The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Meh. 

Just laughing at the fact the statement refers to the football monitoring board several times without saying ‘football monitoring board’. 

I could be wrong, but it reads like they've met the top 4 candidates and Robbo is the favoured one?

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I could be wrong, but it reads like they've met the top 4 candidates and Robbo is the favoured one?

Yeah, I just meant they’ve clearly avoided mentioning the name after the ridicule of the Goodwin statement. 

I think he's the right man for the job we need to do for the remainder of the season.

Extended trial to the end of the season is probably a good way to see if he'll work out permanently. 

It's not great continuity wise for next season even if he does stay on. 

Pathetic defeat to the fermers on Saturday now inevitable. 

Don’t really see what the big issue is with Robson getting the job if he continues to perform well and has a good win %. Every so often you end up with a great young manager through the caretaker route and, from the outside looking in, everything Robson has done so far is positive.

36 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Don’t really see what the big issue is with Robson getting the job if he continues to perform well and has a good win %. Every so often you end up with a great young manager through the caretaker route and, from the outside looking in, everything Robson has done so far is positive.

Agree with that. By the end of the season he’ll have 15 games under his belt which is a decent sample size to determine whether he’s up to it.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I could only understand about half of what he was saying - and I've been living here for nearly 50 years.

Unreal, indeed!

You're doing well picking up 50% of that 

I hadn't a fucking clue what the lad was saying, apart from Aberdeen and unreal

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Tin hat on here but working along side a guy like Mciness for a few years would have been a good thing for his future career in management. If he isn’t offered the job in the summer he’ll easily pick up a gig between lower premiership and top end championship  

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It looks as if Anthony Stewart made his debut for MK Dons yesterday against his previous club to us in a 2-2 draw.

Hopefully we don’t see him back. 

Seeing as he was a Goodwin “pick” & the first thing Barry Robson did was strip him of the captaincy & shipped him off to the diddy version of the Dons, I trust we won’t. 

I saw this being plugged, so gave it a listen this evening. Worthwhile if you have the time. 

In short: Unsurprisingly speaks highly of Glass and Russell. Not completely hostile to Goodwin, but clearly not the strongest of relationships. Some very unpleasant stuff involving some of our fans and his family, including his wife being followed after a game against St Johnstone. Also reveals he took a panic attack after the World Cup this season and was briefly hospitalised.