Pre-Season Friendlies 2014/15

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jags will inevitably start with a very enjoyable trip to the North of England followed by a few away trips to the likes of Dumbarton, Stirling and Clyde. Hopefully we'll get a decent home friendly to round it off

Jags will inevitably start with a very enjoyable trip to the North of England followed by a few away trips to the likes of Dumbarton, Stirling and Clyde. Hopefully we'll get a decent home friendly to round it off

I have a feeling we'll get you lot at Forthbank

Rumour of us playing Whitley Bay away which would be a top excuse for a piss-up. Would love to play an established English league club away and a Premier League or decent Championship side at home.

Dumbarton, Clyde and Stirling away is more likely though.

Yeah I think we were supposed to be playing Bayer Leverkusen originally but then they went and sacked their Finnish manager so the organisers withdrew their invitation :lol:

Helsinki looks fantastic, bit too expensive for an away day booze up though. :(

York city just confirmed they are playing us in a tour of Scotland

They must have gotten us to agree to that before we became World Famous. I'd expect The world's elite to be lining up shortly to take us on.

More seriously, decent level of opposition for a friendly just before we play in Europe.

Edit: I've just realised this is plum between the two European matches. A good run out for the fringe players/kids then :rolleyes:

They must have gotten us to agree to that before we became World Famous. I'd expect The world's elite to be lining up shortly to take us on.

More seriously, decent level of opposition for a friendly just before we play in Europe.

Edit: I've just realised this is plum between the two European matches. A good run out for the fringe players/kids then :rolleyes:

Remember the two managers are Ulstermen, Wright & Worthington. City's other game is at Raith. Played each other before when Nacho Novo was unleashed on Scottish football

Morecambe v Dundee - 19th July.

Can't wait should be a cracking day out. :thumsup2

Morecombe sounds like a decent dat out. It's somewhere I'd like us to go during pre-season.

Would imagine we'll play someone in the north-west of England again. Hartlepool would be good, I'd imagine.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't play at least two of Dumbarton, Clyde and Stirling Albion away.

Archived