The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Even if we got one more season out of Clarkson and sold him next season (after he's tried out European Group football) I'd be delighted with that.

I genuinely believe for his own development joining Aberdeen is his best option.

With us then the team will essentially be built around him. Heโ€™ll have Shinnie (hopefully) and Ramadani next to him doing a lot of the dirty work, although heโ€™s shown he can handle himself as well. 8 European games, big games against the cheeks and Edinburgh clubs and maybe some semi finals or finals where heโ€™ll be a pretty certain starter. Other clubs will be able to offer more money no none of them can offer that.

One of the positives of the European outcome in terms of squad building, is that the European games don't start until late Augustย  (unlike previous years when we played qualifiers as early as late June).

If we don't get the loan players that served us well this season back, then presumably we make a hell of an attractive option for all the player-hoarding clubs down south and the club can bide its time as the options start presenting themselves.

I see the August Europa play-off as the cliched 'free hit', and still not certain it isn't actually in our best interests to lose that.

By the time the groups start later in Sep, hopefully we will be there with a squad where the calibre of loan player will if anything be at least equal, if not better, than Clarkson/ Scales/ Pollock.

ย 

For what it's worth, I've not seen or heard any rumours linking us with Clarkson. That's not to say we aren't interested, but I'd have assumed if we were one of the Scottish clubs alluded to with an interest then you'd normally start to see speculation starting online.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/1666903051142062083?s=46&t=zOHkKZu421V5U88sftUzvg

I see Celtic fans still despise Shay Logan for having the audacity to report racial abuse he received from one of their players.

It shouldnโ€™t be forgotten how shamefully their club and fans acted while this issue was going on.

Including Scott Brown.

23 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/1666903051142062083?s=46&t=zOHkKZu421V5U88sftUzvg

I see Celtic fans still despise Shay Logan for having the audacity to report racial abuse he received from one of their players.

It shouldnโ€™t be forgotten how shamefully their club and fans acted while this issue was going on.

Not to mention thereโ€™s only one reason the sun would highlight what a cove rangers player is doing as a career.ย 

42 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

A club like no other.

The greatest fans in the world.

Open to all.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

But, meight, Celtic were "on the floor".

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I see the annual panic about a lack of signings has begun in earnest.ย 

9 June is impressive, especially when this year our season doesnโ€™t actually start until august.ย 

I donโ€™t understand the panic. Most players away on holidays. We seem do most of business days or the day we come back for it.

rather we are at the days of waiting and getting the correct player in than 9 boys rocking up for a trialย 

6 minutes ago, Moorie said:

I donโ€™t understand the panic. Most players away on holidays. We seem do most of business days or the day we come back for it.

rather we are at the days of waiting and getting the correct player in than 9 boys rocking up for a trialย 

Aye, some fans need to take a holiday from it as well as the players I think.ย 

Not having a released list is a little odd but would suggest itโ€™s not all fully resolved yet.ย 

ย 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, some fans need to take a holiday from it as well as the players I think.ย 

Not having a released list is a little odd but would suggest itโ€™s not all fully resolved yet.ย 

ย 

I'm surprised that we haven't said who's being released yet, but no doubt there will be a reason. Don't like the headline today about the uncertainty around Graeme Shinnie's potential transfer, and I don't understand how a club having a transfer embargo stops them from selling players.ย 

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I'm surprised that we haven't said who's being released yet, but no doubt there will be a reason. Don't like the headline today about the uncertainty around Graeme Shinnie's potential transfer, and I don't understand how a club having a transfer embargo stops them from selling players.ย 

I was wondering that. I suspect it's partly that some news outlets have AI writing articles and don't sense check anything if it looks plausible. But it might also be because they need x number of players, have a few going out of contracts or loans ending and can't easily sign a replacement so just need him to make up numbers.ย 

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I donโ€™t think it does stop them from selling players, but they canโ€™t sign anyone so possibly not as willing to let him leave.ย 

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I donโ€™t think it does stop them from selling players, but they canโ€™t sign anyone so possibly not as willing to let him leave.ย 

I'm usually fairly logical, but that appears to have escaped me this time.ย 

4 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Including Scott Brown.

โ€˜Weโ€™ll stick by him as we know he didnโ€™t say it โ€” thatโ€™s the main thing,โ€™ Brown said. โ€˜I didnโ€™t think he needed to explain himself. We know he didnโ€™t say it. We know he doesnโ€™t come in and lie.โ€™

๐Ÿคขย 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Suspect weโ€™ll still get him but not ideal if it becomes a bit of a saga.ย 

Yup.ย  I can see it lasting right through til transfer deadline day, which means missing several rounds of fixtures and the European play-off.ย  He must rue the day he signed for that basket case of a club.

48 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Yup.ย  I can see it lasting right through til transfer deadline day, which means missing several rounds of fixtures and the European play-off.ย  He must rue the day he signed for that basket case of a club.

Tbf, he was out of one basket case and in to another ๐Ÿ˜‚