The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

44 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Delighted to be eating more humble pie with each Angus MacDonald performance. Might let Shankland out of his pocket now the games over.

I thought he had a couple of questionable moments in the second half, but generally marshalled the defence well again. He has certainly been an upgrade on Stewart. I really like the look of Pollock; it's a pity we are unlikely to have him for longer than half a season.

Scales also did well, in fairness. He seems to actually suit being in a three or a five more than a four. 

On 05/03/2023 at 03:30, Afc69 said:

If he’s bought a house in Nairn, I think it’s ICT he will or should go to next season. In the Championship.

Sorry to have to say that but that’s what I’ve been thinking for quite a while now

This is about Graeme Shinnie, by the way. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m still not sold on robson but you have to say that was a statement performance today, particularly in the first half. Goodwin never produced anything like that in terms of performance. 

My concern is just the lack of experience when we hit a sticky patch. And also Agnew. We don't know what his long term plans are? Maybe he has no intention of staying ling term. At which point where does that leave Robson? Agnew has obviously been instrumental. 

I'd give it to Robson so long as Agnew stays. It's clear the players are playing for them both and totally bought in to their coaching and tactics.

There may be better out there but there's also the huge risk that these players don't take well to the new manager whereas the evidence is there of them playing for Robson.

As great a job as Barry Robson is doing, I still believe that we are looking at a higher level manager behind the scenes. Because of how well BR is coping I'm in no hurry for us to appoint anyone and happy to continue with the interim manager until whoever we want is available/says yes. 

On 10/03/2023 at 20:00, betting competition said:

Edinburgh Derby the same weekend and sky picks this match!

Ross county will be bottom 6,hibs will be top 6.

As they can only show a certain number of games from each ground sky will be saving Easter Road for which ever arsecheek plays there after the split

20 hours ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

My concern is just the lack of experience when we hit a sticky patch. And also Agnew. We don't know what his long term plans are? Maybe he has no intention of staying ling term. At which point where does that leave Robson? Agnew has obviously been instrumental. 

I’d not entertain the idea of appointing Robson if Agnew has no intention of staying.

I’m still not convinced Robson is the long-term answer 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d not entertain the idea of appointing Robson if Agnew has no intention of staying.

I’m still not convinced Robson is the long-term answer 

I'm the same. I just think it's too risky. And i don't think the club are thinking he's the answer either or they'd have appointed him by now. 

I think both him and Agnew have been told there are senior roles within the new management team there if they want them though.

I just can't see Cormack going for another manager in his first job. If it goes wrong it's another on him and who's going to cut him much slack? Not many imo. Apart from the Top Reds.