Greenock Juniors

youngportman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ what is it with beith fans first poor wee fauldhouse then rutherglen, now greenock , aren't scared to have a go are they.

Football is about results and you play to win . So gang or no gang they have earned the rite to be in the league.

Also that's why u have refs and lino's to spot the kicks and dirty tricks

The gang/dirtiest team in the league nonsense about Greenock is ridiculous, they do what they can to win games-end of!

I do agree about Ravenscraig though, watched games there for around 11 years, not my favourite ground.

I think a gang is harsh but let's not pretend they don't get stuck in and make life difficult for the opposition, they do as i witnessed myself when we played them. They also have two or three good players who know how to play.

This is junior football not every team is capable of free flowing football, sometimes teams just do what they have to do to get results even if it's ugly.

Junior football is littered with teams through the years who take a more robust approach

Unfortunately this thread has turned into greenock taking a battering for their style of play, rather than recognition of the good work mooney, his staff and players have put in to take greenock from being a central 2nd team into a team that won the league last year and looks set to stay in this one.

Read the comments in last nights paper and can understand his decision. He's done a terrific job at greenock and all the best to him!

Some very very harsh comments here IMO.

To suggest they are a gang is ludicrous, after playing them twice i feared the worst for them staying in division, so for them to turn it around the way they did deserves massive credit.

Well done to all involved at Greenock.

Was shocked to hear the news of Stephen's departure, the changes at Greenock over the last few seasons on and off the park have been excellent and the progress the club has made is there to be seen, it would be a pity if it all goes pear shaped and the club goes into free fall.

played them twice this season, first game was even and either team could have won, second game was a total different ball game with greenock simply out to kick everything that moved and argue and moan about every decision. they have some.good players so im not suprised they stayed up.

I was at the Greenock v Glencairn match earlier in the season and there was no hint of a physical approach from Greenock that I can recall in that match. From what I am told by everybody I've spoken to who was present at the return match last Wednesday night, and from watching the video, they did appear to be extremely physical.

Greenock won the game earlier in the season when there was no sign of over-physicality, but lost the game this week in which they appeared to adopt a very physical approach.

Archived