The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Pulis sacked by West Brom. If they cone in for McInnes now can't see him staying.

Bookies don't have him in the running. Neil Lennon is at 20-1. No mention of DM. Canna see West Brom being interested. If they were, they would be off down south in a heartbeat.

Bookies don't have him in the running. Neil Lennon is at 20-1. No mention of DM. Canna see West Brom being interested. If they were, they would be off down south in a heartbeat.

Think he is in the running with a few bookies as he's been backed quite heavily today.

Can't particularly see him being offered the WBA job but you never know. If he is I suspect he will be gone and fair enough, he deserves his shot.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think he is in the running with a few bookies as he's been backed quite heavily today.

Can't particularly see him being offered the WBA job but you never know. If he is I suspect he will be gone and fair enough, he deserves his shot.

I agree 100%. If he somehow got offered that gig, none of us could grudge him the move.

I get the feeling that some fans would be glad to get rid of McInnes but just don't want him going to the ****.
I'm not in agreement with them but also wouldn't grudge him a chance at a bigger team down south. West Brom is definitely a better move than Sunderland.

I made the error of perusing afc chat after Saturday and the narrative there was pretty shocking.

You'd think we were in a relegation battle the way some of them drama queens speak.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I made the error of perusing afc chat after Saturday and the narrative there was pretty shocking.

You'd think we were in a relegation battle the way some of them drama queens speak.

I made a similar error of judgement with Aberdeen Mad

Jesus...

On 11/17/2017 at 15:29, Jute said:

That's what email sent round supporters clubs said. 

I don't get why Supporters Club can't put a ticket order in - still over 400 tickets to be sold!.  Supporters clubs benefits include all members sitting/standing together and in the past they have only made games like this available to those with enough points which is only fair.  Makes me wonder if Aberdeen don't really want supporters clubs?

Edited by betting competition

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I find that twitter, facebook, afc-chat, and also Aberdeen Mad is very negative after a defeat - its always been like that  1 defeat and we are doomed yet 2 wins in a row and we are going to win the league! I don't contribute to any of these social media/forums  these days - here seems to be ok with only 1 or 2 going over the top. 

57 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I like McInnes, but his name wouldn't be even remotely in the frame for the WBA job if he wasn't a former captain. He's not ready for the Premier League. 

Easily our best manager since Fergie and imho he is ready for Premier League but I very much doubt if he will be on the radar with West Brom owners who will want a bigger name. Strange to see him 2nd fav for the job in the bookies. 

On 17/11/2017 at 14:35, DrewDon said:

I'm a big McGinn fan, but I wouldn't be up for paying him over the odds now. We were fortunate to have him at his peak, although his last couple of seasons with us were more variable. I wouldn't mind having him back with us, but not at the expense of, for example, giving Wright an extended run in the team and a chance to grow and mature. I suspect he will come back to Scotland in January, but end up at one of the Edinburgh clubs (probably Hearts). 

Fourteen goals and twelve assists last season.

Bring him home.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Fourteen goals and twelve assists last season.

Bring him home.

After Saturday's showing, I'm now much more inclined to get fully behind the campaign. His statistics are undoubtedly excellent, and I'm sure his loss has contributed to Logan's downturn in form, too. 

3 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

My wife us just home from the primary school she works at. One of the teachers has resigned.

I expect BBC Scotland to be touting Derek McInnes as her replacement.

"Just before her resignation, RecordSport caught up with the teacher to get some thoughts on Derek McInnes' impending return to Rangers." 

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

I don't get why Supporters Club can't put a ticket order in - still over 400 tickets to be sold!.  Supporters clubs benefits include all members sitting/standing together and in the past they have only made games like this available to those with enough points which is only fair.  Makes me wonder if Aberdeen don't really want supporters clubs?

Allocation for first game at Mordor was done that way last year. Must be a nightmare sorting buses for this one.