• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit like your team ?

We need less ex Hearts shit not more..........debt ridden Eastern European loving gypsy types IMO

That is just wrong.

The song clearly states that Skacel for example is a "fucking refugee"

HTH ;)

Wrong Gary. It's the Holt variety who'll arrive at RP following Falkirk now being out of the play off race.

There will be movement between Rugby Park and TFS this summer. However it will be James Fowler going the other way as player/coach rather than anything else.

• 1 month later...

Great to have a managerial team with such a sterling record of success in last season's Premiership. Impossible that we'll fail IMO.

Opposed to when we appointed Mixu Paatelainen who struggled at (albeit basket case club) Hibs? Or when we appointed Kenny Shiels who had limited success as a manager in part-time leagues and no full-time managerial experience whatsoever? Or when we gave the job to Bobby Williamson who had no managerial record whatsoever?

All three of those appointments garnered a level of success one-way-or-another. Whose to say that Clark wasn't the bad influence and Locke won't implement some positive changes at the club?

Mixu Paatelainen's "struggles" at Hibs resulted in two top six finishes. Having no track record is surely better than having a track record of failure? If you're asked to choose between two rooms, and Room A contains a pack of rabid wolves while the Room B is a total mystery, then surely you'd be happier taking the risk on Room B? If it's Zooey Deschanel in there then you're laughing, while if it's a hungry lion then you're still not any worse off than if you picked Room A.

Locke obviously had his hands tied behind his back to some extent at Hearts, but his tactics were baffling throughout the season and he only achieved a modicum of success when he stumbled upon a sensible formation at the tail end of the season. I've heard a couple of folk with connections to Hearts saying that the reason he was sacked was basically that he was considered utterly useless as a coach, and that his main skill was man-management. That sounds pretty much the same as Johnston.

This season is a big opportunity for us - for the first time in a while we are probably a top-six side budget-wise, and it would be a shame if that went to waste because we put ourselves in a position of gambling that two negatives make a positive. Sacking the manager and bringing in a completely new management team would seem like a better use of our resources than trying sign someone like Goodwillie.

Opposed to when we appointed Mixu Paatelainen who struggled at (albeit basket case club) Hibs? Or when we appointed Kenny Shiels who had limited success as a manager in part-time leagues and no full-time managerial experience whatsoever? Or when we gave the job to Bobby Williamson who had no managerial record whatsoever?

All three of those appointments garnered a level of success one-way-or-another. Whose to say that Clark wasn't the bad influence and Locke won't implement some positive changes at the club?

Why bother asking him? He's the most negative person on these forums, barely has a good word to say about anything and his Twitter feed contains nothing but moans and sarcasm. He's the Mark Lawrenson of Scottish football.

Things can surely only get better after last season and like most fans I'm prepared to support the management and players in the year ahead.

Why bother asking him? He's the most negative person on these forums, barely has a good word to say about anything and his Twitter feed contains nothing but moans and sarcasm. He's the Mark Lawrenson of Scottish football.

Things can surely only get better after last season and like most fans I'm prepared to support the management and players in the year ahead.

Agreed. I'm sure some will say "things will only get worse under Locke and AJ" but I'm also willing to give them a fresh start. We have so many new things happening at the club this summer, and we should all be drawing a line under last season and looking forward to a new dawn.

His signings last summer were poor on the whole, but this summers targets that are coming out in the press are positive. It's easy to be negative about everything, but what we need is some positivity around the club now. Look what happened at Easter Road on the final day when we had a united support behind us... I have no doubt that the positive reaction from the crowd throughout that game helped push the players on.

Mixu Paatelainen's "struggles" at Hibs resulted in two top six finishes. Having no track record is surely better than having a track record of failure? If you're asked to choose between two rooms, and Room A contains a pack of rabid wolves while the Room B is a total mystery, then surely you'd be happier taking the risk on Room B? If it's Zooey Deschanel in there then you're laughing, while if it's a hungry lion then you're still not any worse off than if you picked Room A.

Locke obviously had his hands tied behind his back to some extent at Hearts, but his tactics were baffling throughout the season and he only achieved a modicum of success when he stumbled upon a sensible formation at the tail end of the season. I've heard a couple of folk with connections to Hearts saying that the reason he was sacked was basically that he was considered utterly useless as a coach, and that his main skill was man-management. That sounds pretty much the same as Johnston.

This season is a big opportunity for us - for the first time in a while we are probably a top-six side budget-wise, and it would be a shame if that went to waste because we put ourselves in a position of gambling that two negatives make a positive. Sacking the manager and bringing in a completely new management team would seem like a better use of our resources than trying sign someone like Goodwillie.

I must have missed when you described AJ as a "man-manager", because all I read from you last season was how he couldn't inspire anyone.

Archived