St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is absolutely the last thing I want.

Minsk are in there as well...grudge match?

It's the other Minsk team.

Not a strong 10 minutes for you on this thread, mate. :P

3 three years in a row! Has any other club of our size achieved such a feat?

In fact, bar Celtic and Motherwell, I don't recall any club achieving Europe three years in a row in the last 10-20 years?

In fact, bar Celtic and Motherwell, I don't recall any club achieving Europe three years in a row in the last 10-20 years?

Rangers, Hearts?

Kilmarnock I think late 90s did 3 in a row.

That's about it though.

Clubs with streaks of 3+ seasons in Europe since the start of the 90s.

Rangers (22*). 1990/91 - 2011/12

Celtic (20). 1995/96 - 2014/15

Dundee Utd (3). 2010/11 - 2012/13

Hibs (3+). 2004/05 - 2006/07

Kilmarnock (3). 1997/98 - 1999/00

Motherwell (3). 2008/09 - 2010/11 & 2012/13 - 2014/15

St Johnstone (3). 2012/13 - 2014/15.

*This was actually part of a run of 31 seasons starting in 1981/82.

+Includes Intertoto Cup.

Okay, enough about other clubs European streaks. Lets look at the potential ties. From FB:

IF Elfsborg, AIK Stolkholm or IFK Göteborg (Sweden), Tromsø IL, Rosenborg BK or Molde FK (Norway), FH Hafnarfjardar (Iceland), Esbjerg fB (Denmark), FC Groningen (Netherlands), Hapoel Tel-Aviv (Israel), Dinamo Bucuresti (Romania), Hajduk Split (Croatia) or Dinamo Minsk (Belarus)

Some really good teams in there. Quite a few from Sweden and Norway. A trip to Tromsø IL would be good, they've just been relegated and they are based in the Arctic Circle ffs :lol:

Hadjuk Split would be absolutely insane. Great ground too

Poljud_panorama_2.jpg

Or how about a trip to AIK?

328382.20130428123927.jpg

Oo-err.

My pals mothers from tromso and he's up there around the time of the Europa games visiting family, pretty sure I could just crash on there couch in that instance

Split is wonderful, the locals take their football really seriously as well. I remember being there when Hadjuk were playing and walking into a pub and having to ask for one of the 4 or 5 televisions to be turned so we could watch Chelsea against someone, then later these Spanish lassies wanted to watch Real Madrid and again had to ask.

Wouldn't mind FC Groningen, off there in a fortnight to play in an International tournament for the second year. Great wee university city and very welcoming locals. It's also easy and cheap to get to. Flights from Edinburgh to Amsterdam Schiphol airport where you get two hour train direct for only 24 euro.

Wouldn't mind FC Groningen, off there in a fortnight to play in an International tournament for the second year. Great wee university city and very welcoming locals. It's also easy and cheap to get to. Flights from Edinburgh to Amsterdam Schiphol airport where you get two hour train direct for only 24 euro.

I was thinking that would also be a great away tie. Cracking stadium.

groot_GroningenEuropapark24.jpg

Archived