St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North Stand tickets on sale for Thursday night as only a few seats in front rows remain in East and West Stands.

Its looking promising for us to break the 10,000 mark, pretty sure I read somewhere Luzern would be close to our away crowd, so around 800 or so. I can't remember where I seen that though

I felt all along that unless we had a disastrous result in Switzerland we could sell this game out.

Each European seems to be bigger, I hope this isn't the last one for a while as they are always a highlight and a great way to start the season off.

Seems to me that our European opponents tend to overestimate the number of fans who will attend, so I hope we get access to any unsold tickets. I was certainly expecting more EsEs and Rosenborg fans over the last couple of seasons.

Probably this game

I'm amazed at how upset some are getting because they have not been told how many tickets have been sold. if the club don't want to tell anyone its their business.

What was the occasion to draw a crowd like that?

Cannot wait for this. Really hope we break that 10,000 mark - never been to a Saints game in which we've done so and missed the European games last season so very excited for this one.

Seems to me that our European opponents tend to overestimate the number of fans who will attend, so I hope we get access to any unsold tickets. I was certainly expecting more EsEs and Rosenborg fans over the last couple of seasons.

It was impossible for more EsEs fans to come over due to visa issues and Rosenborg brought around the number they suggested they would, mainly being sponsors who were a great laugh the night before the game in Perth with our cheap drink. I was told by one of the sponsors that many of their fans would be waiting on the group stages before travelling and that worked out well for them.

From what I've seen in the last couple of years, Swiss teams don't travel well in general. I think with the weather being 10-15c cooler in Perth you should be able to play at a far higher tempo which will hopefully cause them problems.

Didn't realise before it that Luzern had signed 2 new centre backs, but it was reassuring to see that they are still utterly shite at dealing with set peices and balls played into the box.

ETA - I see they are drawing 1-1 with Sion. Last season there was a 3 or 4 month period where Sion were one of the worst teams I have ever seen, pretty much the Swiss Hibs during that spell. They just got lucky that Lausanne were the Swiss East Stirling. Not sure how many changes Sion have made over the summer but early signs are that Luzern won't be finishing 4th again this season.

Great thanks. Here's hoping they maintain the Swiss tradition.

Club working really hard on official social media channels to push this match. Some of the best people involved with Saints are the volunteers who do it all for very little.

The banners on the Facebook page towards the final indicating how many tickets had been sold was exciting and kept the build up busy. Maybe they'll do something like this again for the next two days?

What was the occasion to draw a crowd like that?

Rangers were on course to win the league that night, although I think the Celtic result the day before secured it for them. We only had the West Stand but it was filled with Rangers fans and the whole atmosphere was horrible. The police and stewards were dreadful and a lot of Saints fans were left pissed off by the whole thing, with over 100 seats damaged. Our home crowds against the Old Firm dropped significantly after that match.

I did wonder if it was that night

I remember their being Rangers fans threating Saints supporters at full time as they wanted to have a party and when I contacted both Saints, the Police and the Ibrox club getting letters from all 3 with everyone blaming each other. Martin Bain from Rangers said they were not their supporters as they only had tickets for the North, East and Ormond stands. I think it was the same template that Mr Bain used after Manchester etc.

Rangers were on course to win the league that night, although I think the Celtic result the day before secured it for them. We only had the West Stand but it was filled with Rangers fans and the whole atmosphere was horrible. The police and stewards were dreadful and a lot of Saints fans were left pissed off by the whole thing, with over 100 seats damaged. Our home crowds against the Old Firm dropped significantly after that match.

Oh dear, how tragic. Isn't the same when the ground isn't full of saintees.

That was a vile night, I remember a steward being punched and thrown when on the stairs in the east stand and the police doing f**k all, it was awful to watch.

Have to laugh at the message on the FC Luzern Facebook page, where someone has told them the reason there is no TV coverage over here is because of the Commonwealth Games. If only they knew...

6500 sold apparently.

Seems odd the way they've worded it. That doesn't include any tickets sold in the away end or in hospitality. Only 2500 tickets actually left which would suggest anything between 6500 and 8000 is the actual current total!

Archived