The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Considering the pressure he'll be under to get them back up and the Championship's reputation as being the league with the shortest shelf life for managers in the UK, he will be taking a massive risk going down. Ok financially it's a no brainer but for his career going forward? Unless he fancies the Sevco gig once yon Portuguese fella makes a meal of it. Easier move to go from A to C via B.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

One thing is absolutely certain in all this. If McInnes does go, WHOEVER is brought in as the new manager will get slated on message boards everywhere. Ehm.......just as McInnes was!

That AFC Chat site is full of compete bellends.

Hes only getting the job because hes Scottish and so is Martin Bain.

Left Bristol City at the bottom the last time he was in that league so this appointment from a Sunderland fans perspective who have ambitions of automatic promotion is a disgrace. He's found his level here in Scotland, will be exposed once again and be sacked with Sunderland languishing mid to lower position. 

All just my opinion of course. 

Edited by paddymcp

3 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Hes only getting the job because hes Scottish and so is Martin Bain.

Left Bristol City at the bottom the last time he was in that league so this appointment from a Sunderland fans perspective who have ambitions of automatic promotion is a disgrace. He's found his level here in Scotland, will be exposed once again and be sacked with Sunderland languishing mid to lower position. 

All just my opinion of course. 

Image result for nobody cares gif

You virtually jizz yourself with excitement whenever I post in a Dundee thread, telling me how obsessed I am with Dundee (have you not claimed multiple times to have me on ignore as well?). Yet you're in an Aberdeen thread, in a conversation about the St Johnstone manager, scanning my posts for grammatical errors?

Very interesting.

Calm down ffs. We are all free to comment as we fit. That's what you done [emoji1]

AFC social media channels are unreadable at present.

Fans having a pop at the club over this. Struggle to see what more they could've done, given "tell Sunderland to f**k off" isn't a realistic proposition in this day and age.

Can completely understand McInnes if he feels he's taken us as far as he can, with the training ground etc very much a good while away yet. I'd also question the backing he's had from the fans at times - the post split St Johnstone game where we could've clinched 2nd with a win only drew a crowd 10.5k. At that point he must've started to wonder what the fans actually fucking want.

Its not even like it's a diddy team. By almost every measure you've got to concede that Sunderland are a bigger team than Aberdeen. Massive support with a huge potential. The fact that we're getting around a million quid for him is a bonus in my eyes. He's done a terrific job and as much as I'm gutted he's leaving, he's earned it. I'll be watching Sunderland keenly next year, and I really hope he gets them up. I also hope he gets the time he deserves to create a good squad. 

I'm split on how well I would want him to do at Sunderland. On one hand, he has done an excellent job at Aberdeen and I like him on a personal level; on the other hand, most Sunderland fans, from what I have read on their forum, seem like utter weapons and I want them to fail. 

4 hours ago, akredz said:

Really?  
Seems like only a few weeks ago, there were a lot of your mob bemoaning his lack of ideas, tactics and man management abilities. 
Amazing what a difference amnesia makes.

Awwww don't be like that.

None of the above applies to me.

You shouldn't listen to Radio Scotland so much.

Nice to know you're not hurting :lol: