Queens Park 2014/2015 Season Thread

I've never seen the boy play but going by the wingers at both Dundee clubs, the lad is likely to have a better chance of first team football at Dundee.

He's pish anyway. A lone reasonable performer (who himself tailed off) in an absolute holocaust of a season for QP.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen the boy play but going by the wingers at both Dundee clubs, the lad is likely to have a better chance of first team football at Dundee.

More of an attacking right back IMO. Felt he only got pushed forward due to a desparate shortage of options and he scored a few goals. Whats your cover like at right back ?

More of an attacking right back IMO. Felt he only got pushed forward due to a desparate shortage of options and he scored a few goals. Whats your cover like at right back ?

We currently have two right backs at the club. We have Gary Irvine who's future is uncertain but the fans believe he has a year option since we got promoted to the top league. He's clearly out of his depth at the top level going by his performances last season and when he was at St Johnstone.

The second player is Cammy Kerr. He's 18 and a real exciting prospect. Played well in his few appearances this season. Composed on the ball and can pick a pass. He's a Dundee fan also so he wears his heart on his sleeve. He's rumoured to be available for loan though which I think is ridiculous. He's good enough to play week in, week out in the premiership IMO.

So I doubt the lad Spitall will be used as a right back if he signs for us. Hartleys favoured formation is a 4-2-3-1 so I'm guessing he would be in the 3 behind the striker. Could he cut it in that position in the premiership?

Bags of potential. He scored a good few for us cutting in from the left wing onto his right but I can see him playing centre mid in the future. Full time, higher standard, getting a bit more consistency, he's got a real chance. Needs to be playing regularly, though. No point moving on and sitting on the cliché.

Hartleys favoured formation is a 4-2-3-1 so I'm guessing he would be in the 3 behind the striker. Could he cut it in that position in the premiership?

I would say that he'd be more suited to that sort of advanced role. It's tough to judge whether he could make the step up. He's certainly a very able player and stands a chance if he gets the head down and works hard. I don't think anyone would have envisaged Robertson making the strides that he has, so you just never know.

So I doubt the lad Spitall will be used as a right back if he signs for us. Hartleys favoured formation is a 4-2-3-1 so I'm guessing he would be in the 3 behind the striker. Could he cut it in that position in the premiership?

At the moment almost certainly not, in my opinion anyway. Don't want to judge him too harshly as he was in a far worse team than Robertson, Connolly or Shankland, but he's not at their level yet.

Full time training would do him the world of good, and he has got bags of potential, but for me you would be looking at loaning him out first.

We seem to be on the up as a club and we've gradually started to cherry pick players from the lower leagues. I know it's harsh on you guys as you don't see a substantial fee but credit to QP for consistently producing talented youngsters.

Anyway we don't have a lot of competition in our wide areas. We have Phillip Roberts and Martin Boyle and I'll guess you's will know the latter. We also have Nicky Riley and Ryan Conroy but we're not sure if they will be offered new contracts. I think Riley will be but Conroy won't. That gives the lad a chance if he does sign to get first team football. Obviously we might sign another wiseman but you never know.

Tom Ritchie our fitness coach will get him in top shape, give him his own personalised programme to bulk up etc etc.

I still think he'll join utd due to the recent success of players moving from QP to Utd.

Thanks for another young prospect hopefully we have given you a decent amount of compo to build bridges between our club and its feeder club :thumsup2

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/dundee-united-to-win-race-for-blair-spittal-1.402813

Paul Paton is, of course, another one brought through by our youth set up.

Hey chaps. Any chance of a scout report on Spittal? Usual positions, pace, style, offensive and defensive abilities, attitude, concentration, strength, etc etc.

Cheers

How is Barry Douglass getting on in Poland?

Funnily enough, I met him last night in the QP Club (friend of the stars!!). Loving it in Poland; playing in front of 25-40,000 and the fans, he says, are "something else".

not a regular starter but has played roughly 15 games. Their in the middle of their season

Their season is finished, as it finishes in May like most others, so they're not in the middle of their season!!! Barry played in 18 or 19 games last season for them he told me..

Their season is finished, as it finishes in May like most others, so they're not in the middle of their season!!! Barry played in 18 or 19 games last season for them he told me..

Forgive me judging by his 'wikipedia page' i last saw it a while ago, 3 games out though

Also got them confused with Russia who's season is during summer

Archived