The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

How are Sunderland a bigger club than Aberdeen?they have not won a trophy or played in Europe for 44 years and just got relegated again.

Ugh I hate the 'bigger club' debate when it descends into historic trophies and attendances.

The simple fact is they operate in a market which far outweighs anything in Scotland and if they do happen to get promoted it goes astronomically beyond Scotland.

Not to mention the huge salary increase for mcinnes personally AND the profile it would give him should he actually get Sunderland promoted.

Not that it doesn't come with risk. If they start the season badly it's not unreasonable that he could be gone by Christmas.

Given they've just sold a keeper for £30m it'd be borderline incompetent if he didn't look our way for Lewis.

Saw some chat about a gentleman's agreement that he'd stay away from our players though.

Given that he'll be sacked after 6 months if he doesn't have Sunderland in the top 4 McInnes would surely sign anyone he thinks can improve his chances of success. I'm not saying that means Shinnie but why would he agree to any 'hands off' clause?

Given that he'll be sacked after 6 months if he doesn't have Sunderland in the top 4 McInnes would surely sign anyone he thinks can improve his chances of success. I'm not saying that means Shinnie but why would he agree to any 'hands off' clause?

Because he's a guid c**t.

12 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

They play in a 40,000 seater stadium, and historically have one of the biggest fan bases and derbies in the English Premier League. If you were to rank the English clubs by size they'd be, what, fifteenth? They're certainly bigger than Bristol City where he was previously, and represent a more prestigious challenge.

Queens park play in a 52000 seater stadium does that make them a big club.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Because we'd cut his hands off if he didn't.

1 minute ago, hague said:

Queens park play in a 52000 seater stadium does that make them a big club.

^this guy, giving some much needed comic relief, thanks.

Anyone who thinks Aberdeen are even close to Sunderland in terms of size of club is a daft c**t. It's not even close.

Their average wage will be 10x that of Aberdeen's at least.

They had the 7th largest average attendance in the Premier League last season.

They just sold their goalkeeper for £30m.

It's not even a close contest.

Anyone who thinks Aberdeen are even close to Sunderland in terms of size of club is a daft c**t. It's not even close.

Their average will be 10x that of Aberdeen's at least.

They had the 7th largest average attendance in the Premier League last season.

They just sold their goalkeeper for £30m.

It's not even a close contest.

At the other extreme, sunderlands average attendance is 120,000?

Was supposed to say wage. Edited it as soon as I noticed.

Oh I see, apologies.

Like I say, when the big club argument comes about fans like to focus on trophies and success.

Not that that is necessarily totally irrelevant but in terms of managers looking for employment these facts are completely irrelevant in comparison to salary, budget, profile etc from a personal point of view.

Oh I see, apologies.

Like I say, when the big club argument comes about fans like to focus on trophies and success.

Not that that is necessarily totally irrelevant but in terms of managers looking for employment these facts are completely irrelevant in comparison to salary, budget, profile etc from a personal point of view.

Exactly. It's the perfect opportunity to go down south and completely rebuild one of the more established clubs. He's taken Aberdeen as far as he can, as there's no way you'll catch Celtic anytime soon. You're also starting to lose some of your best players so it's an ideal time for him to jump ship.

Who would you guys want to come in to replace him?

Exactly. It's the perfect opportunity to go down south and completely rebuild one of the more established clubs. He's taken Aberdeen as far as he can, as there's no way you'll catch Celtic anytime soon. You're also starting to lose some of your best players so it's an ideal time for him to jump ship.

Who would you guys want to come in to replace him?

Let me just state he's not gone yet and I still hold a glimmer of hope he won't jump just yet as I do think Sunderland as a club is a huge risk. I'm sure I am just clutching at straws but let's be positive.

To answer your question, no idea. Genuinely don't think there's an outstanding candidate. I would probably opt for tommy Wright personally if it was feasible. Knows the league, knows the market, tactically astute with consistent success (sorry saints).

Alex Neil is popular but I know some Norwich season ticket holders who despised him, recruitment was apparently dreadful down there. So who knows, he may be like mcinnes and come back and be successful.

No one else that has been mentioned really provokes any excitement to be honest. Worrying times.

Let me just state he's not gone yet and I still hold a glimmer of hope he won't jump just yet as I do think Sunderland as a club is a huge risk. I'm sure I am just clutching at straws but let's be positive.

To answer your question, no idea. Genuinely don't think there's an outstanding candidate. I would probably opt for tommy Wright personally if it was feasible. Knows the league, knows the market, tactically astute with consistent success (sorry saints).

Alex Neil is popular but I know some Norwich season ticket holders who despised him, recruitment was apparently dreadful down there. So who knows, he may be like mcinnes and come back and be successful.

No one else that has been mentioned really provokes any excitement to be honest. Worrying times.

Aye one of these two please.

I think Sheerin might be in the running for it, I always thought when he was brought in he would be McInnis replacement when he left. Very common in other leagues for the reserve team coach to step up and carry on the work the guy that left had started.

Seems strange he was at one point set to be named Caley manager and then they suddenly changed their plans. Maybe he was told to hold out for the Aberdeen job?