotland caps at U21 and other under age levels. It suggests someone who has more or less developed as much as he can.

I like O'Halloran but I suspect he's destined to be one of those guys with bags of pace and skill but little end product. A frustration. A good squad player for a club like Saints but not one that's going to blossom into a great player now.

In some ways he has a lot in common with Croft. Given who we are I'm glad they're both on board though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be expecting too much more from O'Halloran. He's not a promising youngster like Scott Brown who didn't really settle in England so came back.He was 23 in January and came through a then Premier League youth system, gaining League One experience on loan at 3 clubs and Scotland caps at U21 and other under age levels. It suggests someone who has more or less developed as much as he can.

I like O'Halloran but I suspect he's destined to be one of those guys with bags of pace and skill but little end product. A frustration. A good squad player for a club like Saints but not one that's going to blossom into a great player now.

In some ways he has a lot in common with Croft. Given who we are I'm glad they're both on board though.

He reminds me of Haber, to be honest. Physically good enough but the mental side of things is weak. Theres still plenty of time for him to learn though

:lol: I'm not saying he's at the same level of Haber, he's clearly better. But he seems naive when it comes to positioning and decision making, which is something that always stood out with Haber aswell

O'Halloran gets the ball and gets us up the field. He very rarely losses possession, he'll play in games where we're expected to be soaking up pressure. In games where we're having to attack teams, Croft will start the majority of the time.

As 7-2 said, we should be glad that we've got them both. The offer different things from the same position.

But Scott Brown :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: needs another mention, just because.

Just remembered after watching a video of the penalties that the referee sent back the player who had come up to take their 2nd penalty and their goal scorer was forced to come forward and take it, which he missed. Why would the ref have sent that guy back? Do both teams need to submit a list of their first 5 penalty takers and must they stick strictly to that? Would be interesting to know exactly what went on there.

Finally, enormous credit to the Luzern fans. That's easily the most impressive 'support' of your team I have ever seen. You'll never see anything like that in Scotland.

They certainly were something else.

Not too keen on anyone filming them etc. A Swiss photographer warned us all before hand not to take any close up pictures as they have had Swiss police pose as photographers to track members of this ultra group.

They were like this for all 120 minutes and it explains why there were a lot of broken seats in that section.

They certainly were something else.

Not too keen on anyone filming them etc. A Swiss photographer warned us all before hand not to take any close up pictures as they have had Swiss police pose as photographers to track members of this ultra group.

Police Scotland were filming them quite openly at various points during the game where their behaviour was pretty disgusting.

After their goal in particular a number were extremely aggressive towards the Saints fans next to them, who looked to me to be mostly families and pensioners.

At least one family that I saw - a mother, father and daughter - were forced to move in the aftermath, so while we're praising them for the way they supported their team, let's not ignore the fact that there was a sizeable minority of horrible c***s in there too, who quite frankly deserved to be filmed.

Heard there was a bit of argy bargy in loft as well between the fans. So going by wendywhos comment above it would suggest that both sets of supporters have an idiot element in them.

For what it's worth I got on with the swiss boys, went as far as adding one on fb. That's probably because I'm a likeable, soond c**t tbh.

Lucern fans were tremendous - that is how to support your team.

Probably helps that they were all young lads - not old buggers women or kids.

To be honest, I couldn't be fucked doing that every week. Especially if it's -2 and your at home to killie.

Standard issue with continental European football supporters. Tend to be very vocal and put on a good show, but also always have an element of stabby nutters.

Archived