The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I don't really disagree with him. After the game at Hampden, there was a sense of unity among the fans and a feeling that the performance was at a good standard. He was in absolutely no danger of losing his job then. Even after Tynecastle, it didn't feel like there was any immediate danger. Darvel obviously changed everything and made it untenable with the support, followed by the final nail at Hibs. 

Edited by DrewDon

can we please not be as bad as we were last time at Tannadice. At least we now have proper centre backs. Can we now play proper full backs instead of converted wingers and could we try one up front through the middle then bring the other on if needed. Plus did anyone see United vs Ross County ? If we can have same spirit as we showed against Livingston we should beat United or at least not be humiliated.

Goodwin inability with a full bench to change things about that day and Lee Sharp's post match interview. " sometimes you get days like these" still stick in the craw.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I don't really disagree with him. After the game at Hampden, there was a sense of unity among the fans and a feeling that the performance was at a good standard. He was in absolutely no danger of losing his job then. Even after Tynecastle, it didn't feel like there was any immediate danger. Darvel obviously changed everything and made it untenable with the support, followed by the final nail at Hibs. 

I agree to a point, but to dismiss it as a bad week is ridiculous. A defeat to a sixth tier side on the Monday, our worst ever result in our 120 year history, and a 6-0 defeat against an out of form Hibs team down to the bare bones, possibly our worst ever defeat against a team outside of Glasgow. Tynecastle was a shambles as well and certainly a contributing factor.

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Good to see Alberto Del Rio's former announcer on the list for a new gig:

Next Permanent Aberdeen Manager
Win only

That list just proves the bookies have not a scooby doo who the manager will be. 
Won’t be any of the top 4 anyway.

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I disagree, Hampden might've given him a brief respite; however, the pressure was building from the home match against Celtic onwards.

If you didn't appreciate what was coming at Darvel then you hadn't been paying attention properly

The writing was on the wall for me (and I suspect the players as well), from the *** home game. We had the filth right where we wanted them at 2-1, completely on top. He then shat the bed, showed zero faith in his players and a complete lack of tactical understanding. That was the point he lost the dressing room imo.

He went into the World Cup in a state of ‘jury’s out’ imo, bolstered by being 3rd at the time. The points total was ok but the away record was stinking and we’d never finish 3rd if it kept up, coupled with some absolute disasters such as hibs and United. 

Post World Cup was just a rapid deterioration from neutral to rancid. That ‘horrendous week’ just made his position completely untenable.