• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/476592/Locke-heading-back-to-Killie

The former Hearts manager, brutally sacked in last weekend’s Tynecastle cull, is in line for a coaching job at Rugby Park.

It’s understood the one-time skipper of the Ayrshire club would consider an offer to join manager Allan Johnston’s backroom team, and that a decision will be made this week.

Locke and Johnston were together as players at both the Jambos and Killie, and know each other well.

And with Kilmarnock keen to beef up their coaching department teaming up once more would suit all concerned.

Locke is still reeling from his Tynecastle exit but doesn’t want to be out of the game for long and Rugby Park offers him a prime role at a club he served so well. Ironically, the 38-year-old picked up the Premiership manager of the month award, left, 48 hours after he had been sacked by the Jambos, following three wins and a draw in April.

Locke said: “I’m hoping to get back involved as quickly as possible because football is all I’ve really known and all I’ve ever done. Maybe I’ve done enough to impress people

Taking into account that the sports writer with the Scottish Express is MJ's best pal, this must have some legitimacy.

Good luck to Gary Locke - I don't think he did anything wrong this season. Deserves credit for how he got a youth team to perform in the top flight. Are Killie the Ayrshire Jambos?

Is that meant to be an insult? Seems a bit UKIPish.

With regard to Locke, I look forward to seeing him in management if only to see if this season has improved him as a manager. When he was first appointed I thought he was struggling but good managers learn from both their mistakes and their circumstances and there couldn't have been a more difficult situation in which to learn than with Hearts this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up at a middling lower league team in England.

What a horrendous comment.

Hiya Nick hiya pal.

Oh grow up you lot , a wee jibe at the Hearts fans with no malice intended and you cry crocodile tears .

It's along the lines of sister shagging comments directed at the Ayrshire country bumpkins from the city club fans only more accurate on 2 points ( at the moment ) as for the gypsy part I,ll retract it

Also who is Nick ?

Oh grow up you lot , a wee jibe at the Hearts fans with no malice intended and you cry crocodile tears .

It's along the lines of sister shagging comments directed at the Ayrshire country bumpkins from the city club fans only more accurate on 2 points ( at the moment ) as for the gypsy part I,ll retract it

Also who is Nick ?

It was racist, or at best xenophobic.

Well done.

Also who is Nick ?

Griffin?

Not given another contract is effectively sacked. He lost his job and never got another contract.

It's nothing personal.

I've not once heard of a player who is not getting another contract referred to as being "sacked".

That fuckin' voice, man.

Locke, to his credit, did in the end get Hearts playing well and picking up points.

Sorta like lockin a stable door efter a horse has boltid like eh.

Locke, to his credit, did in the end get Hearts playing well and picking up points.

Sorta like lockin a stable door efter a horse has boltid like eh.

Fair point. I would have gone for a different option to replace him though. D'ye ken that guy fae Blackpool that...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/476592/Locke-heading-back-to-Killie

Taking into account that the sports writer with the Scottish Express is MJ's best pal, this must have some legitimacy.

Burns has been getting less and less from MJ.

Would be surprised with locke. Him and mj have history

Clark will be gone though. That's a certainty.

Nowhere near as much as locke.

Clark will be gone, whether he's replaced by locke I'm unsure.

Clark going will be the first step in AJ trying to win over fans. It would be interesting to see if Sandy Clark's departure meant a change in style.

Archived