The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I hope we are seriously looking at throwing some big cash at him to extend his contract 

Runs out in 2024

Finishing 3rd could be the difference there. If (big if) we took the European group stage spot, it’s a relatively easy sell to say take a bigger contract, put yourself in the European shop window and we’ll sell you down the line.  

45 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I hope we are seriously looking at throwing some big cash at him to extend his contract 

Runs out in 2024

Very disappointing if he was only signed for 2 years, especially considering some of the contracts handed out to utter dross who struggle to make up the bench numbers.

Duk is our best player, and I would love him to be here next season; I don't doubt that bigger clubs will be circling, though. Miovski has also been really impressive in the last few games even without scoring; among our best performers against St Johnstone and again yesterday. His movement is a great asset, as seen again at the second goal yesterday. He also seems to be a bit more physically involved too since Robson took over. Two excellent pieces of scouting.

The foreign boys have done not bad, it has to be said, especially considering some were writing them off before they even kicked a ball for us. 

Trying to work out how we are 3rd, this has been one crazy season. January transfer window is one of the reason with the signing of decent defenders and Shinnie.

Still make Hearts slight favs for 3rd with us still having to play Rangers at home and I presume us going to our bogey ground Tynecastle.

Just shows the pressure of the European cash when Hearts sack their manager with 7 games to go. Hearts will have the same problem as us trying to get a decent manager although I expect them to get a managerial bounce. 

Edited by betting competition

35 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Trying to work out how we are 3rd, this has been one crazy season. January transfer window is one of the reason with the signing of decent defenders and Shinnie.

Still make Hearts slight favs for 3rd with us still having to play Rangers at home and I presume us going to our bogey ground Tynecastle.

Just shows the pressure of the European cash when Hearts sack their manager with 7 games to go. Hearts will have the same problem as us trying to get a decent manager although I expect them to get a managerial bounce. 

Still think we need to win on Friday to have a chance of completing the job. 

St Mirren have both us and hearts post split (I assume) so will fancy themselves. We’re going to have to avoid defeat in gorgie and paisley as well I think. 

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Still think we need to win on Friday to have a chance of completing the job. 

St Mirren have both us and hearts post split (I assume) so will fancy themselves. We’re going to have to avoid defeat in gorgie and paisley as well I think. 

Think that’s pretty fair. Friday on paper is the easiest game left this season (or possibly home to hibs?) so it’s a huge game and probably 1 that we have to win. 

I haven't been keeping up of late on here or looking at Twitter or anything but has there been any historical research into the last time we scored a goal as quick from kick-off as Duk's at Pittodrie?

I was wondering if Frank MacDougall's against Dumbarton in the league in 1984 was the nearest to it? Although, I think that was around 30 seconds in....

38 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I recall Rooney scoring really early against Hibs in the SC Semi 

I doubt Hewitt’s 9.6 seconds will ever be beaten 

Rooney 12 seconds 

Hewitt 9.6 seconds.

I remember Lewis Ferguson tried to score from kick off at Pittodrie when an opposition goalie was at the edge of his box. Wasn’t too far away. 

Think that’s the only way you’d see the Hewitt 9.6 being beaten.