The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Rooney also 'missed' a penalty away at Motherwell in December last season, although he scored the rebound. McLean, to his credit, is a good deputy; he hasn't missed one for us, which is a bit ironic given how erratic some of his other shooting can be.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't get me wrong he has his faults and I think last season was his worst with us.  When he's not at it at times it can be like playing with a man down.

However as you say his goalscoring record speaks for itself and we've been lucky to have such a consistent goalscorer for so long.

I just dislike the fickle in our support who have to label people as either brilliant or shite.  A lot of people wrote him off as past it etc. 

His first goal on Saturday was a classic of the genre.  Great movement.

Get balls in from wide and Rooney will score goals.  Stevie May was absolutely terrific on Saturday in the way he worked for the team....dropping out wide, pulling defenders around, fighting for every ball, tackling back and putting in some cracking crosses.....the inter-changing with Rooney bamboozled what is one of the better central defences in the league in Anderson and Joe.

Given that Rooney, who runs like he's towing a caravan, outpaced Ambrose and McGregor within 13 seconds at the cup semi-final, I'm looking forward to to May and him getting in about Hibs' defence next Saturday.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

I see the 1,800 tickets for Hibs away sold out in around 3 hours online last night.
Unlucky to anyone who was waiting til today. 

Ffs I forgot they were on sale from yesterday. Take it there's no chance of an extra allocation?

How likely are Hibs to sell out their end?

Guest Bob Mahelp

Hibs home support has been decent this season and against smaller clubs they've only been giving away supports half the 'away' stand..using the rest for Hibs fans.

As I understand it,  for the Dons game they've held off selling tickets in the away stand to Hibs fans...presumably waiting to see if Aberdeen sold out the initial allocation and asked for more.

We've sold 1800 in 3 hours....will we sell another 1800 or more in a public sale if we were given them ? given that we took 7K to Murrayfield, I think we'd get close to it.

8 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm way too disorganised. Do we usually sellout Hibs away? I can't remember ever having to be this on it to get away tickets before (outside the OF).

They used to give us the full stand but assuming its reduced this year with their increased attendances.  We only sold out for Scottish cup fixtures but would quite often be around the 1,800 mark

11 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm way too disorganised. Do we usually sellout Hibs away? I can't remember ever having to be this on it to get away tickets before (outside the OF).

We don't usually play them ;)

Our away support has been much bigger the last couple of years to be fair. 

Edited by shootingboots

We don't usually play them [emoji6]
Our away support has been much bigger the last couple of years to be fair. 

Yeah it must be. Before I went down south I remember I had to be organised to get tickets for Ibrox or Parkhead league games but for run of the mill league games often left it until way later than I could have to buy tickets without ever worrying. Seem to remember Hearts I would get them early as they would go relatively quickly but not within three hours. Great effort from the fans, crucially home attendances increasing as well. I'm going to make sure I'm less lazy in the future.

5 hours ago, shootingboots said:

I see the 1,800 tickets for Hibs away sold out in around 3 hours online last night.

Unlucky to anyone who was waiting til today. 

Another f**k-up from the club like the Cyprus game - no point having loyalty points system if you are not going to use them.  Even if we are poor in the league we would always sell 1800 at Hibs but with them being out of the league for quite a while and Aberdeen on very good form it was always going to be high demand for tickets. 

Going to be a lot of complaints especially those that don't use the internet and have way over 150 points.  At least I'm in a supporters club and not effected but the club have organised decent number of points previous games but this time 20 points only!

Edited by betting competition
errors

Another f**k-up from the club like the Cyprus game - no point having loyalty points system if you are not going to use them.  Even if we are poor in the league we would always sell 1800 at Hibs but with them being out of the league for quite a while and Aberdeen on very good form it was always going to be high demand for tickets. 
Going to be a lot of complaints especially those that don't use the internet and have way over 150 points.  At least I'm in a supporters club and not effected but the club have organised decent number of points previous games but this time 20 points only!

Only other thing I can think is maybe they were told by Hibs we would get more tickets if we sold out within a day or something like that so they put a lower threshold on it in order to shift the tickets and get a larger allocation.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been discussed on the thread.

The Aberdeen For All initiative that allows Dons fans with a few bob to spare help others to get season tickets by chipping in to buy them is the coolest thing in football.

This makes us officially the greatest club in the world.