Twenty years ago today

ICTChris

Thistle chairman Jock MacDonald had more than a hint of Mafioso about him. As you say, he had very strong links with SFA. Was well known to not spend any money whatsoever on his club though. Pretty sure the main stand at ICT's ground is named after him, right?

Thistle chairman Jock MacDonald had more than a hint of Mafioso about him. As you say, he had very strong links with SFA. Was well known to not spend any money whatsoever on his club though. Pretty sure the main stand at ICT's ground is named after him, right?

Jags were as good as sunk financially; Jock Mcdonald saw the opportunity to gain a bit of personal kudos and at the same time as kill off Caley by pushing for merged club. Caley could easily have got into the league on their own, no doubt about it. Particulary with their Scottish Cup record throughout the 80s and early 90s. McDonald must really have hated Caley. Check out the video between Caley and St johnstone on you Tube. Billy Urquhart is substituted with about 20 minutes to go. The whole stand rises to their feet to give The Legend an ovation bar the Fat Jaggie with a cigar who sits with his hands in his pocket. There again, maybe he was trying to find his wallet.

Mr Caldwell, perchance???

The Dave C probably gave it away, Thought it went down in history as the best planned merger, what they have achieved in terms of league status was quite amazing from the time of two highland league teams, my opinion there should be more mergers to build stronger teams in a viable catchment area. Hearts and Hibs OOOH!

The Dave C probably gave it away, Thought it went down in history as the best planned merger, what they have achieved in terms of league status was quite amazing from the time of two highland league teams, my opinion there should be more mergers to build stronger teams in a viable catchment area. Hearts and Hibs OOOH!

We'll agree to disagree on that one Mr Caldwell!!!! You coaching at Rossvale.

We'll agree to disagree on that one Mr Caldwell!!!! You coaching at Rossvale.

Yes up at Rossvale, its a bit of a sleeping giant, still pondering on what the future holds in terms of football direction, did a lot of things related to the game last year, was looking to get into a decent level of management, but still unknown in these parts which seems to limit what I can achieve, if no one gives me a chance. Was offered a decent non league job in England last year, through a old contact, but would have meant moving house and jobs and was a risk with a one year deal!

Yes up at Rossvale, its a bit of a sleeping giant, still pondering on what the future holds in terms of football direction, did a lot of things related to the game last year, was looking to get into a decent level of management, but still unknown in these parts which seems to limit what I can achieve, if no one gives me a chance. Was offered a decent non league job in England last year, through a old contact, but would have meant moving house and jobs and was a risk with a one year deal!

Gad to hear that you have got into coaching.........you never did get around to sending me your football CV we spoke about on the phone around 18 months ago! Dave M

Gad to hear that you have got into coaching.........you never did get around to sending me your football CV we spoke about on the phone around 18 months ago! Dave M

I thought it was you based in Edinburgh and a Caley Fan!!! Gave up on Junior its a closed shop, interesting I applied for the Pollok and Rob Roy jobs and was overlooked, both got relegated, you would think someone would put two and two together, but not to worry, will keep in touch. Dave

I thought it was you based in Edinburgh and a Caley Fan!!! Gave up on Junior its a closed shop, interesting I applied for the Pollok and Rob Roy jobs and was overlooked, both got relegated, you would think someone would put two and two together, but not to worry, will keep in touch. Dave

Have sent you a pm

Archived