Queens Park 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens park always churn out young players who go onto better things it's just the way it is. They always dip into the juniors ranks and find players that suit their style of play. Promote youth is the best way. Only thing I have heard down this way regarding young junior players is the Troon fullback Armstrong being watched and a centre back from maybole Maxwell. Big changes this year for the spiders I think.

Stenhousemuir had him on loan in 2011-12, Davie Irons had taken him from Partick Thistle for a couple of months. Comfortably the most limited player I've ever seen at Ochilview, in pretty much every aspect. Apparently he'd been a rugby player for most of his youth until switching to football in his early teens. Surprised he's been offered terms at a senior club again to be honest, but maybe he's improved a lot since then. I can only hope so, anyway.

Wrong Shaun Fraser, was in queens park youth team, before going to Ross county youth, under Gardiner, then Juniors, Petershill/Ashfield/Irvine-Meadow/plays centre mid/attack or can play forward position.

Stenhousemuir had him on loan in 2011-12, Davie Irons had taken him from Partick Thistle for a couple of months. Comfortably the most limited player I've ever seen at Ochilview, in pretty much every aspect. Apparently he'd been a rugby player for most of his youth until switching to football in his early teens. Surprised he's been offered terms at a senior club again to be honest, but maybe he's improved a lot since then. I can only hope so, anyway.

Yeah, different Fraser. The one QP are interested in is a winger, formerly of Ashfield.

Don't think the Fraser you're talking about is playing football anymore.

Any truth that they maybe considering changing there Amateur status.

The threat of the pyramid system. (relegation)

I've only heard this from fans of other clubs on here. Makes no sense anyway. We've finished bottom twice in our history as an amateur club, so part-time status hasn't exactly helped the bottom club on the overwhelming number of occasions.

Metro this morning reporting that Blair Spittal is off to join the ex-spider colony at the Arabs.

If that is the case then I hope we do the decent thing and offer up a suitable amount of compensation to QP. Thompson seems to be a bit of a tosser when it comes to doing this though.

You guys must be doing something right to be bringing through these players on a consistent basis - played.

If that is the case then I hope we do the decent thing and offer up a suitable amount of compensation to QP. Thompson seems to be a bit of a tosser when it comes to doing this though.

You guys must be doing something right to be bringing through these players on a consistent basis - played.

I mind there being a bit of a to-do last year when Robertson and Connelly went to United. Hopefully if Spittal goes to you it'll be handled a bit better.

Obviously a shame from a QP point of view, but can't stop the boy from progressing. He had a great start to last season but was dragged down by the dross as the year went on. I can't imagine he'd have the same inpact at United as Roberston has, but certainly a prospect.

I mind there being a bit of a to-do last year when Robertson and Connelly went to United. Hopefully if Spittal goes to you it'll be handled a bit better.

Obviously a shame from a QP point of view, but can't stop the boy from progressing. He had a great start to last season but was dragged down by the dross as the year went on. I can't imagine he'd have the same inpact at United as Roberston has, but certainly a prospect.

Yeah at the very least a reasonable nominal fee plus a percentage of any sell on fee. Would Robertson have been noticably further forward in his development than Spittal when he left?

Yeah at the very least a reasonable nominal fee plus a percentage of any sell on fee. Would Robertson have been noticably further forward in his development than Spittal when he left?

Robertson had certainly been a more consistent performer over the season before he left, although he was playing in a much better team. That said, I don't think anyone expected him to go straight into the United first team.

Archived